Other Resources 2019 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 90

2019-09-19 9:15 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by lisac957

Anyone else register for an Ironman this week? Just me? 

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

Wisconsin, my first Ironman love. It will be the 10-year anniversary of my first IM, and at the same finish line. Gives me goosebumps already.

That is great.

x2!

X3 - I want to chat with you Lisa about the Wisconsin course. But since my motto is #nofullsin2020 it's on the 2021 list. and SINCE we've decided no fulls next year, I've decided I want to do more FUN things like getting back into mountain biking (I'm going somewhere with this I swear). So today, I went and ordered a new MTB. I'm kind of ill over spending that kind of money but when you think about it, I'm replacing a 2007 - so I tend to get my money's worth out of them. What did I get you ask? Juliana Rubion - same thing as the Santa Cruz Bronson with smaller grips, different saddle and smaller grips (I'm told). What am I replacing you ask? My pride and joy 2007 Titus Moto Lite. I bought the frame and the fork and hand picked everything on it. Not sure I have a good pic - must go look. But here's the new one.................
That is beautiful!!!!

2019-09-19 9:17 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by glfprncs Been a bit since I've checked in. Sorry! Been overwhelmed with Hurricane Dorian/Abaco relief. We have many friends in Marsh Harbour, and our Zinky is an Abaco Potcake dog, so we were very worried about friend's safety. The devastation is just horrific. My 8th graders are a rough bunch, and my DH is a bit 'over' my IM training at this point. Doesn't help that he has a pinched nerve & has been in excrutiating pain since Sept 12th. Here's hoping he wakes up on the mend tomorrow. Another 11 days of 'big training' & time to finally taper. They changed the run course again today for LOU, and is now THREE loops. Ugh! Good news is it goes right past the Aloft, so it'll be easy spectating for my family.
It sounds like you are having a ton of strain on all fronts!

We have friends in Little Harbor, just down the way from Marsh Harbor. I ache for their losses. It is heartbreaking.

2019-09-20 8:24 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Toronto

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by glfprncs Been a bit since I've checked in. Sorry! Been overwhelmed with Hurricane Dorian/Abaco relief. We have many friends in Marsh Harbour, and our Zinky is an Abaco Potcake dog, so we were very worried about friend's safety. The devastation is just horrific. My 8th graders are a rough bunch, and my DH is a bit 'over' my IM training at this point. Doesn't help that he has a pinched nerve & has been in excrutiating pain since Sept 12th. Here's hoping he wakes up on the mend tomorrow. Another 11 days of 'big training' & time to finally taper. They changed the run course again today for LOU, and is now THREE loops. Ugh! Good news is it goes right past the Aloft, so it'll be easy spectating for my family.
It sounds like you are having a ton of strain on all fronts!

We have friends in Little Harbor, just down the way from Marsh Harbor. I ache for their losses. It is heartbreaking.

Oh man. It's so hard. 

It's the thing about training especially for a big race that there's no such thing as the perfect training cycle - life happens and sometimes it just can't be the priority. So good on you for keeping going and keeping perspective. 

2019-09-21 10:20 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

September 21-22

Is anyone racing this weekend?

New Thread
Other Resources 2019 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 90