General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Original BT members out there? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2019-04-05 7:02 AM
in reply to: kimmax

User image

Master
South Florida
Subject: RE: Any Original BT members out there?

It Is fun to look back.   Reading through logs and seeing what I was doing when I started   It helps me when I am trying to help newbies remember that at one time I knew NOTHING 

Originally posted by kimmax

Registered in 2008 and still logging consistently.  It's nice to go back and see how far I've come.  I've met a couple of people from the site over the years and consider one a good friend (latestarter).

2019-04-05 7:06 AM
in reply to: trinunya

User image

Master
South Florida

I must love IMFL as it's my 4th time back there   I am pretty certain I won't beat my PR there which was 10 years ago....age hurts my feelings  but...it's for sure better than the alternative so just looking to have a great season of training and good time out on the course.  Plus, I just bought a new bike frame and am looking forward to building it up and becoming good friends.  

Originally posted by trinunya I have logged every one of my workouts here since December 2010. I did IMFL in 2011. You are going to love it if the weather is good. It was a great PR for me.. I would like to beat it someday but I am getting older and slower. I might do it again next year.

2019-04-09 8:03 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Still here, once in awhile.  Joined 2004-02-05, hard to believe over 15 years ago.  I became burnout several years ago, sold the TB and since I'm small business work-to-much type I got out of shape.  2 years ago a friend asked me to do a Ragnar Miami SB and that got me got back into running. We've done 4 relay runs had have 2 more later this year to do along with a HM.  Sure is getting tougher the older I get!

2019-04-10 1:27 PM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Master
South Florida

That's great! I hear ragnar is a blast.  I'd love to do hood to coast one year.   I agree- it is getting MUCH harder as I age 

Originally posted by Donto

Still here, once in awhile.  Joined 2004-02-05, hard to believe over 15 years ago.  I became burnout several years ago, sold the TB and since I'm small business work-to-much type I got out of shape.  2 years ago a friend asked me to do a Ragnar Miami SB and that got me got back into running. We've done 4 relay runs had have 2 more later this year to do along with a HM.  Sure is getting tougher the older I get!

2019-04-10 3:38 PM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
My profile tells me I started here in November of '04. I'd signed up for a 'super sprint' tri with a 200m pool swim and I was trying to build up to swimming 200m. Over the years I've met a few other BT people at events. Like so many others here, my training fell off quite a bit for a few years. I'm trying to get some of it back now but, almost 15 years later, it's not coming back so easily any more. Especially the running!
2019-04-11 12:38 AM
in reply to: #5257273

User image

Veteran
Snohomish WA
I joined in 2008. Had an great group of friends here back in the day but they're all gone now. This is my first year back after a long layoff of being unhealthy.

2019-04-11 10:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Bronze member

I joined in jan 2004- clueless and didn't own a functioning bike , hadn't done any swimming, was a 5 mile fitness runner..had talked about doing a local tri and a friend said- you have been saying that for a long time..something clicked and I started looking for info ......found BT- got some really helpful tips & encouragement - did my first sprint tri in July 2004 and fell  in love with the sport..I had SO much FUN !  Kept trying to improve-trying new distances..first full Ironman in 2011...There was a great sense of community  at BT -l ots of positive people - follows peoples training and racing and ended up meeting up with some BTers  at races ....developed some real friendships...To this day I use the logs tho I have taken a hiatus from tris having discovered trail running ..but lately gotten the bug to "go back to my roots" and do some shorter distance tris this year. Thanks for the thread-prompted me to go back & look at some race reports with a smile.. Will  follow here and see who pops up that I may remember !

Edited by isis 2019-04-11 10:18 AM
2019-04-12 1:36 PM
in reply to: isis

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Joined in Jan 2004.  Visit now only on rare occasions, usually to check something on my old logs.

I "retired" from triathlon due to some physical ailments that hindered my riding and running.  Just a Masters swimmer now.

Not too many names I recognize anymore.  

