Other Resources The Political Joe » Judiciary Hearings Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-12-04 10:38 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Judiciary Hearings
I have to question the Dems strategy of have 3 libs and 1 consecutive testifying. The optics play right into the reps claims of unfair proceedings. Then the Dems council asked “Was this in impeachable offense?” To only the 3 liberals and skips the conservative. They are obviously not looking for truth or facts. They have already decided to impeach and this dog and pony show is simply meant to sway public opinion.

2019-12-04 12:25 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
Subject: RE: Judiciary Hearings
Not too surprising. I suspect the media will ignore the disparities.
2019-12-04 2:25 PM
in reply to: nickster

User image

Pro
Who cares what the Dems do?
2019-12-08 9:40 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio I have to question the Dems strategy of have 3 libs and 1 consecutive testifying. The optics play right into the reps claims of unfair proceedings. Then the Dems council asked “Was this in impeachable offense?” To only the 3 liberals and skips the conservative. They are obviously not looking for truth or facts. They have already decided to impeach and this dog and pony show is simply meant to sway public opinion.

I'm starting to think they've painted themselves into a corner.  They are absolutely screwed if they vote to impeach because the Senate trial will be fair and allow the Republicans to call witnesses exposing corruption by the Democrats (during an election year). 
They are equally screwed if they don't vote for it because they've been pushing it as a slam dunk for months.  

As for me, I'm truly enjoying the side show before the main attraction.  The IG report comes out tomorrow and will likely be the start to an incredible parade of corruption and abuse of power investigations of Democrats (all during an election year).  

/grabsPopcorn

2019-12-09 8:30 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Rogillio I have to question the Dems strategy of have 3 libs and 1 consecutive testifying. The optics play right into the reps claims of unfair proceedings. Then the Dems council asked “Was this in impeachable offense?” To only the 3 liberals and skips the conservative. They are obviously not looking for truth or facts. They have already decided to impeach and this dog and pony show is simply meant to sway public opinion.

I'm starting to think they've painted themselves into a corner.  They are absolutely screwed if they vote to impeach because the Senate trial will be fair and allow the Republicans to call witnesses exposing corruption by the Democrats (during an election year). 
They are equally screwed if they don't vote for it because they've been pushing it as a slam dunk for months.  

As for me, I'm truly enjoying the side show before the main attraction.  The IG report comes out tomorrow and will likely be the start to an incredible parade of corruption and abuse of power investigations of Democrats (all during an election year).  

/grabsPopcorn

The Senate has the opportunity to be fair but also has the opportunity for Republicans to be equally unfair.  I give the odds of "fair" at about 1:3 (i.e. 25% chance of "fair") but there's a 100% chance it will be announced as "unfair."  

2019-12-09 9:26 AM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by McFuzz

Originally posted by tuwood

/grabsPopcorn

The Senate has the opportunity to be fair but also has the opportunity for Republicans to be equally unfair.  I give the odds of "fair" at about 1:3 (i.e. 25% chance of "fair") but there's a 100% chance it will be announced as "unfair."  

I should define what I mean by fair.  In the house, they have not allowed the Republicans to call the witnesses they want and have repeatedly shut down any exculpatory evidence that exonerates the President.  They've basically given a one side trial, because they know there's no factual evidence of a crime.

In the Senate the Republicans will be able to call any and all witnesses they wish as well as introduce exculpatory evidence.  The Democrats have already called every witness they wanted, so there's no reason to not let them to call them in the Senate, if they wish. 

I was just listening to testimony on my drive into work this morning and it's almost comical what they're trying to impeach him for. 

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Judiciary Hearings Rss Feed