Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Fitness Syncer now active for BT users! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2020-01-13 2:42 PM
in reply to: Matt

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Subject: RE: Fitness Syncer now active for BT users!

That has been fixed. The cause was sports data being uploaded as S/B/R summary data. 

Validation has been added on input endpoints to prevent this from occurring again. And if it does manage to occur, like if I missed a spot, unrecognizable events will at least be converted to 'swim' entries that don't cause the UI to totally break.

I know Eric was working on sports and strength, and also incorporating user's time zones (Which probably explains the extra 5 hours if you're in eastern), so if you've notified them about this issue, there's a chance this has already been fixed or at least a fix is in progress. If I hear more, I'll pass along the details.

2020-01-13 2:43 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Matt

That has been fixed. The cause was sports data being uploaded as S/B/R summary data. 

Validation has been added on input endpoints to prevent this from occurring again. And if it does manage to occur, like if I missed a spot, unrecognizable events will at least be converted to 'swim' entries that don't cause the UI to totally break.

I know Eric was working on sports and strength, and also incorporating user's time zones (Which probably explains the extra 5 hours if you're in eastern), so if you've notified them about this issue, there's a chance this has already been fixed or at least a fix is in progress. If I hear more, I'll pass along the details.

Thank you!

2020-01-14 6:12 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

The Good News

• Zwift rides and outdoor runs are both importing from FitnessSyncer

The Bad News

• Evening workouts import on the wrong day. I believe that work is being done to correct this.
  • Strength imports as Swim.  This is not acceptable. At BEST, it causes the end user to delete the swim and add a strength set.  At worst, if the end user does not notice, it messed up the monthly/yearly stats. Obviously I don't understand the intracacies but Strength workout do come in from Garmin Sync and I understand that FitnessSyncer sends a FIT file.  Anyway, Strength is not Swim and should not be treated as such.
2020-01-14 9:37 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

I didn't describe the previous resolution quite correctly. Incoming invalid SBR data is coerced into swim data by input validation, and any existing bad data will also be converted to swim data.

As of this morning, we will now reject invalid incoming SBR data rather than convert it to swim. If more come through as swim, let us know. We have not removed any existing bad data, other than the specific dates you reported earlier.

2020-01-14 11:30 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I didn't describe the previous resolution quite correctly. Incoming invalid SBR data is coerced into swim data by input validation, and any existing bad data will also be converted to swim data.

As of this morning, we will now reject invalid incoming SBR data rather than convert it to swim. If more come through as swim, let us know. We have not removed any existing bad data, other than the specific dates you reported earlier.

Thank you for the clarification!

2020-01-15 6:23 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

FitnessSyncer is no longer importing data for me.  I noticed the problem last night and reported it to Eric.  I also wanted to report it to you.  The error on the FitnessSyncer side is

An unknown error has occurred (Wednesday, January 15, 2020 05:56 AM)

2020-01-15 6:30 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jmkizer

FitnessSyncer is no longer importing data for me.  I noticed the problem last night and reported it to Eric.  I also wanted to report it to you.  The error on the FitnessSyncer side is

An unknown error has occurred (Wednesday, January 15, 2020 05:56 AM)

This continues to be a problem:

The last synchronization of this task had an error:

An unknown error has occurred (Wednesday, January 15, 2020 07:28 PM)

2020-01-15 7:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Has Fitness Syncer said anything about the issue?

2020-01-15 7:34 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Has Fitness Syncer said anything about the issue?

No, I have not heard back from Eric.

2020-01-15 10:06 PM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Thanks, Janyne, for continuing to be a beta tester for us.
We really want this to work well for everyone.

Matt and I are on an open ticket/email with Fitness Syncer, but some of these items can't be resolved on our end. We'll keep communicating. Please keep communicating with us.
2020-01-16 6:25 AM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Well something changed and kicked out a lot of stuff!

This morning's Zwift ride came up. 

A whole lotta yoga stuff that I didn't actually do today also came in.

