General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Feelin’ it Friday 5/24/19 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-05-24 2:26 PM

User image

Subject: Feelin’ it Friday 5/24/19
Today was supposed to be a scheduled rest day for me. I was able to get off work a little early so I went out for a midday 5k. Balmy 93 degrees so it was good heat training for Augusta in September.

Happy training!

2019-05-24 2:37 PM
in reply to: Parkland

User image

Denver, Colorado
Subject: RE: Feelin’ it Friday 5/24/19
I was planning to have a run on my lunch break, and then rest for the rest of the day (given travel plans and lots of training over the weekend). But work got crazyyyy and I had to stay at my computer. Until I decided I need to step away, otherwise my mind will blow up... So I did a tiny 30 minutes run, and am back to work.

Have a great long weekend!
2019-05-24 3:26 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Change of plans here too. Forecast did not look good (actually it looks cool and rainy for the whole long weekend) but it was beautiful this morning so I decided to get in a run (instead of an indoor bike) after PT and errands this morning. 46 minutes and change of running on the Greenbelt (riverside bike path). No calls from Kona this time, but I did have to pick up the pace a little at the end due to a rapidly approaching storm (they often involve hail) that ended up hitting about 20 minutes after I finished.

No special plans for the weekend due to yucky weather. We might go back to Oregon the week after next for an interview (or I could do it by Skype from here) and some other, less essential, things. (Run the wood chip trails, bike Row River MUP, etc.)

If we go, I will attempt to get my bones out to Row River on my hybrid. Tried Mom's MTB for a short, level spin today and it was fine; the only part that felt a bit awkward and uncomfortable was dismounting. Just not ready for road or tri bike outside yet.

Edited by Hot Runner 2019-05-24 3:27 PM
2019-05-24 3:56 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by marysia83 I was planning to have a run on my lunch break....but work got crazyyyy and I had to stay at my computer.

Ya...my work schedule is crazy every day.  I only pullet on 12 hour work day this week.  We had five engineerings in my office in January and we were trying to fire another one.  Then we had one quite in January and another one quite in March.  So we're down to three.  They hired one who is office six hours away in Houston but we are still short staffed and am the only one in the office this week so I have been slammed.   

I did get in a bike trainer work out this morning though.   60 minutes with 6 x 6-7 mins @ 90-95% FTP.  

2019-05-24 7:58 PM
in reply to: #5259174

User image

I listened to an interview with Jesse Thomas earlier this week. In the interview he said something like: A training schedule is only perfect the day you make it. After that, things change.

Being flexible and able to adapt is an essential quality to have. Sounds like everyone practiced that today.
2019-05-24 8:46 PM
in reply to: Parkland

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Generally I just try to hit all my planned workouts during the week unless there are illness or injury issues. (And right now, I'm the one making the plan, so it is what I say it is. Basically four rides, four runs, three swims.) Exactly what day I do the workouts on tends to get shifted around depending on weather, other time demands (especially when I am working), and pool hours. Here my pool access has been pretty reliable. It's not a great facility, but I can usually count on a lane between 11 and 3; probably evenings after 6 if I was working. In Saigon it seemed to change on a weekly, sometimes daily basis with kid practices and meets, lifeguard family drama, storms, etc. etc. so basically I swam whatever three days of the week I could get in the water!

2019-05-24 11:06 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Denver, Colorado
I depend on the things I can't control too. I can only swim during work hours, and only until 2 (when they close the pool). So if I get stuck with work, I miss the swim. I always have running stuff with me at work, in case i don't make it to the pool. I am lucky I can take lunch breaks whenever I want, and happen to go for a run even at 3:30 to 4:30 (ending work at 5). Morning workout depends on the weather, but having a little gym in my buidling helps with some equipment. Evenings are harder... I need to spend some time with my kids, my daughter has gymnastic practice 3 evenings a week, and my son has a therapy one evening too. Other than that, I am usually tired with all the household stuff, and sometimes I just want to enjoy the movie
I think sticking to the plan is the hardest part of the training....
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Feelin’ it Friday 5/24/19 Rss Feed