Other Resources The Political Joe » Prostitution Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-02-26 11:59 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Prostitution
"Patriots owner Robert Kraft facing charges of soliciting a prostitute"

I consider myself ultra conservative so it's odd that I think prostitution should be legal. I supposed this is probably the libertarian position. My reasoning:

1. It is a victimless crime.
2. It is a financial transaction between to consenting adults
3. It is a blatant attempt to legislate morality
4. If it was legal it could be cleaned up and regulated
5. Wasted time spent by cops, the courts, jails, etc that could be used for crimes where there is actually a victim or aggrieved party

What are your thoughts?

2019-02-26 12:26 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Prostitution

It depends. 

Human trafficking is not just a catchy phrase......it's actually a huge problem.

Secondly, I've worked numerous prostitution stings over the years, and they all came as a result of complaints with regard to increased crime in the area.  You would not believe how much crap can come out of one of these businesses.  Everything from robberies, to "failure to pay", to crazy jealous wives/girlfriends, extortion, etc.  It can be a real mess for a neighborhood.

Sure, I guess you could legalize and legitimize it and we may be talking about a different animal.....but not now as an illegal enterprise and the resulting issues that come with it.

2019-02-26 1:33 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
I can certainly see where there would be a lot of problems associated with illegal prostitution just like the crime and violence associated with illegal marijuana. My thinking is, if it was legal and regulated and monitored by the health department the market would change. Why pick up a girl on the street when you could go to a 'respectable' cathouse that you know is clean and regulated.

When I was in college I traveled to Europe and I heard about a legal cathouse in Germany. It looked like a typical bar. You would pay a very expensive 'cover charge' to get in but the 'cover charge' included everything. IOW, you paid up front. You would have a few drinks and look around for a girl of your choosing then maybe buy her a drink. When the time was right she'd invite your upstairs to a bedroom. She would take clean sheets out of a dresser in the room and make the bed. You be given a condom and were required to use it. Afterwards she'd strip the sheets from the bed and you'd go back to the bar. Uh....at least that is what I heard that process was.

I think the market for human trafficking would drop if it were legal but that is just a guess. I'm sure in states where pot is now legal there are very few people who buy their pot in back alleys from 'questionable' characters claiming to have some good chit or killer weed. If you are a consumer why would you risk arrest for soliciting prostitution at a massage pallor or nail salon when there is a legal hohouse just down the street? Not much of a market for unregulated bootleg whiskey these days. Too risky.

I think prostitution is legal in the country Las Vegas is in but not legal within the city limits. Have no idea that logic in that.....maybe the mob wants to keep control of prostitution w/i the city?

2019-02-27 9:21 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Yeah, I don't know.  It's one of those things I don't think too much about.....other then I know, right now, the trade is FULL of women who don't want to be where they are. 

How about this.....whatever the Liberals want to do with the problem,  my opinion is we should do the exact opposite.

2019-02-27 4:12 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Tejas
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Prostitution Rss Feed