General Discussion Race Reports! » Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Saint Charles, Missouri
United States
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 00m 13s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 24/136
Pre-race routine:

Walked around the arena for a little while.
Event warmup:

none, i figured there were thirteen miles to run, the first couple could serve as a warm up. The goal was to finish, not to be extremely fast.
Run
  • 2h 00m 13s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt really good for the first ten miles, and then it started to slide down hill. The last mile was really hard!!! My legs hurt so bad at the end. I couldn't really tell if my hamstrings were cramped up or if they just ached. My legs are still alittle sore today too. My run training had been a little unorganized/planned/goal oriented the last couple of weeks, so I feel that i could have been a little better prepared than i was today. I was also dealing with a swollen ankle. Its been bruised since my bike wreck and has been swelling that last couple of days. I wrapped it and ran and it didn't give me too much of a problem.
What would you do differently?:

Needed to be better hydrated day before and morning before race. More consistent run training.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around a little. Sat down and streched some. Muscles were really aching. Spent a 35 min sitting in the parking lot trying to get out. What a jam.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

training inconsistencies

Event comments:

Except for the traffic jam leaving, i really enjoyed the race. The volunteers were great as were the spectators.

Last updated: 2006-08-24 12:00 AM
Running
02:00:13 | 13.1 miles | 09m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 24/136
Overall: 758/
Performance: Good
Course: The course was mainly flat, which was nice. There was,however, a pretty big hill right about mile 12, yeah that one was a little tough.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-09-18 10:04 PM

User image

Expert
Phoenix, AZ
Subject: Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon

2006-09-18 10:53 PM
in reply to: #545275

User image

Regular
Little Rock, AR
Subject: RE: Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon
Great race! Your report sounds eerily familiar ... sore legs after mile 10 and miserable hill   Congrats and hope the ankle feels better!!
2006-09-19 7:43 AM
in reply to: #545275

User image

Expert
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon

Good racing Kerri.  I looked for you, but obviously never saw you.

That hill at the end was such punishment.  It would have been a real doozy for the marathoners who had to tackle it twice. Ouch!

Get all healed up for Rec Plex because truly, there's no amount of training at this point that can really make us faster 10 days from now. let's try to go into it healthy.

Congrats on the nice half mary!!

~B

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lewis & Clark Marathon and Half Marathon Rss Feed