of 2

2020-07-30 7:01 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Covid-19 Testing
Originally posted by marcag

Are you guys nervous at all about the rising numbers ? I'm talking deaths, not cases.

Last night a friend said "how can they not be worried about this". So I figured I'd ask

If you’re scared, just say you’re scared. I refuse to live in fear.

Here is my state:

Attachments
----------------
F7F48997-0998-4781-A2AF-6764DAEC9193.jpeg (110KB - 22 downloads)

2020-07-30 7:35 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Shark attack in the news. Does that make you fearful of swimming in the ocean? For most people it does not. Why? Because the chance of getting eaten by a shark is extremely low. The same could be said about driving a car...or a bicycle.
2020-07-30 7:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Rogillio

Are you guys nervous at all about the rising numbers ? I'm talking deaths, not cases.

Last night a friend said "how can they not be worried about this". So I figured I'd ask

Here is my state:

I have little fear of catching it. I have less of dying from it.

I do have concerns about what it will continue to do to the economy and well being of others, directly and indirectly. I am willing to take measures to minimize it, even if I don't think I will catch or die from it.

It's not about fear.
2020-07-30 7:53 AM

User image

Pro
Exactly WHAT is the virus doing to the economy? That's all man made.....and complete BS. And no, I don't have any fear of it. We protect grandma as best we can, but even that is not to the point of quarantine.....because the quarantine of people who are not sick is the dumbest chit ever.
2020-07-30 8:21 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
What is hurting the economy is not covid, it is the irrational fear of Covid.
2020-07-30 8:37 AM

User image

Pro
Originally posted by marcagAre you guys nervous at all about the rising numbers ? I'm talking deaths, not cases.Last night a friend said "how can they not be worried about this". So I figured I'd ask
Honestly, marcag, tell your friend that everybody down here has lost their minds in this election year.....there is NO way to believe any numbers related to this virus. The best thing you can do if you have a brain is to go on with your life and ignore whatever you hear from anybody who is a politician, or has any ties to a politician, or has even uttered the name of a politician.......because they don't give a rats arse about anything but how to skew and use nunbers to get the masses on their side. I'm not playing that game.

2020-07-30 10:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Left Brain

Exactly WHAT is the virus doing to the economy? That's all man made.....and complete BS. And no, I don't have any fear of it. We protect grandma as best we can, but even that is not to the point of quarantine.....because the quarantine of people who are not sick is the dumbest chit ever.

Agreed it's man made. But man's methods to control the spread has an impact on the economy.
The need to control the spread is man's decision. This is political, hands down.
The politics have killed many many more people than was required. Anything over 50-100 deaths in the US per day is for all the wrong reasons.

Most here are willing to suffer minor inconveniences (wearing a mask when appropriate) to not get into a situation where we have to shut down more.

I am currently way up North. There has been 0 cases up here. There were 0 during the peak. Yet every store (all 3 of them), people wear masks, no complaints. Yet there are 0 cases. When the city slickers come and don't wear a mask, they get told. "We don't want that $hit here, put on the mask". People comply and everyone is happy.
2020-07-30 3:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Here is my state:

So Trump tweets maybe you should delay the elections ?

Sounds like he is scared of both Covid and the results :-)
2020-07-30 4:27 PM

User image

Pro
Trump is trolling liberals who want mail in ballots. There is no doubt it has the potential of major fraud. You knowcwhat doesn't? Get an ID to show who you are register to vote and vote in person. Simple.
2020-07-30 5:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Left Brain

Trump is trolling liberals who want mail in ballots. There is no doubt it has the potential of major fraud. You knowcwhat doesn't? Get an ID to show who you are register to vote and vote in person. Simple.

If social distancing needs are real, which I believe they are, couldn't they vote over say 4 days ?

It's quite amazing that we can do million dollar transactions over the internet but we can't vote yet. Not a US issue. It's global.

2020-07-30 5:43 PM

User image

Pro
I would have zero problem with that. I just want a fair election. In person voting is the best way to make it happen. If it takes 4 days, so be it.

2020-07-31 6:34 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Left Brain I would have zero problem with that. I just want a fair election. In person voting is the best way to make it happen. If it takes 4 days, so be it.

Here in Maryland, our governor is proposing in-person balloting with early voting (so basically the polls are open for a week) and an absentee option (absentee requires an active response where you have to request a mail-in ballot vs. mail-in where everyone gets sent one).  Sounds great in theory, but our volunteers (polling judges), many of whom are higher-risk retirees, are reluctant to be put in that position.

There is no good way to do this.

2020-07-31 10:42 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Champion
Alabama
That is actually a good idea IF they prohibit or restrict exit polling. If people think their candidates have already won or lost why bother voting?

Maybe the best way is simply double or triple the number of polling places.
2020-08-04 6:31 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
2020-08-04 11:55 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Bronze member

Wish I lived "up North" as it sounds like people get it. Love this. If people would just stop politicizing a MEDICAL issue and do as asked we could be in a much better place.

Edited by isis 2020-08-04 11:56 AM
2020-08-04 12:40 PM
in reply to: isis

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by isis

Wish I lived "up North" as it sounds like people get it. Love this. If people would just stop politicizing a MEDICAL issue and do as asked we could be in a much better place.

