BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 127

2020-02-18 2:25 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by jmkizer

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

How are you approaching Grunter's Grand Fondo. Are you going to do all three back to back? Right now, I am thinking of two on Sunday and one somewhere else within the completion window.

Stoopid Grunter!

I'm ignoring Sunday Did you do the cyphering to figure out when the window closes? 

The Sunday assignment is to be completed between 5am Saturday and 7am Monday if I am reading the chart correctly.

That's the way i read the chart too, so i may push things around so as not to be on the trainer 3 hrs in one go! Plus a little green bike is being assembled as i type and i'm betting i will have it outside Sunday, so that will no doubt affect my Tour.

Wait! I thought that you test drove CARS yesterday! Tell us about the Green Bike!

Found it in your log "since i should have my gravel bike this week and will probably want to take it out Sunday. "  How did I miss that?!

LOL, I did test drive cars and assume later this year I will be making that double-edged sword purchase, but yep bought the gravel bike about  10 days ago. I had to wait for store delivery and now it's being assembled. With the store only opened 11-6 weekdays it may be impossible for me to pick it up before Saturday though  

You know full well that we need more details than that!

taken of the inter webs

Ah! The Cervelo Aspero that you were talking about! Nice!

2020-02-18 2:37 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

How are you approaching Grunter's Grand Fondo. Are you going to do all three back to back? Right now, I am thinking of two on Sunday and one somewhere else within the completion window.

Stoopid Grunter!

I'm ignoring Sunday Did you do the cyphering to figure out when the window closes? 

The Sunday assignment is to be completed between 5am Saturday and 7am Monday if I am reading the chart correctly.

That's the way i read the chart too, so i may push things around so as not to be on the trainer 3 hrs in one go! Plus a little green bike is being assembled as i type and i'm betting i will have it outside Sunday, so that will no doubt affect my Tour.

Wait! I thought that you test drove CARS yesterday! Tell us about the Green Bike!

Found it in your log "since i should have my gravel bike this week and will probably want to take it out Sunday. "  How did I miss that?!

LOL, I did test drive cars and assume later this year I will be making that double-edged sword purchase, but yep bought the gravel bike about  10 days ago. I had to wait for store delivery and now it's being assembled. With the store only opened 11-6 weekdays it may be impossible for me to pick it up before Saturday though  

taken of the inter webs

Thanks! A lot more gravel bike than i have need for right now, but i am hopeful to one day be worthy  

2020-02-18 2:40 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

taken of the inter webs

Thanks! A lot more gravel bike than i have need for right now, but i am hopeful to one day be worthy  

Start planning for a Gravel Manatee Meetup in 2021!

2020-02-18 3:01 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

taken of the inter webs

Start planning for a Gravel Manatee Meetup in 2021!

Congratulations on the new Aspero! A 2021 Gr-anatee meetup sounds like a winner.
2020-02-18 7:41 PM

User image

Expert

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

I am planning on suffering through it and exploding into a giant ball of flames. Then I will spend the rest of the day in the fetal position whimpering until I go to work Monday morning. I think it will be fine.
2020-02-18 9:18 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by JBacarella

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

I am planning on suffering through it and exploding into a giant ball of flames. Then I will spend the rest of the day in the fetal position whimpering until I go to work Monday morning. I think it will be fine.
it will all be fine.

2020-02-19 6:40 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

My current plan is to keep today the same (Violator), and then do the following:

• Thursday: Hell Hath No Fury (1:04) + Ignitor (0:22)
  • Friday: Joyride (0:30) + Tool Shed (1:02) << must check time before starting Tool Shed!!!
  • Saturday: 14 Vice Grips (0:57) + Power Station (0:50)
  • Sunday: Angels (0:56) + Thin Air (1:01)
2020-02-19 7:48 AM

User image

Expert

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

My current plan is to keep today the same (Violator), and then do the following:

• Friday: Joyride (0:30) + Tool Shed (1:02) << must check time before starting Tool Shed!!!

