Ultranut Running
60F / 16C
Overcast
Total Time = 6h 01m 57s
Overall Rank = 82/280
Age Group = 0-99
Age Group Rank = 59/
Pre-race routine:

ate my oatmeal and drove to the race start.
Event warmup:

Stood around for 30 min waiting for the start. Stretched a little, no running or real warm up, thoguh. I guess 31 miles was enough.
Run
  • 6h 01m 57s
  • 50 kms
  • 07m 14s  min/km
Comments:

This went very well, better than expected. Longest training run was 20 miles, and that was 4 weeks ago. Hadn't run a marathon in almost 3 years, so I was a bit nervous. I ran with Shaefer the whole way to pace and coach him through, and this helped. Course was great. Several creek crossings that were mid-shin deep. Great aid stations adn course markings. I now see why this race sells out in less than a day. Was tired at the end, and my knees were aching but I never got the quad pain that I used to get at the end of these long races. Probably due to the slower speeds.
What would you do differently?:

nothing
Post race
Warm down:

GOt some food, which was lacking, and then had to wait almost an hour to get a shuttle bus back to the start. This was the only negative about the whole event.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothnig

Event comments:

The race itself was great. RD did a great job with the website and pre-race communication. Course was great, tough, bu fair. Post race activities were lacking. Not much food, and my main complaint was the shuttles back to the start line. We had to wait over an hour to get a bus.

Last updated: 2019-04-03 12:00 AM
Running
06:01:57 | 50 kms | 07m 14s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/280
Performance: Good
Course: 31 mile loop of trails. Very little falt. Only 1 big hill, but constant up and down the whole way.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes