Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2019-10-14 9:35 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Syria
Originally posted by Left Brain

Nah, I don't want to hear about responsibility in foreign affairs by my country, yours, or anyone else's.....because that's a giant mass of BULLCHIT.

Each nation acts based on it's own self interest.....period.  The fact is we have no more interest in Syria, and losing interest in general in the Middle East.  Oil was the driving force, until we were attacked, and then it was to try and ensure that we weren't attacked again....that's all.

You and Spiderman can pontificate all you want about a Nation's responsibility.....but then you have to explain 1.5-2 million Cambodians killed by the Khmer Rouge from '75-'79, or 500,000 - 1 millions Rwandan's killed during a genocide there in 1994.  The world stood and watched.....your country, my country, EVERY country.....responsibility my arse.  The fact is, nobody cared because nobody had a monetary stake.

BTW - both of those atrocities happened under a Democrat President in the U.S. so spare me the gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands, by Liberals, over President Trump pulling our troops out of Syria.  That's just more disingenuous crap by the Left.

Again, if it bothers you so much, petition Trudeau to send some of your kids over there. 

you'e just grumpy cause the habs kicked your blues a$$es.

2019-10-14 9:48 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro

Originally posted by marcag

Nah, I don't want to hear about responsibility in foreign affairs by my country, yours, or anyone else's.....because that's a giant mass of BULLCHIT.

Each nation acts based on it's own self interest.....period.  The fact is we have no more interest in Syria, and losing interest in general in the Middle East.  Oil was the driving force, until we were attacked, and then it was to try and ensure that we weren't attacked again....that's all.

You and Spiderman can pontificate all you want about a Nation's responsibility.....but then you have to explain 1.5-2 million Cambodians killed by the Khmer Rouge from '75-'79, or 500,000 - 1 millions Rwandan's killed during a genocide there in 1994.  The world stood and watched.....your country, my country, EVERY country.....responsibility my arse.  The fact is, nobody cared because nobody had a monetary stake.

BTW - both of those atrocities happened under a Democrat President in the U.S. so spare me the gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands, by Liberals, over President Trump pulling our troops out of Syria.  That's just more disingenuous crap by the Left.

Again, if it bothers you so much, petition Trudeau to send some of your kids over there. 

Well, there is THAT, yeah.

2019-10-14 9:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Well, there is THAT, yeah.

I better get off your lawn before you annihilate me :-)

If you want to see a great movie on Rwanda, the role of Canada and the failure of the UN, watch "Shake hands with the devil". Very good movie!!
2019-10-14 10:42 AM

User image

Pro

I've seen it.  I know a couple of church Pastors who have been to Rwanda a couple times each....spent a day fishing with one of them listening to his stories of what he saw there.  It's horrific.....and maybe even more horrific that the world just watched it happen.  It's not like it lasted years and years.....nearly a million people where killed in a 3 month period.  Not to mention the rape and plunder that came with it.   Anything that happens in the Middle East pales in comparison.  Where was the outrage?

2019-10-17 9:30 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

The whole Syria debate has actually gotten quite ridiculous.  The Kurds, a fractured group with no state of their own, were our allies against ISIS.  Turkey, our NATO ally, decides to go to war with the Kurds.....big shock there, since they've been enemies forever.  Our war with ISIS is over.  Now we are supposed to fight Turkey with the Kurds? (you do know we actually have a U.S. airbase in Turkey, right?) I  guess all of the NATO proponents forgot that we aren't supposed to fight each other.  Or maybe President Trump should have let our troops repel the Turkish invasion and put up with the incessant whining from the Left (who can't seem to decide whether they like wars or not) that we are fighting our NATO allies.....you know, because NATO is SOOOO important in today's landscape.   (/SARC

Hell, even President Obama was smart enough not to get involved in that bullchit......remember his "red line"?  BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, let's disparage our President for getting our troops out of the way and not sending them back into that fiasco.  Oh, wait, I forgot, it doesn't have anything to do with the fiasco.....the left will even support that crap war if it means they come down on the other side of President Trump.

I applaud President Trump.....bring them ALL home. 