It generally starts at 8:00 am EST the day before.
I will do Hell Hath No Fury today at lunch before I leave for my conference. I may not be home until late tomorrow night and don't want to bunch myself up on Friday.
2020-02-19 9:13 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Mike and Chris - you two definitely chose well in the spouse department!  Congrats on new goodies headed your way.

Ann-Marie - new car and new bike?  Awesome stuff!!

So, Janyne, when will you make the final decision on a gravel bike?

Meanwhile, I'm thinking I need to find a side hustle to fund a gravel bike, the bike envy is real!

2020-02-19 10:07 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

It generally starts at 8:00 am EST the day before. I will do Hell Hath No Fury today at lunch before I leave for my conference. I may not be home until late tomorrow night and don't want to bunch myself up on Friday.

In theory, I could double up on the rides Thursday and Friday like Janyne, but I am also trying to walk the line of getting enough from these bike workouts to help me improve and keeping to my normal run (and swim) workouts. Saturday is a longish run, so I will need to decide whether a Friday post-work bike makes sense. Typing that I realize i could do both rides in the morning ...or I can sleep and extra 30 minutes. Decision, decisions!

ETA: It'll be fine.

Edited by amd723 2020-02-19 10:13 AM
2020-02-19 10:12 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

Mike and Chris - you two definitely chose well in the spouse department!  Congrats on new goodies headed your way.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking I need to find a side hustle to fund a gravel bike, the bike envy is real!

Bike envy is how I ended up buying the Aspero!  Though, I really needed a new road bike (it's 10 years old and one of the chain stays is bent pretty badly) and kind of wanted (not needed) a new tri bike, while also wanting to start doing gravel rides I talked myself into the concept that the Aspero is really 2 bikes so totally worth the $$!  A new tri bike will have to wait another couple of years though.  

2020-02-19 10:17 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by melbo55

I'm getting a new bike whenever my leg issue seems to be resolved.  I don't want to buy a new bike and have it sit in the garage :-(  I'm getting a road bike, not a gravel specific bike. At this time, I plan to use my Cx bike in Loudoun.

2020-02-19 10:41 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

It generally starts at 8:00 am EST the day before. I will do Hell Hath No Fury today at lunch before I leave for my conference. I may not be home until late tomorrow night and don't want to bunch myself up on Friday.

In theory, I could double up on the rides Thursday and Friday like Janyne, but I am also trying to walk the line of getting enough from these bike workouts to help me improve and keeping to my normal run (and swim) workouts. Saturday is a longish run, so I will need to decide whether a Friday post-work bike makes sense. Typing that I realize i could do both rides in the morning ...or I can sleep and extra 30 minutes. Decision, decisions!

I guess it's a good thing that I am barely running :-(

2020-02-19 12:02 PM

My planned bike ride for last night got a little off track. We got so much snow yesterday, when I drove home last night and pulled up the driveway, my wife's car pulled down into a ditch on side of drive. Stuck. Got my truck and tried pulling out, and eventually ended up with truck stuck as well. By 10:30 p.m. we finally had everything out. I feel like that should still count towards JoGo though, even if the kids did a lot of the work. :-)
2020-02-19 12:06 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alaskatri My planned bike ride for last night got a little off track. We got so much snow yesterday, when I drove home last night and pulled up the driveway, my wife's car pulled down into a ditch on side of drive. Stuck. Got my truck and tried pulling out, and eventually ended up with truck stuck as well. By 10:30 p.m. we finally had everything out. I feel like that should still count towards JoGo though, even if the kids did a lot of the work. :-)

That counts as a JoGo day 100%!

2020-02-19 9:36 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Originally posted by IronOx

Well, my tight chest and high heart rate are not due to my weight gain and being out of shape.  My ferritin level is 5 . Explains quite a number of other symptoms I am having too.

