General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi I'm Gina! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2020-08-03 11:37 AM

Subject: Hi I'm Gina!
Hi, my name is Gina and I have been trying to train and learn more about triathlon for almost a year now.

I was planning on doing the Ironman 70.3 Tempe this Oct, but it looks like that won't happen, but I still continue to train and learn.

I am 39 years old, I turn 40 next week!! I don't have much of an athletic background, but I have done running off and on through the years, which has maybe given me a small base to grow from. I don't have much of a swimming background, but I was a lifeguard when I was younger. I never learned proper swimming technique though.

As far as biking goes, I have done a lot of indoor training on Zwift/Rouvy, but I have a hard time going fast down hills and by fast I mean anything over like 18 mph haha. I have to get outside more and get comfortable with riding. When I ride too fast outside I feel dizzy and scared like I'm going to fall off the bike. That is something that I am trying to work on though. I don't know if I will ever be able to do a triathlon on an actual Tri bike in Aerobars, but I enjoy a regular road bike, which gets the job done.

If anyone has time to analyze my swim, I just had a video recorded today. I can see that I am crossing pretty badly and will need to work on that. If anyone has any advice or critiques, drills etc that you think will help me I would love to hear it!

My current swimming video can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/tFWjfnJ_mnw

Thank you for your help and nice to meet you all!
2020-08-30 7:24 PM
in reply to: ginalclark

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Hi I'm Gina!

Apologize for the delay. Hope you come back around. 

Swim is decent (Former guard Andre instructor here)!
Dood position and rotation.
Couple suggestions around your pull.
Pull is “deep” and elbows lead

bring your hands closer to your torso (think dragging your thumbs against it)
catch and pull with your hands before your elbows (you give up much of your forearm surface leading with your elbows)

2021-05-24 12:55 AM
in reply to: ginalclark

Subject: RE: Hi I'm Gina!
Nice to meet you.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi I'm Gina! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

hi guys

Started by jfmarzano
Views: 537 Posts: 3

2020-06-03 7:19 PM Matt J

Hi There