The reason I like the interview is that the interviewer is not a Sean Hannity that lobs easy pitches, nor is he a Jim Acosta that only seeks to set him off.

As far as living up North, I like the joke "Canada must feel like they live in an apartment above a meth lab"

2020-08-04 7:08 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

The reason I like the interview is that the interviewer is not a Sean Hannity that lobs easy pitches, nor is he a Jim Acosta that only seeks to set him off.

As far as living up North, I like the joke "Canada must feel like they live in an apartment above a meth lab"

And yet about 167,300 Canadian residents moved to the U.S. between 2001 and 2006. That's about 33,000 per year. By comparison about 9,000 Americans move to Canada each year. Go figure!
2020-08-04 7:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

And yet about 167,300 Canadian residents moved to the U.S. between 2001 and 2006. That's about 33,000 per year. By comparison about 9,000 Americans move to Canada each year. Go figure!

Dude, have you been here in the winter ?

Of course people go there. I have friends that have moved to the States, South of France, Greece.....nobody moves to Canada...too friggin cold.

I spent my winter down South and I LOVED IT. Best people ever !

But I'll guarantee you one thing: tell people it's a one way ticket with no way to return, that 33k per year goes to near 0.

Edited by marcag 2020-08-04 7:41 PM
2020-08-05 12:54 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Of course people go there. I have friends that have moved to the States, South of France, Greece.....nobody moves to Canada...too friggin cold.

But I'll guarantee you one thing: tell people it's a one way ticket with no way to return, that 33k per year goes to near 0.

That is your opinion. Obviously you can't speak for 33,000 people. The stat I cited said they MOVED not that they visited. Maybe they moved and after a few years when they thaw out and reach room temperature, they will move back to the freezer. ;-)

I have visited Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and some little town north of Niagara fall. I enjoyed all the visits and found people to be quite nice.

2020-08-05 12:57 PM

User image

Pro

The reason I like the interview is that the interviewer is not a Sean Hannity that lobs easy pitches, nor is he a Jim Acosta that only seeks to set him off. As far as living up North, I like the joke "Canada must feel like they live in an apartment above a meth lab"
Dude, have you been here in the winter ? Of course people go there. I have friends that have moved to the States, South of France, Greece.....nobody moves to Canada...too friggin cold. I spent my winter down South and I LOVED IT. Best people ever ! But I'll guarantee you one thing: tell people it's a one way ticket with no way to return, that 33k per year goes to near 0.

Promise? 

2020-08-05 1:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

That is your opinion. Obviously you can't speak for 33,000 people. The stat I cited said they MOVED not that they visited. Maybe they moved and after a few years when they thaw out and reach room temperature, they will move back to the freezer. ;-)

I have visited Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and some little town north of Niagara fall. I enjoyed all the visits and found people to be quite nice.

I know lots of people who moved there. I almost moved myself (Denver).

I would move there if the work conditions were right. Right city, right insurance, right........

But I would never move if I couldn't move back and every Canadian I know that moved there feels the same way. A good friend moved to California and everytime he comes to visit his parents in the winter, he decides to stay another year. Another friend, who made millions at Microsoft had the same problem. He finally made a move and ended up in Vancouver. His argument was it was tolerable weather.

I would consider buying property. We spent some time looking for some. Depends on the direction things go in. But things are looking up.

I bet there is more chance of me buying down there than you buying up here :-)

BTW, the joke about the meth lab was from an American.

2020-08-05 4:45 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I know lots of people who moved there. I almost moved myself (Denver).

I would move there if the work conditions were right. Right city, right insurance, right........

But I would never move if I couldn't move back and every Canadian I know that moved there feels the same way. A good friend moved to California and everytime he comes to visit his parents in the winter, he decides to stay another year. Another friend, who made millions at Microsoft had the same problem. He finally made a move and ended up in Vancouver. His argument was it was tolerable weather.

I would consider buying property. We spent some time looking for some. Depends on the direction things go in. But things are looking up.

I bet there is more chance of me buying down there than you buying up here :-)

BTW, the joke about the meth lab was from an American.

I would love to own some acreage in rural Canada. How much is land out in the boondocks up there?
2020-08-05 5:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I would love to own some acreage in rural Canada. How much is land out in the boondocks up there?

The ice covered parts are really cheap.

Seriously, go a little North and it's pretty cheap. One hour North of the city. On water, 2 acres = $60-75k, go another hour 5 acres = $60k, go another hours 15 acres = $60k....that's the pattern

It's basically how much land do you want, how much do you want to pay and there is a point where you'll find it. It just may be a little North and you may require a snowmobile to get there :-)

I know guys that bought 300 acres for next to nothing to go moose hunting. It's a 5 hour drive

I know guys that have planes that land on lakes (don't know the word in English. French is hydravion).

Lots and lots and lots of lakes.

Remember you only pay 75cents on the dollar.

Edited by marcag 2020-08-05 5:41 PM
2020-09-01 5:08 AM
in reply to: nickster

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
Traveled to Rochester, NY for work yesterday. First thing I had to do was get a covid-19 test. As an "essential worker," I had to take the test but did not have to do the 14 day quarantine. The guy that did the test said I should get the results about when I'm headed home later in the week. Pretty useful.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Covid-19 Testing Rss Feed  

of 2