I was low a few years back too, but caught it at 10. Hoping I can get it back up to a reasonable level quickly! Re-started my iron supplement again last night. Kicking myself because I have been feeling 'not quite right' for a little while but didn't get in to see the doc.

Monday is a holiday on for us--Family day.  Planning on something fun with SO and puppies!  Have a great Sunday everyone.

Did your hgb drop much? My wife dropped to 5 a couple years back after we did Disney. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

2020-02-19 9:50 PM

User image

Master

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

taken of the inter webs

Very nice, congrats!

2020-02-19 9:50 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by alaskatri My planned bike ride for last night got a little off track. We got so much snow yesterday, when I drove home last night and pulled up the driveway, my wife's car pulled down into a ditch on side of drive. Stuck. Got my truck and tried pulling out, and eventually ended up with truck stuck as well. By 10:30 p.m. we finally had everything out. I feel like that should still count towards JoGo though, even if the kids did a lot of the work. :-)

That counts as a JoGo day 100%!

OMG, I agree 100%!

2020-02-19 9:52 PM

User image

Master

Fellow Sufferlandrians,

Stoopid Grunter!

I guess it's a good thing that I am barely running :-(

Y'all are way tougher than me!

2020-02-19 9:57 PM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Master

Originally posted by nrpoulin

Well, my tight chest and high heart rate are not due to my weight gain and being out of shape.  My ferritin level is 5 . Explains quite a number of other symptoms I am having too.

I was low a few years back too, but caught it at 10. Hoping I can get it back up to a reasonable level quickly! Re-started my iron supplement again last night. Kicking myself because I have been feeling 'not quite right' for a little while but didn't get in to see the doc.

Monday is a holiday on for us--Family day.  Planning on something fun with SO and puppies!  Have a great Sunday everyone.

Did your hgb drop much? My wife dropped to 5 a couple years back after we did Disney. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

Hgb still within normal range, albeit the low end. That's how I discovered I was low last time, went to donate blood and was told hgb was low and i should see my doc. Interesting how our bodies compensate....until they can't.  It is 7:55pm, I slept in til 8am this morning and did one 90 min trainer ride (nothing epic) and I am fighting sleep....

2020-02-20 8:18 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Hgb still within normal range, albeit the low end. That's how I discovered I was low last time, went to donate blood and was told hgb was low and i should see my doc. Interesting how our bodies compensate....until they can't.  It is 7:55pm, I slept in til 8am this morning and did one 90 min trainer ride (nothing epic) and I am fighting sleep....

Oh my! Glad that you caught it and can do something about it. Though it does take a while. 

But also thanks for the reminder. I have been meaning to get some bloodwork as i do seem to drop on B12 when i am in the thick of training (has happened 2 in the last 5 years) and it can be hard to differentiate just general life fatigue from other things going on. And i do feel better this week but i don't mean i shouldn't have it checked! 

2020-02-20 8:30 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

So sorry you are going through this, but i'm glad it is something that can be fixed. The body is an amazingly complicated machine!

2020-02-20 8:32 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I picked up my gravel bike yesterday -yay me! But now i need to put a couple of water bottle cages and bento box on it. So, question for the pod (especially the gravel riding group) do you have a favorite doesn't launch the bottle cage? Bonus points if it doesn't cost a lot! What about bento box, what do you use? TIA.

2020-02-20 8:40 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I picked up my gravel bike yesterday -yay me! But now i need to put a couple of water bottle cages and bento box on it. So, question for the pod (especially the gravel riding group) do you have a favorite doesn't launch the bottle cage? Bonus points if it doesn't cost a lot! What about bento box, what do you use? TIA.

You could also use your hydration vest. Just saying.

2020-02-20 9:00 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

You could also use your hydration vest. Just saying.

I could and i may short term, but i really dislike wearing them as it is soooo humid here that anything extra on my body makes things even yuckier!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Roar into the 20s! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 127