Edited by Left Brain 2019-10-17 9:30 AM
2019-10-17 9:36 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The whole Syria debate has actually gotten quite ridiculous.  The Kurds, a fractured group with no state of their own, were our allies against ISIS.  Turkey, our NATO ally, decides to go to war with the Kurds.....big shock there, since they've been enemies forever.  Our war with ISIS is over.  Now we are supposed to fight Turkey with the Kurds? (you do know we actually have a U.S. airbase in Turkey, right?) I  guess all of the NATO proponents forgot that we aren't supposed to fight each other.  Or maybe President Trump should have let our troops repel the Turkish invasion and put up with the incessant whining from the Left (who can't seem to decide whether they like wars or not) that we are fighting our NATO allies.....you know, because NATO is SOOOO important in today's landscape.   (/SARC

Hell, even President Obama was smart enough not to get involved in that bullchit......remember his "red line"?  BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, let's disparage our President for getting our troops out of the way and not sending them back into that fiasco.  Oh, wait, I forgot, it doesn't have anything to do with the fiasco.....the left will even support that crap war if it means they come down on the other side of President Trump.

I applaud President Trump.....bring them ALL home. 

Preach it.  If Democrats want troops to be there, then they have the power to declare war against Turkey (or Syria) and we'll send them back. 

2019-10-17 10:23 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
bring them ALL home. 

or send them to Saudi Arabia :-)

Edited by marcag 2019-10-17 10:24 AM
2019-10-17 10:50 AM

User image

Pro

Complicated, isn't it?

You don't want us to completely abandon our NATO ally do you???  LMAOOOO

We will always have a presence in the Middle East, because, Israel.....but we don't need to get involved in wars that never end, and we don't need to be involved in regime change or nation building.

Edited by Left Brain 2019-10-17 10:52 AM
2019-10-17 11:14 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Complicated, isn't it?

We will always have a presence in the Middle East, because, Israel.....but we don't need to get involved in wars that never end, and we don't need to be involved in regime change or nation building.

And now their is speculation NATO could have to help defend Turkey against Syria. What a mess!
2019-10-17 11:22 AM

User image

Pro

Complicated, isn't it?

And now their is speculation NATO could have to help defend Turkey against Syria. What a mess!

Yeah.......all the more reason for the U.S. to NOT act unilaterally...because all we become then is the nation to point a finger at....and our sons and daughters fight and die for nothing. 

And if this is not what NATO is for, then disband it (which I would like to see).  Then again, NATO was never intended as an alliance when one of it's members decides to attack another nation......was it?  Again, NATO has no place in today's landscape.

And, once again, thank you President Trump for having the balls to do what was right, politics be damned.

We already had our Vietnam......Russia can have this one.

2019-10-17 1:15 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Waiting for a ‘good time’ to withdraw from these foreign wars is like waiting for a good time to pull a bad tooth.

2019-10-17 1:23 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Turkey has agreed to a 120 hour cease fire to give the Kurds a chance to fall back.  Now the Kurds must agree.....and if they don't, then they can get bombed to hell I suppose.  If both sides hold up their end of the agreement, the U.S. lifts sanctions.  If they don't agree Turkey's economy gets tanked.

Once again, no NATO needed. 

2019-10-17 1:28 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Turkey has agreed to a 120 hour cease fire to give the Kurds a chance to fall back.  Now the Kurds must agree.....and if they don't, then they can get bombed to hell I suppose.  If both sides hold up their end of the agreement, the U.S. lifts sanctions.  If they don't agree Turkey's economy gets tanked.

Trumps haters love to talk about how reckless his foreign policy methods are, but they sure are effective.  Do this or I'm going to kick your donkey is quite effective. 

2019-10-17 1:41 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

Trumps haters love to talk about how reckless his foreign policy methods are, but they sure are effective.  Do this or I'm going to kick your donkey is quite effective. 

I don't know how anyone could even care what the Democrats think.  The President needs to keep doing what he was elected to do.  If the Democrats don't like it then they need to either get with the program or win an election......everything else they try, to get rid of a duly elected President, is a dismal failure, and they have done NOTHING in the way of governing.

2020 will be a landslide.

2019-10-17 9:53 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I don't know how anyone could even care what the Democrats think.  The President needs to keep doing what he was elected to do.  If the Democrats don't like it then they need to either get with the program or win an election......everything else they try, to get rid of a duly elected President, is a dismal failure, and they have done NOTHING in the way of governing.

2020 will be a landslide.

