General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-04-13 5:02 PM

Subject: Hello!
Hi everyone! My name is Tammy and I live in Michigan. I am a wounded runner and took up biking and swimming to stay active. I figured I’ll be able to run again, so why not do a tri? I was a swimmer in high school, 40 years ago! I just have to get all the parts moving again and see what happens! I’m giving myself a solid year to figure this sport out. I am going to take the advice of a lady in my run group and watch a tri and maybe even volunteer for one this year before I dive into the deep end and register - that and I have a wedding dress I need to make but I don’t know when the wedding is yet lol

I am open to advice and tips, and love reading stories of everyone’s accomplishments! Thanks for having me in this group!

2019-04-14 3:19 PM
in reply to: Tmoorey

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Subject: RE: Hello!

Originally posted by Tmoorey Hi everyone! My name is Tammy and I live in Michigan. I am a wounded runner and took up biking and swimming to stay active. I figured I’ll be able to run again, so why not do a tri? I was a swimmer in high school, 40 years ago! I just have to get all the parts moving again and see what happens! I’m giving myself a solid year to figure this sport out. I am going to take the advice of a lady in my run group and watch a tri and maybe even volunteer for one this year before I dive into the deep end and register - that and I have a wedding dress I need to make but I don’t know when the wedding is yet lol I am open to advice and tips, and love reading stories of everyone’s accomplishments! Thanks for having me in this group!

Hi Tammy!

Welcome to Beginner Triathlete.  You were a swimmer back in the day, that will be very helpful when you start training.  Even though it's been 40-years, you probably will have a "leg-up" on those that don't come from a swim background.  One of the best things you can do when you start training is to have a plan.  To that end, there are a number of plans available here on Beginner Triathlete.  Many of them are free.  The other things is don't be afraid to ask questions.  EVERY single person on this website was a beginner at some point.  Most of the people here are happy to answer any questions you may have.

Welcome and enjoy the journey.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello! Rss Feed