General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Independence Day Fireworks 7/4/19 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-07-04 7:38 AM

User image

Subject: Independence Day Fireworks 7/4/19
Happy Independence Day to the US folks!

Up early this morning for 1hr 45 minutes on the trainer. Solid Z2 effort with some short efforts into Z4. Followed that up with an easy 20 minute run on the treadmill. First brick workout I’ve completed in a while. Thankfully the legs didn’t feel weird once I started running. Looking forward to a day at the pool (not that pool) with friends and family.

Everyone have a fun and safe day!

2019-07-04 6:05 PM
in reply to: Parkland

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Independence Day Fireworks 7/4/19
Started the day with a hearty breakfast at Fireman's Pancake Day in a neighboring town, so very well-fueled for today's workouts!

AM 2000 yard swim. For some reason I finally managed to get under 1:40/100 yards. Wondering if I counted right. (I am wearing fins, and my swim form is still pretty far from "normal" as I can't quite get full extension from my left arm, probably due to an unhappy combo of metalwork and scar tissue. But maybe I have mastered swimming with 1 1/2 functioning arms?) Eventually will start weaning myself off the fins--I did 100 yards today and it was hard work! OMG I am "swimming like a triathlete". (I have a big ego thing about this. Swam before I walked, never much of a sprinter, but I was our fastest swimmer at 1500m in high school.) Unlike most triathletes, when I'm healthy, it's the bike, not the swim, that's my cross to bear.

PM One hour fartlek run on the Greenbelt. For some reason I thought the western end of the trail would be pretty empty because there aren't any parks there. I was wrong!
2019-07-05 9:52 AM
in reply to: Parkland

User image

Subject: RE: Independence Day Fireworks 7/4/19
While our city was having their parade, I hit the bike trail for a less crowded ride. It was a great plan except I didn't finish before the parade let out. There was a point about 16 miles into my 21.5 mile ride that the trail was quite crowded with people toting lawn chairs, wagons, dogs (side note: why would anyone bring a dog to a crowded event where there are going to be loud sirens?), etc.) Thankfully they dispersed quickly and uneventfully.

I waited until the evening to get my daily plank, pushups, and situps done. Had a little more trouble than usual getting then done as my belly was still plenty full from the family cookout.

it was a great day,

J White
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Independence Day Fireworks 7/4/19 Rss Feed