General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie to BT Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-10-12 7:05 PM

Subject: Newbie to BT
I want to ask if it is allowed to use a snorkel in a race. It’s been almost a year since I have had two disc’s in my neck ruptured.
I come from the Dark Side as a presenter said to me a couple of years ago after a Duathlon race.
I did train 5 years ago for Tri but has to stop as chlorine and I don’t get along.
But due to my neck injury’s there have been complications causing frozen shoulder, just putting a t-shirt on can be painful. My stubbornness won’t let this take me down.
I was riding a fat bike during last winter while wearing a cervical collar, not too smart!.
I still got fat sitting around for 8 months while the drugs controlling the nerve slowly destroyed my life. I got smart and found natural alternative natural supplements that helped.
I am really would like to get back to racing after having two very good years in a row.
Sorry for the long post.
Oh, I did return to the pool and found it very helpful in fighting off the adhesive capalitis. I am certain I could easily do a Tri, but have limited neck movement.

2019-10-14 2:16 PM
in reply to: Shreck1978

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Newbie to BT

Welcome! 

The general answer is "No" but write to the race director of the race and ask for an exemption.  If your medical case is compelling, you'll likely get the exemption and the official documentation of such in case you're questioned about it.  

Keep in mind, swimming in open water isn't like following the black line at the bottom of the pool...You'll still need to lift your head enough to stay on course.  

2019-11-05 8:25 AM
in reply to: McFuzz

Subject: RE: Newbie to BT
Hi, I am also new in this forum hope this will be entertained with knowledge and will have some new friend
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie to BT Rss Feed