Mark

2019-04-13 11:20 AM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

I'm April 2006.  Been logging workouts ever since.  Can't believe I've been doing this lifestyle that long, but I guess I have.    Its a great community.

I stopped tris maybe 5 or 6 years ago and have focused on swimming.  Its been a worthwhile and engaging transition.  Even so, I still regularly log the workouts and keep up with friends through inspires.

Edited by Ridgelake 2019-04-13 11:21 AM
2019-04-13 4:26 PM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Master
Bronze member

I remember your name

2019-04-19 8:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston
not one of the originals...joined 09/01/2009...
took a break for a while but ready to jump back in.

looking forward to being a part of the BT community again.

-jb

2019-04-21 12:31 PM
in reply to: jasonwb

User image

Master
Bronze member
2019-04-22 3:27 PM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

Originally posted by Mimir98

I am quite certain your "screen name" is familiar to me    I was pretty consistent on here for about 10 years then it got spotty.  It's good to see people still on here!  

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

I joined in 2006, so not quite "original" but long nonetheless   I still use the log to log everything I do, fitness-wise.  It's quite a data set at this point. 

I remember your name, too!  Welcome back and happy training  

2019-04-22 4:07 PM

User image

Started way back in 2004 ish, I think... bailed a few years ago but do check in now and again.  Still refer to my old race reports if I am doing the same event.

2019-04-23 9:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Hi all,

Joined in 2004 - as others have said, it was a completely different scene here at the time.

I still use the training log and check this general discussion forum every once in a while.

Frank
2019-04-23 6:53 PM
in reply to: Snailfish

User image

Master
Bronze member

Welcome Back!

2019-04-24 7:38 AM
in reply to: Frank in St. Louis

User image

Master
South Florida

Originally posted by Frank in St. Louis Hi all, Joined in 2004 - as others have said, it was a completely different scene here at the time. I still use the training log and check this general discussion forum every once in a while. Frank

Frank in St. Louis...where in St. Louis are you?  I grew up there!    

2019-04-24 7:41 AM
in reply to: jasonwb

User image

Master
South Florida

Originally posted by jasonwb not one of the originals...joined 09/01/2009... took a break for a while but ready to jump back in. looking forward to being a part of the BT community again. -jb

What's on your race calendar for this year?   I like this format better than strava or garmin connect, both which I have used but meh.   

2019-04-24 7:42 AM

User image

Master
South Florida

Originally posted by isis

Welcome Back!

It's good to be back!   

2019-04-24 7:47 AM
in reply to: Ridgelake

User image

Master
South Florida

Originally posted by Ridgelake

I'm April 2006.  Been logging workouts ever since.  Can't believe I've been doing this lifestyle that long, but I guess I have.    Its a great community.

I stopped tris maybe 5 or 6 years ago and have focused on swimming.  Its been a worthwhile and engaging transition.  Even so, I still regularly log the workouts and keep up with friends through inspires.

I

I "quit" tris after 2016...I had my only two DNFs - one was at St. George 70.3 - I was hypothermic...and then I dropped (almost literally, lol) from IM Chatt 6 miles from the finish later that year due to heat exhaustion.  I was over it after that!   But only for a hot minute    I did some ultra running and swam around key west but last fall did Escape to Miami and now am registered for IMFL.   It will be my 4th IMFL and hopefully my 6th 140.6.  Just bought a new bike frame as my tri bike was no longer safe to ride    I will be building it up so it will be ready to start full on IM training next month.   Woohoo!   It is a great lifestyle with awesome friendships forged along the way

2019-04-24 7:49 AM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Master
South Florida

Originally posted by RedCorvette

Joined in Jan 2004.  Visit now only on rare occasions, usually to check something on my old logs.

I "retired" from triathlon due to some physical ailments that hindered my riding and running.  Just a Masters swimmer now.

Not too many names I recognize anymore.  

