Other Resources The Political Joe » Cracks in the wall Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-01-25 4:45 PM

User image

, Arizona
Subject: Cracks in the wall
Trump gave his defeat speech this afternoon to reopen the government without funding for the wall for 3 weeks. Not surprising as they had zero leverage, seemed bizarre from the beginning that they felt hurting American federal workers and shutting down services important to all citizens was "sticking it to the democrats". Nothing was learned from 2013 it seems, what a pointless waste this has been for taxpayers.

My prediction is that in 3 weeks the situation will be unchanged, still no wall funding and Trump will declare a "national emergency". The $5.7 billion can't be wished out of thin air, likely the Army Corp of Engineers may have to divert its own budget (I'm sure things like flood control and responses to natural disasters isn't that important). I've also always wondered how fast a gas powered cut-off saw could get through a big steel barrier that costs $23 million/mile, probably less than 5 minutes.

2019-01-25 6:13 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Cracks in the wall

5.7 billion................the same as a couple hundred bucks from the budget of a family making 100,000/year............you know, crumbs.

It'll get done, we're patient. 

I find it hilarious that you and others whined non-stop about the shutdown, but when the President calls for a respite you can't do anything but puff your chest out and say he caved.  This isn't over by a long shot.  You know that.

Edited by Left Brain 2019-01-25 6:18 PM
2019-01-29 11:30 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
I think it is going to be an interesting few weeks. Considering all the past support the lead democrats have had for a wall, the rank and file I think are starting to realize just 100% obstruction of Trump may not be a winning strategy. Representatives elected to represent their districts, not toe a party line. I would love to see the RNC take out ads on CNN and MSNBC and only show the members of congress with their historical statements showing support for a wall. I would not add any additional commentary or scrolling text.

More food for thought: I wonder what would happen if the major networks would take one week and just report the news without spin? I'm guessing the approval ratings of several folks would change.
2019-01-29 3:09 PM
in reply to: nickster

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by nickster  More food for thought: I wonder what would happen if the major networks would take one week and just report the news without spin? I'm guessing the approval ratings of several folks would change.

It's not "news" any more, it's "info-tainment." I lost all respect for the media when comedians making commentary started showing up on my news feed constantly,

2019-01-30 8:01 AM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Champion
Alabama
From the democrat senator from the great red state of Alabama. Another crack?

Doug Jones
United States Senator from Alabama

Dear Mr. Rogillio,
Thank you for contacting me to share your support for building a physical wall at our southern border.
As a former U.S. Attorney, nothing is more important to me than the safety and security of our citizens. I support the full and fair enforcement of our immigration laws, and I believe the U.S. has a right to secure our borders and to determine who enters the country and for what purpose.
Please know that I am committed to finding efficient, effective, and practical solutions to securing our borders. In December, I was the only member of my party in the Senate to vote for a bill to fund the government and provide disaster relief to Alabama farmers while also providing the President's requested funding for border security. Since that vote failed, I have consistently urged my colleagues on both sides of the aisle and in the Administration to work together to find common ground on a path forward that secures our borders and prevents future shutdowns. I will continue to work with my colleagues in the Senate in the coming weeks to fix our broken immigration system and secure our borders.
Thank you again for writing. Please do not hesitate to do so again if ever I can be of assistance to you or your family.
Sincerely,
Doug Jones
United States Senator
https://www.jones.senate.gov

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Cracks in the wall Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

The Wall Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Rogillio
Views: 1244 Posts: 53

2019-01-10 10:17 PM Left Brain