Other Resources The Political Joe » Vote by mail Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2020-03-31 2:46 PM

User image

, Arizona
Subject: Vote by mail
Looks like this has been an opportune time to attempt to push country wide voting by mail. Our state has done this for a while now, it has made voting so incredibly convenient as it should be.

Trump had some interesting things to say regarding the bill -
"The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you ever agreed to, you would never have a Republican elected in this country again"

So long as you have legitimate people voting, isn't this desirable?

2020-04-01 7:26 AM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Vote by mail
Would be impossible to regulate.
2020-04-01 6:37 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

, Arizona
Originally posted by Rogillio

How so? Plenty of states already allow people to opt in to mailed ballots, why would the rest be any different?
2020-04-01 7:20 PM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Synon

How so? Plenty of states already allow people to opt in to mailed ballots, why would the rest be any different?

Difference is magnitude. Thousands of mail in votes vs tens of millions. I believe some states don’t use the mailed in votes unless the margin of victory is less than the number of mailed in ballots. Which makes sense. The ideas at the country could gear up to open and record 120 Million ballots by November with assurances against voter fraud is absurd. There would be no voter ID check at all. So if I know 100 people who never vote, I could vote for them. Even if 20 of those 100 also voted then you have to figure out which of the duplicate votes is real. A total CF nightmare.

In my state you show ID to get ballot. The ballot number is recoded by my name and you sign for it. Then you mark the ballot and feed it to a machine that reads the vote. If there is any question about the ballot there is a record of who submitted the ballot. All of this would be lost with mail in ballots.
2020-04-01 8:01 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

, Arizona

Originally posted by Synon

Difference is magnitude. Thousands of mail in votes vs tens of millions. I believe some states don’t use the mailed in votes unless the margin of victory is less than the number of mailed in ballots. Which makes sense. The ideas at the country could gear up to open and record 120 Million ballots by November with assurances against voter fraud is absurd. There would be no voter ID check at all. So if I know 100 people who never vote, I could vote for them. Even if 20 of those 100 also voted then you have to figure out which of the duplicate votes is real. A total CF nightmare.

In my state you show ID to get ballot. The ballot number is recoded by my name and you sign for it. Then you mark the ballot and feed it to a machine that reads the vote. If there is any question about the ballot there is a record of who submitted the ballot. All of this would be lost with mail in ballots.

It's already tens of millions??? According to the Election assistance commission -
"The total number of voters who voted early, absentee or by mail more than doubled from 24.9 million in 2004 to 57.2 million in 2016, representing an increase from one in five of all ballots cast to two in five of all ballots cast."

I think the concerns about voter fraud are vastly overblown, again we aren't at the point of just a few thousand ballots, large states are already doing this. I can't imagine someone crazy enough to pull a stunt like that, and even if they did steal the mail of all those people and get away with it it's unlikely enough to shift an election. If there is a question about the ballot they contact you directly. It would just be a matter of expanding what states who have already done this successfully have already done.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Vote by mail Rss Feed