General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 04.18.2020 + 04.19.2020 WEEKEND VIBES Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2020-04-19 9:28 AM

User image

, Pennsylvania
Subject: 04.18.2020 + 04.19.2020 WEEKEND VIBES
Whut is up,

Saturday - 1:15 on the trainer. Produced an awesome sweatfest in the basement...hahahaha The rest of the day was filled with all types of 10-15 year old debauchery (3 boys, not aged whiskey). Madden '13, Forza Speed, Trampolining, Pizza. Rinse, Wash, Repeat!

Sunday - 8 mile run. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Miles 1-6.9 were top of the world, mile 7 was confusing and very hard, mile 8 recovered fine with fastest mile in the run. Who knows. Next up was a hot tub and chill with the Mrs. Cold pizza recovery fuel and let's go.

Be Safe out there!

2020-04-20 9:13 AM
in reply to: PigeonTri

User image

Cypress, Texas
Subject: RE: 04.18.2020 + 04.19.2020 WEEKEND VIBES

I did my first Virtual Group Ride on Saturday.  The Kiwami NA Race Team set up the ride on Rouvy since they currently have a 14-day free trial.  They have an AR App that shows live running footage of the street for the full course.  The tech support told me that they won't have that app set up for ANT+ on iOS devises until later in the summer so I had to use their older app called the work out app that just showed a birds-eye view map of the entire course with a dot for each rider on the map.  The team also set up a zoom call which I participated in and it was pretty fun to talked to see them faces during the ride.  We were doing a half Ironman course in Germany (not a course or town I have ever heard of before or can remember now).  At about 2-1/2 hours into the ride, I started to get the low battery warnings on my iPhone.  When we got down to 10km left on the ride and they were four of use jockeying each other on the final push to the finish I hoped that my phone would hold on long enough to make it to the finish.  It didn't though.  So with less than 10km to go on the 56-mile ride my dot on the map dropped out and the ride results listed me as a DNF.  So I got my first virtual ride and first DNF on Saturday.  I am going the reason for the DNF a bike technical.  :-) It was nice to do something different and to spend time with a few of my virtual team mates.  :-)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 04.18.2020 + 04.19.2020 WEEKEND VIBES Rss Feed