The timestamp of the Zwift ride is correct.

(Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.24.01 AM.png)

Attachments
----------------
Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.24.01 AM.png (110KB - 9 downloads)

2020-01-17 5:00 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yesterday's bike came over perfectly (Zwift)

Yesterday's strength came over great as well, in my opinion. It came over as part of Sport which is fine with me but some might disagree.

Today's run came over twice but otherwise OK.

2020-01-20 2:09 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by cdban66

I use a Giant NeosTrack which sync's with Strava, which sync's thruogh Fitness Syncer to BT. This is only the second ride since setting up the sync, so I am still figuring things out. What I have noticed in those two times is that the sync wil not happen seamlessly. Fitness Syncer shows that it has sychronized, but nothing shows at BT.  I need to log into Fitness Syncer and click the sync button in order for the synchronization to happen. 

I also need to figure out "moving time" vs "elapsed time" at some point, as it is sending "elapsed time" and I would prefer "moving time". I haven't inquired with FS on that yet, I'm going to finalize syncing before moving on to the next isue.

Thanks for making this happen,

Chris

I had the same non-sync happen today. I uploaded this morning and when I checked BT this afternoon, it wasn't here. When I checked FitnessSyncer, it says it had sync'd. When I re-sync'd, it showed up nearly instantaneously.

Also, moving time, not elapsed. No biggie on that, but I figured I mention it. I should have some outside rides this week, so pease let me know if you need me to do anything.

2020-01-21 7:51 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

FitnessSyncer January 21 Update

• Zwift rides are coming in perfectly (Zwift > Garmin > FitnessSyncer > BT) - not using watch to record
  • Yoga is coming in perfectly (The Sufferfest > Garmin > FitnessSyncer > BT) - not using watch to record
  • Strength is coming in fine. Sometimes I seem to get duplicates?  Also, it's coming into Sport, which I don't view as a big deal - recorded on Garmin watch
  • Run's are coming in but seem to be duplicated. - recorded on Garmin watch.

I've been in touch with Eric at FitnessSyncer about the duplicates.

2020-01-21 7:54 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I use a Giant NeosTrack which sync's with Strava, which sync's thruogh Fitness Syncer to BT. This is only the second ride since setting up the sync, so I am still figuring things out. What I have noticed in those two times is that the sync wil not happen seamlessly. Fitness Syncer shows that it has sychronized, but nothing shows at BT.  I need to log into Fitness Syncer and click the sync button in order for the synchronization to happen. 

I also need to figure out "moving time" vs "elapsed time" at some point, as it is sending "elapsed time" and I would prefer "moving time". I haven't inquired with FS on that yet, I'm going to finalize syncing before moving on to the next isue.

Chris

I had the same non-sync happen today. I uploaded this morning and when I checked BT this afternoon, it wasn't here. When I checked FitnessSyncer, it says it had sync'd. When I re-sync'd, it showed up nearly instantaneously.

Also, moving time, not elapsed. No biggie on that, but I figured I mention it. I should have some outside rides this week, so pease let me know if you need me to do anything.

Chris, what head unit/watch are you using? Just curious.

I'd actually say that importing elapsed time rather than moving time is a big deal.  No one wants their time spent at stop lights recorded. Ugh.

I've also noticed that the data imports (from Zwift, The Sufferfest, Garmin) almost instantly but gets hung up on the BT sync. For whatever reason, that connection seems to take longer.

2020-01-21 8:26 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Chris

I'd actually say that importing elapsed time rather than moving time is a big deal.  No one wants their time spent at stop lights recorded. Ugh.

I've also noticed that the data imports (from Zwift, The Sufferfest, Garmin) almost instantly but gets hung up on the BT sync. For whatever reason, that connection seems to take longer.

I am using a Giant NEOSTrack. I think that Fitness Syncer is most valuable to folks like me, folks that don't have a Garmin/Garmin Connect environment, but instead use something outside of that realm.

