United States
63F / 17C
Precipitation
Total Time = 2h 00m 27s
Overall Rank = 11/21
Age Group = female
Age Group Rank = 6/11
Pre-race routine:

We went to a wedding the night before. Gott o bed around 11 got up at 4:15 and drove over. D was really hurting so I told him to stay in the car and nap. There was no reason for him to stand in the rain. I ate a PB sandwich on the way over. I have no idea why I keep eating that because it always makes me want to puke on the bike.

So I grabbed my stuff and took princess to transition. It was starting to rain so I headed for the VIP tent and just sat there until me wave.
Event warmup:

nada
Swim
  • 34m 49s
  • 2000 yards
  • 01m 44s / 100 yards
Comments:

So my watch apparently did not pick up a signal except for 1200 yards. it was beeping and vibrating but honestly I just kept swimming and this was the first time I raced with the 935. Seemed not so bad. I was in a HUGE wave with all the young guns. There was some jerk in a wetsuit with a yellow stripe who was so annoying. The last 200 yards or so I was getting splashed SO BADLY I was like WTF is a guard splashing me with a paddles? There was some guy with ENOURMOUS flipper like feet splashing water all over me. UGH

So How TF knows how long this swim was. My Garmin didnt work properly, people are reporting everything between 2124 yards 18xx my gramin had it at 1729 last year. I called it 2000
What would you do differently?:

swim more? Not take vaca 2 weeks before race? We had an insanely busy week
Transition 1
  • 04m 56s
Comments:

So this race has a very unusual transition area. its long and skinny. They send off HIM then Sprint then oly but runing into transition its sprint then oly then HIM so all the sprint athlets are trying to run down with their bikes as oly athletes are trying to run up past them with their bikes. Not. Speedy. And it was raining

I can't make the people in front of me go faster. I had trouble with the wetsuit. The one I am slightly too fat for and could not find the damn zipper
Bike
  • 1h 20m 48s
  • 25.6 miles
  • 19.01 mile/hr
Comments:

so I was roughly 6 minutes faster than last year. I will take it. It was raining when the race started. It had dried out a bit and it started raining the last 5-6 miles. I did well for me and considering my limited time outside so far this year

bike more. Move to a state it is actually WARM so I can bike outside more. Last year I was
Post race
Warm down:

got my medal, shoes and jacket. raining. Didnt place so I left. I smelled REALLY BAD. Went to a friends house for a glorious shower and lunch afterwards.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not sure on the swim

Event comments:

Great race, not crazy about the venue, the transition area really does suck. I was 7 minutes faster on the bike than last year and 5 minutes overall. Last year I was 4th this year 6th can't control who shows up on race day. Like a DI swimmer who is 19 in your age group...…..and you are 53

Last updated: 2019-06-09 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:34:49 | 2000 yards | 01m 44s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/11
Overall: 0/21
Performance:
One lap of indeterminate length
Suit:
Course: one loop
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 68F / 20C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average