Other Resources The Political Joe » Handshaking Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2020-05-25 5:40 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Handshaking
This weekend I went on a trail ride with 20 or so other Jeeps. I just joined this Jeep FB group and we met in a parking lot. As people arrived, being new to the croup, I introduced myself. The first two guys offered a hand shake and I countered with a fist bump. After they chuckled and fist bumped I felt stupid offering a fist bump. The next half dozen or so people I met all offered handshakes and I obliged and shook hands. If someone wants to fist bump I will certainly fist but but I will never again initiate the bump.

Society IS getting back to normal. There were forty or fifty people in this group of people and there were zero masks and I witnessed no “social distancing”’at any of the stops we made. Maybe people who like to mud hogging are not representative of the country at large?

2020-05-25 6:23 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Handshaking
Originally posted by Rogillio

This weekend I went on a trail ride with 20 or so other Jeeps. I just joined this Jeep FB group and we met in a parking lot. As people arrived, being new to the croup, I introduced myself. The first two guys offered a hand shake and I countered with a fist bump. After they chuckled and fist bumped I felt stupid offering a fist bump. The next half dozen or so people I met all offered handshakes and I obliged and shook hands. If someone wants to fist bump I will certainly fist but but I will never again initiate the bump.

Society IS getting back to normal. There were forty or fifty people in this group of people and there were zero masks and I witnessed no “social distancing”’at any of the stops we made. Maybe people who like to mud hogging are not representative of the country at large?

I have not owned anything but a Jeep since 1997. I am probably on my 10th. All hard/soft tops, all 2 door. Bro-in-law works for Chrysler so I get them heavily discounted. My best was a fully loaded Rubicon. I still have to put the winch on my current Sahara.

For the handshake, why not fist bump ? Hey, it may help solved the common flu problem which of course everyone knows is as bad as Covid (ya, right). Handshaking is just a silly habit we have taken. When not tap feet ? It's as silly.

2020-05-25 7:29 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by marcag

Originally posted by Rogillio

I have not owned anything but a Jeep since 1997. I am probably on my 10th. All hard/soft tops, all 2 door. Bro-in-law works for Chrysler so I get them heavily discounted. My best was a fully loaded Rubicon. I still have to put the winch on my current Sahara.

For the handshake, why not fist bump ? Hey, it may help solved the common flu problem which of course everyone knows is as bad as Covid (ya, right). Handshaking is just a silly habit we have taken. When not tap feet ? It's as silly.

I bought a ‘93 POS Wrangler YJ for $3k. Had to replace tranny and other repairs. Have about $6k in it and it’s still worth about $3k. Had a lot of fun on the trail ride and thinking about getting something newer/nicer.

Personally I like handshakes. You can learn a lot about a person by the way they shake hands. I despise a wet-noodle hand shake. Also don’t need a bone-crusher. But both are telling. Also, different handshakes from women are telling.
2020-05-25 8:06 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

My twins both drive jeeps.  One has a 2012, the other a 2015.  Both 2-doors, have hard and soft tops.  It was a promise I made them years ago if they got straight A's in high school.  I've never been sorry, the stories they have about where they've been in them are priceless.

We shake hands....always will.  Like Rog,  I was raised to shake a man's hand and look him in the eye when meeting them....and yes, I believe it is a decent measure on first impression.   Of course, later in my life women began to shake hands more and more as well, and the measure is the same. 

I'm not fist bumping anyone.....and they are free to measure me by it.

The ONLY thing I hope comes out of this deal is that people stop coming to work sick.  I've never understood it.

Edited by Left Brain 2020-05-25 8:11 AM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Handshaking Rss Feed