2020-01-21 8:28 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Chris

I am using a Giant NEOSTrack. I think that Fitness Syncer is most valuable to folks like me, folks that don't have a Garmin/Garmin Connect environment, but instead use something outside of that realm.

Yes! I agree 100%!

So are you going NEOSTrack > Strava > FitnessSyncer?

2020-01-21 9:22 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Chris

Yes! I agree 100%!

So are you going NEOSTrack > Strava > FitnessSyncer?

yes. I kinda wonder how Polar or Suunto users are doing things like this. There are probably more options, as NEOSTrack is a Giant device and I have to guess it is less popular. I would think that a company agnostic API would be a huge boom to the creator, or at least the development of standards or guidelines. I understand that there are inevitable proprietary pieces, but hanging the framework on something like that should be easier than reinventing the wheel each and every time.

Just my 2 cents, which is probably only worth half that.

2020-01-21 7:23 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I rode this evening, got home, uploaded and took a quick look at Fitness Syncer and it hasn't run since this morning. I am going to wait until tomorrow and see if it uploads. If not, I'll hit up FS tech support.

2020-01-22 6:54 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I rode this evening, got home, uploaded and took a quick look at Fitness Syncer and it hasn't run since this morning. I am going to wait until tomorrow and see if it uploads. If not, I'll hit up FS tech support.

My ride came in this morning, at 6:22 AM according to the last sync time on Fitness Syncer. It shows Elapsed time.

2020-01-22 6:57 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

My ride came in this morning, at 6:22 AM according to the last sync time on Fitness Syncer. It shows Elapsed time.

Well, good that it came in. Not good that it's elapsed time, and not moving time.  I wonder why it took so long?

My Zwift ride was imported to BT by the time I got out of the shower this morning.

2020-01-22 9:00 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Well, good that it came in. Not good that it's elapsed time, and not moving time.  I wonder why it took so long?

My Zwift ride was imported to BT by the time I got out of the shower this morning.

Maybe it has something to do with the Strava app vs an activity that is imported into Strava. I don't think that makes a difference though, so I will test that tonight if possible. How are you getting items into BT, straight out of the originating application or through a couple of steps like me?

2020-01-22 9:12 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Maybe it has something to do with the Strava app vs an activity that is imported into Strava. I don't think that makes a difference though, so I will test that tonight if possible. How are you getting items into BT, straight out of the originating application or through a couple of steps like me?

Multistep. 

Zwift > Garmin > FitnessSyncer > BT

The Sufferfest > Garmin > FitnessSyncer > BT

Apparently when Garmin has something new, FirnessSyncer gets notified and picks it up?  If I understood Eric correctly, that is.

I was just telling Robin, once the Garmin stuff seems to be stable, I'll change to turn that off and use Strava to further test that pathway.

2020-01-24 7:12 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Today's wonky Fitness Syncer story of the day - I walked yesterday at 6:56 PM, tracking that with the Strava phone app. It arrived in BT this morning as being done this morning. Fitness Syncer shows that the activity synced this morning at 6:21 AM, so it appears that the "Walking" activity type imports with the import date/time, not the activity date/time.

2020-01-24 7:53 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Today's wonky Fitness Syncer story of the day - I walked yesterday at 6:56 PM, tracking that with the Strava phone app. It arrived in BT this morning as being done this morning. Fitness Syncer shows that the activity synced this morning at 6:21 AM, so it appears that the "Walking" activity type imports with the import date/time, not the activity date/time.

That's really odd! Both my Zwift rides (recorded by Zwift) and my runs (recorded by Garmin) are listing the correct start times. 

I really couldn't say about the times of my yoga and strength workouts since the Sport activity type does not seem to support /display the activity start time.

Did your walk import the elapsed time or the moving time (or was this a signal light free walk where they were the same)?

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Fitness Syncer now active for BT users! Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

ZWIFT to Garmin to BT

Started by mambos
Views: 1337 Posts: 8

2019-05-14 4:42 PM TheClaaaw