General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newb's newb here Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-12-15 6:57 PM

User image

Subject: Newb's newb here
I wanted to drop in and say hi. My name is Scot and I hail from Arkansas. I plan on competing in the Ozark Valley Triathlon in June in Fayetteville. A little about me. I am a construction worker so I am not completely out of shape, but I am not really in shape either. By way of description I am 5'10" and weigh around 200-205. I have gained about 50 lbs since graduating 35 years ago. I am two months off a smoking habit though I have not been a life long smoker.

I have been on the bike in years past and have even done some pretty lengthy rides. I can run just never have. Swimming....oh boy. I'm the guy mom and dad told me to swing my arms, kick my feet, don't drown. LOL. My plan is to get back on the bike and run. Once I get back into decent shape then I will go to the local gym and take swim lessons.

Guess that's it for now.

2019-12-15 8:30 PM
in reply to: #5264716

User image

Subject: RE: Newb's newb here
Hey Scot! Welcome to the club. Congrats on kicking the smoking habit. Sounds like you have a goal race picked out, so how you get to pick out a plan to get you there. Which distance are your shooting for? Looks like they offer a sprint and international distance race.

Good luck on the training. I’m an adult onset swimmer as well, it’s definitely a challenge. Having a good place to swim and a good teacher will go a long way.
2019-12-16 5:45 AM
in reply to: Parkland

User image

I'll be doing the sprint distance. No reason to kill myself trying for a longer distance. Lol. There is also a duoathlon in Tulsa I'm looking at. Thanks for the encouragement.
2019-12-17 2:52 AM
in reply to: scoty

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by scoty I wanted to drop in and say hi. My name is Scot and I hail from Arkansas.

Hey Scoty,

WELCOME to Beginner Triathlete!

Just wanted to say I replied to your post in the Gray Guys/Gals Mentor group.  Didn't see the need to double up on the posts.

2019-12-17 11:03 AM

User image

Laramie, Wyoming

Welcome Scoty!! I am in a similar boat to you, in that I'm using multi-sport to provide a goal to get into shape. I hope to hear more about your progress here! 

Tom

2019-12-30 9:59 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

The Manatees would be happy to have you join our mentor group this year. While we love our current Manatees, we'd also like to grow the group a bit.  New members and prior Manatees are welcome to join us at https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newb's newb here Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Newb Training with low VO2max

Started by JoeRobichaux
Views: 752 Posts: 4

2019-12-11 1:07 PM riles32807