Other Resources The Political Joe » SOTU Address Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-01-17 9:26 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: SOTU Address
Nancy Pelosi uninvited Trump to the Capital to deliver the State of the Union Address. I keep reading how Nancy Pelosi is so politically skillful.....but this sure looks like a unforced error.

Senators are already saying Trump can deliver the SOTU address in the Senate. That would be a disaster for democrats.

On the other hand, perhaps she sees this as the lesser of two evils. Undoubtedly Trump will talk about border security and republican will cheer and democrats will be seen sitting on their hands and squirming.

I would love to help write this speech.....and choreograph the event. I would bring in the wife and baby of the SF who was executed by an illegal alien who had been previously deported and had two DUI arrests and an outstanding warrant. The cop was a legal immigrant and came to the US the right way. Introduce her and say "We owe it to the families of those killed by illegal immigrants to secure the border!" Then watch the democrats remain seated.......

2019-01-17 1:47 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: SOTU Address
Trump fires back at Pelosi:

"Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed," Trump wrote. "We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate."

He also told her she could fly commercial if she wanted to.

LOL

Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan? Sounds like a boondoggle anyway!
2019-01-17 2:54 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
hahahahaha.....craziness!
2019-01-18 9:39 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
"Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and a select group of congressional Democrats were boarded on a military charter bus bound for Andrews Air Force Base to catch a military charter jet to Europe were forced to turn around Thursday when President Donald Trump officially postponed the trip."

LOL, so they were on a bus heading to the airport when Trump pulled the plug.

In the world of 3-d chess I'm wondering if Trump played this right. The optics of democrats being a PR trip to Brussels and Egypt while the government is shut down would not play well for the democrats. Then again, no one would have ever known about this boondoggle had Trump not called attention to it. OK, well played Mr President.

Evidently that weasel Adam Schiff was one of the democrats who were kicked off the bus.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » SOTU Address Rss Feed