General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pre workout fuel? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-12-22 8:28 PM

Subject: Pre workout fuel?
Hey guys was wondering what some of you guys and girls use for pre workout supplements to help get you up and going ready to train. Also wondering of any natural ideas to help get you feeling a little amped up and ready to put in a good training session. Lots of options on the market but wanted to get some solid feedback. You guys have already been there done that and always give solid advise. I'll be training over the next 20 weeks for first 70.3. Again don't want to over think it just curious if several suggest the same food or supplements.

2019-12-23 12:57 AM
in reply to: #5264846

Subject: RE: Pre workout fuel?
You cant beat a double sausage & egg mcmuffin meal ...that'll put some lead in your pencil
2019-12-23 12:59 AM
in reply to: #5264847

But training in a fasted state in the early hours I find the best way once used to it
2019-12-23 7:51 AM
in reply to: Jeff Maule

User image

1 banana and 1 cup of coffee totally gets the job done. If It's an extra hard VO2 session might add a 2nd cup of coffee. It also helps take care of morning ritual so there is no need for a bathroom break in the middle. Let your bodies natural hormones do the amping, It will respond better on race day.
2019-12-23 8:14 PM
in reply to: #5264848

Thanks Jnuger that's just the kind of answer I'd expect to get on this site. I'm a tea drinker but maybe ill try a 1\2 cup coffee to help get up and going.
2019-12-24 12:07 PM
in reply to: 0

Because of health issues my naturopath has me sworn off coffee and I'm generally drinking only non-caf tea. I hate it. I have been intermittent fasting for about a month now and I find that the cup of coffee that I sneak about every 10 days or so really helps knock down the hunger pangs. Plus the buzzy energy you get from caffeine can really be felt when you don't do it every day. I miss my coffee!

Edited by HaydenHunter 2019-12-24 12:07 PM

2019-12-26 12:36 PM
in reply to: Gevaux rjg

User image

DC
Originally posted by Gevaux rjg

But training in a fasted state in the early hours I find the best way once used to it

Concur. My bike-work commute is just over 21 miles (so 42 + round trip) on a rolling hill course. I need to leave early so I don't have time to eat in the morning as I rather sleep. Couple cups of black coffee, lots of water, and Gatorade on the road. Not ideal for everyone, but ideal if you can stomach it. (Afternoon... anything 2 hours before leaving work.)

The "science" is all over the place. But I got 10+ year old Sunday pants that still fit me perfectly.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pre workout fuel? Rss Feed