General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sore Achilles tendon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-03-07 10:19 AM

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: Sore Achilles tendon
Hello all,

I've been experiencing some right Achilles tendon soreness for the last week and a half, at least in the area well below my right calve and above my heel. I feel no pain while walking or running. It's not swollen and it does not feel tender. No bumps detected either. I'd love that feeling to go away though. I've been gently stretching it daily and doing eccentric exercises to work the area out pain free.

My issue is I have the LA Marathon less than 3 weeks away (24th) and I'm starting my taper. I need some advice how to proceed. I've been thinking about getting on the bike trainer and doing some 1 to 1.5 hour session on there in the Z2 to Z3 range to maintain cardiovascular fitness until it goes away. Or should I just take some time off?

I will see my chiropractor this coming Monday to possibly do some ART on it. Maybe that'll help too.

Thanks,
Roland

2019-03-07 3:10 PM
in reply to: kloofyroland

User image

Subject: RE: Sore Achilles tendon
Chiropractor/physio is probably the best, they'll have a better idea of what's actually going on. That said, I've suffered from a similar issue, is it worse first thing in the morning? Keep with the stretching & eccentrics, but add a good icing. Stretch your posterior chain - calves, hamstrings, & glutes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sore Achilles tendon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Sore Quads - Lower Inside

Started by PigeonTri
Views: 589 Posts: 4

2018-08-28 10:00 AM JoelO

Shoulder Incredibly Sore (maybe from Aero position)

Started by dupdup
Views: 1065 Posts: 7

2018-04-12 10:14 AM FlexibleAthlete