BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 127

2020-10-14 7:34 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by amd723

Speaking of deals -- Kevin said that he needed some arm warmers. I started price hunting and found https://cambriabike.com/; where they had buy 2 get 1 free Pearl Izumi arm warmers four pair of Pearl Izumi arm warmers for $37 including shipping.  They arrived today.

Great find!

I know that some Manatees train with local groups (Randee, I'm looking at you!) and I thought that a group order might work out.

Thanks! I'll check it out

2020-10-14 8:32 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Getting back to the prime day deals , I see there are some massage guns at a good price point. Has anyone used one? Do you like it? Thinking of getting one as a xmas present for one or two people, but don't want to get them quackery!

2020-10-14 8:45 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

Getting back to the prime day deals , I see there are some massage guns at a good price point. Has anyone used one? Do you like it? Thinking of getting one as a xmas present for one or two people, but don't want to get them quackery!

My training partner and I share custody of one. I am way more willing to use it than a foam roller. Still need a lacrosse ball or the like for some parts, but I am glad to have spent the money.
2020-10-14 8:48 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by IronOx

My training partner and I share custody of one. I am way more willing to use it than a foam roller. Still need a lacrosse ball or the like for some parts, but I am glad to have spent the money.

Thanks!

2020-10-14 8:48 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I have one. I like it. Surprisingly, I like it on my feet!  Weird, I know. I have an Oasis model that a local coach recommended.  I found the $110 price point to be attractive.  I don't know if it's better/worse than the Hypervolt of Theragun.

https://www.oasistherapyshop.com/products/fascia-massage-gun

2020-10-14 9:08 AM

User image

Master

I have one. I like it. Surprisingly, I like it on my feet!  Weird, I know. I have an Oasis model that a local coach recommended.  I found the $110 price point to be attractive.  I don't know if it's better/worse than the Hypervolt of Theragun.

Not weird, I like it on my feet also!

2020-10-14 12:19 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Well, I found the OPOVE M3 and got a $45 coupon! So, better (reviewed) gun and better deal than Prime Days!

2020-10-14 9:12 PM

User image

Expert

Well, I found the OPOVE M3 and got a $45 coupon! So, better (reviewed) gun and better deal than Prime Days!

Michelle has one and loves it. I like it. I prefer the unit my daughter bought me the send a small current of electricity through the sore spot, like a tens unit, or as one of the kids termed it electro shock therapy.
2020-10-15 11:04 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Pennsylvania

Dang it!  I've been very busy with work all week and haven't popped in until today. I see I've missed a bunch of Prime deals I would've been very interested in.  Well, maybe there will be good Black Friday deals.

2020-10-15 11:12 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

At the end of last week I ordered a new chair for my home office and it arrived Saturday.  Wow, has it made a world of difference!  I should've bought one months ago.  When work-from-home first began in March, I began suffering from bad back pain from my home office chair.  A few months later it finally cleared up but still lingered in a lesser degree, hence the decision enough is enough.  The new chair is technically a gamer chair (but given they sit for hours and hours on end, I thought it would be a good choice) and is absolutely wonderful!  It has lumbar support, adjustable height, adjustable arms, adjustable tilt, and a better sitting surface.  Happy back!

2020-10-15 11:15 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

At the end of last week I ordered a new chair for my home office and it arrived Saturday.  Wow, has it made a world of difference!  I should've bought one months ago.  When work-from-home first began in March, I began suffering from bad back pain from my home office chair.  A few months later it finally cleared up but still lingered in a lesser degree, hence the decision enough is enough.  The new chair is technically a gamer chair (but given they sit for hours and hours on end, I thought it would be a good choice) and is absolutely wonderful!  It has lumbar support, adjustable height, adjustable arms, adjustable tilt, and a better sitting surface.  Happy back!

Yay! Glad you found a comfy chair!

2020-10-15 11:19 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Were you looking for a massage gun? If so, after a bit of research on them I found 2 very highly rated ones not part of Prime Days that had $50 and $45 off .  Here's the link to one of them, just in case.  

2020-10-15 12:22 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

That's awesome. I could use a new chair but I can't bring myself to buy one without trying it first. Which one did you get?

Speaking of buying, I kept checking the price of the 1030 during the day yesterday and it dropped twice again during the day - so I jumped on it. YEAH $300 off

Edited by mtnbikerchk 2020-10-15 1:12 PM
2020-10-15 12:55 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Glad to hear that the upgrade has worked out!

2020-10-15 3:55 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Were you looking for a massage gun? If so, after a bit of research on them I found 2 very highly rated ones not part of Prime Days that had $50 and $45 off .  Here's the link to one of them, just in case.  

Did you purchase this one or know someone who has?

2020-10-15 3:57 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

That's awesome. I could use a new chair but I can't bring myself to buy one without trying it first. Which one did you get? Speaking of buying, I kept checking the price of the 1030 during the day yesterday and it dropped twice again during the day - so I jumped on it. YEAH $300 off

GTRacing 

Nice job watching the price of the 1030 until it hit the level you wanted!

Edited by melbo55 2020-10-15 3:59 PM

2020-10-15 6:37 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Did you purchase this one or know someone who has?

I bought 2 (different makes), 1 as a gift and one for me. Bought one of those and an OPOVE. Now i have to decide which to keep!

2020-10-16 10:42 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Oh HAI!

I see most of the usual suspects (suspicious ones? ha) are still here and some bright 'n' shiny new additions

I've missed those of you not on FB

{MELON PRESSES} to all

2020-10-16 10:51 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Oh HAI!

I see most of the usual suspects (suspicious ones? ha) are still here and some bright 'n' shiny new additions

{MELON PRESSES} to all

Howdy Yanti! Long time no see!

2020-10-16 10:52 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I don't know how many of you check each other's training blogs but I wanted for those of you who do not do that too often to be able to congratulate Lisa on HER NEW HOUSE!

Congratulations, Lisa!

2020-10-16 10:53 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Holiday Talk

In her training blog, Lisa asked how people are planning to navigate the holidays. What are you doing?

2020-10-16 12:00 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Oh HAI!

{MELON PRESSES} to all

Howdy Yanti! Long time no see!

Hello!

2020-10-16 12:01 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Holiday Talk

In her training blog, Lisa asked how people are planning to navigate the holidays. What are you doing?

I have no idea!

2020-10-16 12:06 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Holiday Talk

I have no idea!

Kevin and I have been discussing this but we have not discussed the holidays with my family.

First off, my parents are local (well, 20-25 minutes away) and my brother is living in the area for the time being as well so we are talking about a max of six adults who live within 30 minutes of each other. Right now, my proposal for Thanksgiving is "let's get together for an hour for dessert." That way we can see each other but in a limited time frame. We are also looking at an air filtration something but I'm not sure how that will play out.

2020-10-16 1:04 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Holiday Talk

Well...I usually have my last race in late September then take all of October off from training and as the holidays arrive I am starting my 4-month winter maintenance and pre-season training.  This year I thought I would be smarter and keep training until the Veterans Day 15K so that I start my one month off from training the week of the USA Thanksgiving so I can be off all through the busy holiday season starting my winter maintenance plan once I am on Christmas Vacation.  :-)

The truth is that I am just planning 1-3 days out right now.  I am winding down for the year and need to make goals for next year.  I should probably sign up for my first trail run in February.  I should probably swim more, bike more, and run more. That would about cover it.  As long as i am having fun and enjoying what I am doing I think I am on the right track.  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 127