I concur

2019-10-18 10:14 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

2019-10-18 12:01 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Based on the 30k people that go to Trump rallies and the $25m his campaign took in last month Trump figured he has the political capital to take the heat on Syria. Seems like the only people who want us to stay in Syria are inside the beltway folks. I for one am tired of fighting other people’s wars.

“Terrible think to kill a man; you take all he has and all he is ever gonna have”. (Not the exact quote but bonus points if you can name the movie)
2019-10-18 2:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Trumps haters love to talk about how reckless his foreign policy methods are, but they sure are effective. 

I'm curious to know what you consider his foreign policy wins.

2019-10-18 3:33 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Trumps haters love to talk about how reckless his foreign policy methods are, but they sure are effective. 

I’ll take a stab:

Pulling out of Paris accord
Moving US Embassy
Killing the Iran deal
Pulling out of TPP
Actually talking face to face with NK
Brokering illegal immigration deal with Mexico
Getting NATO to pay more of their fair share
Dealing with he US/China trade imbalance
Trying to get Russia back in the G8 (it’s business not personal)
Getting us out of Syria (partially)
Reducing forces by half in Afghanistan
Calling out Germany/Russian gas deal
Brokering USMCA trade deal
Sanctions on Iran
Maintaining diplomatic ties with Saudi

As a Trump supporter I support 100% of these. Others may disagree but that is why we have elections.

Not kowtowing to any foreign leader.

Trump understands POWER and knows we have it and is not afraid to use it. And by power I mean economic and military.

This is why Trump got elected and why he will will reelection in a landslide.

I wish he could do it without all the petty BS tweets but it seems to work for him. The economy and the remaking of the judiciary alone will guarantee him a second term. The rest is noise.
2019-10-18 3:45 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio

I’ll take a stab: Pulling out of Paris accord Moving US Embassy Killing the Iran deal Pulling out of TPP Actually talking face to face with NK Brokering illegal immigration deal with Mexico Getting NATO to pay more of their fair share Dealing with he US/China trade imbalance Trying to get Russia back in the G8 (it’s business not personal) Getting us out of Syria (partially) Reducing forces by half in Afghanistan Calling out Germany/Russian gas deal Brokering USMCA trade deal Sanctions on Iran Maintaining diplomatic ties with Saudi As a Trump supporter I support 100% of these. Others may disagree but that is why we have elections. Not kowtowing to any foreign leader. Trump understands POWER and knows we have it and is not afraid to use it. And by power I mean economic and military. This is why Trump got elected and why he will will reelection in a landslide. I wish he could do it without all the petty BS tweets but it seems to work for him. The economy and the remaking of the judiciary alone will guarantee him a second term. The rest is noise.

Pretty good summary.  The best way I would sum up his foreign policy is that he is forcing our allies and foes to respect the US again.  For decades (republicans and democrats) we've been the laughing stock of the world and everyone has taken our lunch money.
This is no longer the case.  We have a real leader who is calling out all the BS. 

Simply forcing other UN countries to pay the dues they're supposed to be paying is downright laughable because he should have never had to in the first place.  However, with his goofy style he has leveraged everyone in their respective ways to make things happen.  Everybody isn't up to snuff yet, but they're getting there. 
In the past we've had globalist shills who have enriched themselves through foreign governments at the expense of the US taxpayers and our sovereignty.  That will never happen under Trump. 

2019-10-20 3:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I’ll take a stab: Pulling out of Paris accord Moving US Embassy Killing the Iran deal Pulling out of TPP Actually talking face to face with NK Brokering illegal immigration deal with Mexico Getting NATO to pay more of their fair share Dealing with he US/China trade imbalance Trying to get Russia back in the G8 (it’s business not personal) Getting us out of Syria (partially) Reducing forces by half in Afghanistan Calling out Germany/Russian gas deal Brokering USMCA trade deal Sanctions on Iran Maintaining diplomatic ties with Saudi As a Trump supporter I support 100% of these. Others may disagree but that is why we have elections. Not kowtowing to any foreign leader. Trump understands POWER and knows we have it and is not afraid to use it. And by power I mean economic and military. This is why Trump got elected and why he will will reelection in a landslide. I wish he could do it without all the petty BS tweets but it seems to work for him. The economy and the remaking of the judiciary alone will guarantee him a second term. The rest is noise.