Mark

"Just a maters swimmer"...that in itself is a great thing!    Swimming is probably my favorite!   

2019-04-24 7:51 AM

User image

Master
South Florida

Originally posted by isis

I joined in jan 2004- clueless and didn't own a functioning bike , hadn't done any swimming, was a 5 mile fitness runner..had talked about doing a local tri and a friend said- you have been saying that for a long time..something clicked and I started looking for info ......found BT- got some really helpful tips & encouragement - did my first sprint tri in July 2004 and fell  in love with the sport..I had SO much FUN !  Kept trying to improve-trying new distances..first full Ironman in 2011...There was a great sense of community  at BT -l ots of positive people - follows peoples training and racing and ended up meeting up with some BTers  at races ....developed some real friendships...To this day I use the logs tho I have taken a hiatus from tris having discovered trail running ..but lately gotten the bug to "go back to my roots" and do some shorter distance tris this year. Thanks for the thread-prompted me to go back & look at some race reports with a smile.. Will  follow here and see who pops up that I may remember !

Wasn't it great to go to a race and meet up with people you "knew"!   BT dinners and just friendly faces.  I learned so much on here!!   Look forward to seeing you get back to your roots!  

2019-04-24 11:49 AM

User image

Expert
Broadlands

I just logged back in after almost 2 years off of the site (checked my last post).

I joined in 2006, was active on here for a while, Felt Mafia!

Decided two years ago to get back in to tri's.  ended up doing more endurance running, forgot the riding and swimming parts!

looking to race IM 70.3 NC in October this year so checked in.

Enjoyed  "cup of joe" although it was quiet last time, was very active early on.

Recognize a number on here that have responded so far although I was nowhere near as active as most.

looking forward to getting back to multisport training, already back on the bike and still running just the third (and by far hardest) swimming to go!

Edited by TriDB 2019-04-24 11:55 AM
2019-04-26 10:39 AM
in reply to: alltom1

User image

Master
South Florida

Originally posted by alltom1
Originally posted by briderdt

Originally posted by alltom1 Anyone in this thread a refugee from TriNewbiesOnline?

Oh, now there are some memories. TTN's fixie riding on Powercranks? Or the ultimate blow-up of "Disappointed"? The throw-down between TNO and ST at... which tri was that?

'Dissapointed' -how it was spelled in the thread - was the most train-wrecky in real-time thread ever created. I didn't understand what I was reading until about the time the thread got pulled, which happened pretty quickly, IIRC. I don't remember the throw down well but can't imagine it went well for the TNO folks..

vague memories of that but not at all what it was about!  

2019-04-26 10:43 AM
in reply to: TriDB

User image

Master
South Florida

Originally posted by TriDB

I just logged back in after almost 2 years off of the site (checked my last post).

I joined in 2006, was active on here for a while, Felt Mafia!

Decided two years ago to get back in to tri's.  ended up doing more endurance running, forgot the riding and swimming parts!

looking to race IM 70.3 NC in October this year so checked in.

Enjoyed  "cup of joe" although it was quiet last time, was very active early on.

Recognize a number on here that have responded so far although I was nowhere near as active as most.

looking forward to getting back to multisport training, already back on the bike and still running just the third (and by far hardest) swimming to go!

That's great you are back at it!   Maybe you can stir the pot up and get cup of joe exciting again  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Original BT members out there? Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

The spam problem on BT is getting better, yes?

Started by alicefoeller
Views: 560 Posts: 5

2019-03-31 11:10 PM HaydenHunter

Thank You BT and BSC Multisport

Started by jnuger
Views: 884 Posts: 4

2018-11-06 7:39 PM jpetrehn

Submit Your Favorite Gear for BT's Annual Gift Guide - Reposted from Articles

Started by k9car363
Views: 662 Posts: 1

2018-09-07 3:15 PM k9car363

Is BT Dead? Another Spam Forum and Time To Move On?

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 1273 Posts: 21

2018-07-17 10:54 AM lisac957