Other Resources The Political Joe » Liberal friends on facebook Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-03-20 5:52 AM

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
Subject: Liberal friends on facebook
I have one friend from high school that puts up a bunch of liberal platitudes that I feel obligated to respond to. This weekend there was one on Betsy DeVos. The post was essentially her appointment was "corruption on the highest level," due to donations she had made and that "our children will suffer for years because other complete and utter failure as Secretary of Education."

Now I don't know that much about DeVos and have a negative opinion of Amway in general, but I replied "in what way?"

The reply was "billionaires only like billionaires" (actual spelling). My follow up was "that is not a statement based on facts and has nothing to do with whether she is doing a good job in her position."

The next reply was "then tel us just how she is assisting everyone to have good schooling."

Me: I did't say she was doing a good job or not. The premise made was she was doing a lousy job because she was a billionaire, which I did not find a compelling argument. I have not researched her positions."

Reply: I have researched her platforms and she is a slime bag, I would say more, yet please research her yourself."

It went on in a similar vein for a while.

2019-03-20 9:26 AM
in reply to: nickster

User image

Denver, Colorado
Subject: RE: Liberal friends on facebook
Originally posted by nickster

I have one friend from high school that puts up a bunch of liberal platitudes that I feel obligated to respond to. This weekend there was one on Betsy DeVos. The post was essentially her appointment was "corruption on the highest level," due to donations she had made and that "our children will suffer for years because other complete and utter failure as Secretary of Education."

Now I don't know that much about DeVos and have a negative opinion of Amway in general, but I replied "in what way?"

The reply was "billionaires only like billionaires" (actual spelling). My follow up was "that is not a statement based on facts and has nothing to do with whether she is doing a good job in her position."

The next reply was "then tel us just how she is assisting everyone to have good schooling."

Me: I did't say she was doing a good job or not. The premise made was she was doing a lousy job because she was a billionaire, which I did not find a compelling argument. I have not researched her positions."

Reply: I have researched her platforms and she is a slime bag, I would say more, yet please research her yourself."

It went on in a similar vein for a while.

I've seen it both ways. Liberals, conservatives, and all other forms... You should see (or not...) what is happening in FB mom's groups......

A while ago I decided not to engage in FB discussions, especially the heavy political ones. And I unfollowed the most obnoxious ones. Regardless which side they represented.
2019-03-20 10:21 AM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Pro

Yes, PLEASE assist me in getting "good schooling" for my children Betsy.  LMAO

2019-03-20 10:34 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama
Maybe if everyone had good schooling they would be able to spell billionaire? :-)

I’m assuming autocorrect corrected you post.

Edited by Rogillio 2019-03-20 10:36 AM
2019-03-20 10:38 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

I'll never figure out people who complain about what the govt. does or doesn't do.  I just want the govt. to leave me alone as much as possible.

If you don't like the "schooling" your kids are getting then do it yourself.....plenty of folks do.  That FB post was typical....they don't like anything President Trump or his administration does...and they never will.  Hillary didn't become President and the crying has never stopped.  I've never seen anything like it, but it's been worth 1000 laughs for sure.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Liberal friends on facebook Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Liberal's 20/20 hindsite

Started by Rogillio
Views: 216 Posts: 2

2018-12-27 10:57 AM Left Brain

Leaving Facebook?

Started by Left Brain
Views: 869 Posts: 21

2018-03-26 8:11 AM Rogillio