Other Resources 2020 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 34

2020-02-16 7:50 PM
in reply to: abake

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Subject: RE: Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED
In my case I'm not really feeling all that sick, but this particular cold is like really bad allergies--literally, if I run or ride, my eyes and nose will be streaming so much I couldn't see where I was going! And it seems gross to be getting all that into a pool! I did have a sore throat at the outset, so no doubt some kind of bug, but we already have flowers coming up here and lots of flowering trees--wondering if maybe there is an allergy as well as a viral component to this particular episode.

Hope my pod-mates are feeling better soon!

2020-02-17 1:16 AM
in reply to: leatherneckpa

Subject: RE: Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED
There were some recent posts about training calendars in this thread. I looked at a few folks' calendars here on BT, and what I noticed was that it only lists what you've already completed. I am curious what folks have/use for calendars, if anything, for what you are going to do tomorrow, next week, next month? I think it's probably too soon for me to develop a real "training plan" of sorts. If I created a calendared plan, it would likely say "do a different discipline than yesterday, and go at least as long and as hard as you did it last time, plus a little more, and don't die." That would sort of sum up what I am currently doing.

It was an interesting swim today. As a kid I swam all the time, and played a few seasons of water polo. I was teaching my daughter today how to tread water and what I noticed is hard how she works to do it. I am trying to teach her the "eggbeater" method I used in water polo, which is almost effortless for me. I could do it for an hour without breaking a sweat I think. In the process of teaching her, I kept trying to tell her how much energy she was using to do what she was doing, and help her change it up. But then as I swam laps, I was trying to use the Total Immersion type freestyle stroke, because similarly, it teaches how effortless it is. Yet, I found myself using more energy trying to get the stroke right than just swimming like I do. But I also can't for the life of me break 2:30/100 over any distance. I found my treading lesson ironic given that I simply could not use less energy on my laps.
New Thread
Other Resources 2020 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 34