Pretty good summary.  The best way I would sum up his foreign policy is that he is forcing our allies and foes to respect the US again.  For decades (republicans and democrats) we've been the laughing stock of the world and everyone has taken our lunch money.
This is no longer the case.  We have a real leader who is calling out all the BS. 

Simply forcing other UN countries to pay the dues they're supposed to be paying is downright laughable because he should have never had to in the first place.  However, with his goofy style he has leveraged everyone in their respective ways to make things happen.  Everybody isn't up to snuff yet, but they're getting there. 
In the past we've had globalist shills who have enriched themselves through foreign governments at the expense of the US taxpayers and our sovereignty.  That will never happen under Trump. 

thanks to both of you

I bet if we took that list, sat down over beers with unbiased data we'd come to a report card we could agree with. Key would be unbiased info which is REALLY hard to get. The facts about these various items have been seriously twisted

To the comment that your allies respect you more, I'm not sure I agree. I think the citizens (not the leaders) of your allies always had a ton of respect for the US. I'm not sure that respect has gone up. Not that you should care.

2019-10-21 8:58 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

thanks to both of you I bet if we took that list, sat down over beers with unbiased data we'd come to a report card we could agree with. Key would be unbiased info which is REALLY hard to get. The facts about these various items have been seriously twisted To the comment that your allies respect you more, I'm not sure I agree. I think the citizens (not the leaders) of your allies always had a ton of respect for the US. I'm not sure that respect has gone up. Not that you should care.

agree on sitting down and also agree that it's really hard to get unbiased information. 

As for the respect part, I think it's a bit about how we define respect.  Many people think of Trump as a goofball and don't really respect him as a person, but then there's the respect based on standing firm on principles.  Meaning if a country (Ally or otherwise) tries to push the US around Trump doesn't hesitate to yank their aid and or hit them where it hurts.
If we use Obama for example he was widely "respected" as a person because he was well spoken and liked to tell everyone what they wanted to hear.  However, behind the scenes he was a big marshmallow and world leaders pushed him around like a bullied kid.  He would cave at anything and everything and had no backbone.

2019-10-21 12:48 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

thanks to both of you I bet if we took that list, sat down over beers with unbiased data we'd come to a report card we could agree with. Key would be unbiased info which is REALLY hard to get. The facts about these various items have been seriously twisted To the comment that your allies respect you more, I'm not sure I agree. I think the citizens (not the leaders) of your allies always had a ton of respect for the US. I'm not sure that respect has gone up. Not that you should care.

agree on sitting down and also agree that it's really hard to get unbiased information. 

As for the respect part, I think it's a bit about how we define respect.  Many people think of Trump as a goofball and don't really respect him as a person, but then there's the respect based on standing firm on principles.  Meaning if a country (Ally or otherwise) tries to push the US around Trump doesn't hesitate to yank their aid and or hit them where it hurts.
If we use Obama for example he was widely "respected" as a person because he was well spoken and liked to tell everyone what they wanted to hear.  However, behind the scenes he was a big marshmallow and world leaders pushed him around like a bullied kid.  He would cave at anything and everything and had no backbone.

Obama had Red Line in Syria!

From what I gather, our troops were basically a human shield standing in between two Armies. Turkey called Trump and said “we are going after the Kurds to secure our border. Trump was right no to sacrifice or soldiers and/or end up with us having to fight one of our NATO allies.
2019-10-21 12:50 PM

User image

Pro

It doesn't matter if President Trump was right or wrong.  The Democrats want power....they will do and say anything to get it.

2019-10-21 1:06 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Obama had Red Line in Syria! From what I gather, our troops were basically a human shield standing in between two Armies. Turkey called Trump and said “we are going after the Kurds to secure our border. Trump was right no to sacrifice or soldiers and/or end up with us having to fight one of our NATO allies.

Good example.  Obama had set the red line, but nobody respected it because nobody respected him.  They disregarded the red line and it led to the slaughter of countless people.  Trump bailed out of Syria, but he was very clear that there would be consequences if anybody got out of line.  Turkey tested him and they got smacked pretty hard and backed off immediately.  For now, it appears that things are much improved there and we're no longer there.  This was a result of them respecting Trump's threats. 

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Syria Rss Feed  

of 2