Other Resources The Political Joe » Equal Pay Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2020-05-12 7:34 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Equal Pay
Good analysis of the woman’s soccer pay vs men’s pay.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/12/womens-soccer-pay-lawsuit-teach...

When this started I assume the pay gap was based on revenue generated. Turns out there is no pay gap. It’s all about risk vs reward.

Averaging all pay for all occupations does show a gap but that is because male dominated jobs pay more. You don’t see many women roughnecks working on oil rigs. I was an engineer for 30+ years and I’d say there are at least 10x as many male engineers than female.

2020-05-12 12:53 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Equal Pay

My experience in commercial aeronautic manufacturing (the engineering side) for over 30 years has been that women at the same level (1) get paid MORE and (2) get promoted more often. The contrary circumstances to this are (a) if you're a b!+ch or a-hole, women suffer more for it than men, and (b) similar to (a), if you carp about a pay gap, it becomes a self-satisfying prophesy.

2020-05-12 4:32 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Equal Pay
Originally posted by briderdt

My experience in commercial aeronautic manufacturing (the engineering side) for over 30 years has been that women at the same level (1) get paid MORE and (2) get promoted more often. The contrary circumstances to this are (a) if you're a b!+ch or a-hole, women suffer more for it than men, and (b) similar to (a), if you carp about a pay gap, it becomes a self-satisfying prophesy.

I was an engineering manager at Boeing for 7 years. Each years raises were allocated (by me) based on performance. My allocations then went to corporate who may or may not adjust my allocations based on minority demographics. I assure you, there is no gender or racial pay gap at Boeing. Corporate makes sure of that. This is regardless of performance/capability.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Equal Pay Rss Feed