Other Resources The Political Joe » Biden gaff du jour Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2020-08-06 1:13 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Biden gaff du jour
"And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

Good lord man! Biden causes his handlers to cringe on a daily basis. This guy cracks me up!

2020-08-08 7:56 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Biden gaff du jour
Biden then challenged Barnett, “That’s like saying you, before you got in this program, if you take a test where you’re taking cocaine or not, what do you think? Huh? Are you a junkie?”

This was a few days ago and was Biden’s response to a black reporter who asked him about a cognitive test. Cognitive ability aside, I recently went to work for an aerospace company and had to take a wizz-quiz...presumably to see if I was a junkie. I don’t know about other industries but I suspect a great many companies require drug screening as a condition of employment?
2020-08-10 10:57 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
"...nobody says’ junkie’ anymore when someone suffers from...substance abuse issues"

Read that this morning and had to chuckle.
2020-08-10 1:11 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Rogillio

"...nobody says’ junkie’ anymore when someone suffers from...substance abuse issues"

These are the worst from Biden ?

I guess "Gaff du jour" is better

then

"Lie de l'heure."
2020-08-10 3:52 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by marcag

then

"Lie de l'heure."

This is an American board Marc, you need to post in Americaneese.
2020-08-10 6:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

then

"Lie de l'heure."

you used "du jour" so I thought you guys were "connaisseurs"

2020-08-10 6:52 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran

then

"Lie de l'heure."

you used "du jour" so I thought you guys were "connaisseurs"

this board is 33% Canadian, given LB, you and me are the only people here :-)
You lost all your democratic friends :-)

And LB is here once in a blue moon......

Speaking of Blues, Habs and Blues move into the next round

Edited by marcag 2020-08-10 7:18 PM
2020-08-10 10:39 PM

User image

Pro
I quit hockey when they kneeled....for now I'm donecwith pro sports. It's a damn shame because I love all of them....but I'll take it without politics or I won't take it at all.
2020-08-12 8:30 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Biden email to supporters:

“I’ve decided that Kamala Harris is the best person to help me take this fight to Donald Trump and Mike Pence and then to lead this nation starting in January 2021.”

Hmmm. Interpret as you will.
2020-08-14 6:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

“I’ve decided that Kamala Harris is the best person to help me take this fight to Donald Trump and Mike Pence and then to lead this nation starting in January 2021.”

I know this won't happen but a Harris / Trump debate would be great

Biden / Trump no fun, Trump will win, easy
Pence / Harris no fun, Harris will win, easy

Harris / Trump would be great.
2020-08-15 11:36 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I know this won't happen but a Harris / Trump debate would be great

Biden / Trump no fun, Trump will win, easy
Pence / Harris no fun, Harris will win, easy

Harris / Trump would be great.

It’s funny how the media always claim “no one votes for the VP”.....but they sure are making a big deal over Harris. It’s almost like she is at the top of the ticket.

Frankly I can’t see the debates making much difference at this point. The vast majority of people either hate Trump or love him. People see the state of the country and it’s gonna come down to riots/protests and covid/economy. Green new deal, abortion, international affairs and everything else will not really matter.

I heard something on the news recently that made my point about Biden’s gaffs. Someone noted that because Biden won’t take questions press he won’t be polished/practiced when it comes to the debates. Trump takes questions almost every day from a mostly hostile press.

2020-08-21 4:27 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
“There has never been anything we’ve been able to accomplish when we’ve done it together.”

Ok. I understand he was reading a speech but one would think that would sound odd to him and he’d of corrected himself.

I watched Trump speak for a hour today and he was reading the script to keep himself on track but often went off script with ad libs and was hilarious with his wit. Over the last 4 years Trump has gotten good...ok, better, at not going off script and rambling. IOW, he has learned to use his teleprompter but not be a slave to it and not stay off script for too long. He made a crack about Biden today that was ad lib and had me literally cracking up.
2020-08-22 8:44 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

“There has never been anything we’ve been able to accomplish when we’ve done it together.”

Ok. I understand he was reading a speech but one would think that would sound odd to him and he’d of corrected himself.

I watched Trump speak for a hour today and he was reading the script to keep himself on track but often went off script with ad libs and was hilarious with his wit. Over the last 4 years Trump has gotten good...ok, better, at not going off script and rambling. IOW, he has learned to use his teleprompter but not be a slave to it and not stay off script for too long. He made a crack about Biden today that was ad lib and had me literally cracking up.

Public speaking is much easier when you know you can just make anything up, say whatever lies you want, invent whatever facts trot through your head.

2020-08-23 7:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the family thanksgiving dinner

https://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-sister-maryanne-trump-barry-s...
2020-08-25 9:00 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
https://youtu.be/YGJGI1d96Ns

Laugh or cry.

This is a man that has been a politician for 40 years. One would think he’d be a little more polished.
2020-08-26 7:32 PM

User image

, Arizona
Definitely laughing, nobody cares, they are going to have to do a lot better if they want to swing a voter. Have you revised your estimate that 10% estimate that Trump will lose yet?

2020-08-27 9:48 AM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Synon

Definitely laughing, nobody cares, they are going to have to do a lot better if they want to swing a voter. Have you revised your estimate that 10% estimate that Trump will lose yet?

I’d say 5% chance he loses. The poll trends and the momentum favor Trump. Economy is coming back, unemployment going down, stock markets breaking records, leftist riots going on every day.
2020-08-28 6:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by Synon

I’d say 5% chance he loses. The poll trends and the momentum favor Trump. Economy is coming back, unemployment going down, stock markets breaking records, leftist riots going on every day.

Stock markets and riots....I won't touch those. Both make no sense.

"Economy is coming back, unemployment going down". I think that is a little "glass is half full". Things are getting better but it's slow.
The progression on the economy is a lot like the death rate from Covid. There are signs of it getting better but it's slow and a setback could come at any time.

I found the study that found republicans found the death rate from Covid "Acceptable" whereas dems and indies did not, really really strange.Your association to a political party could skew your view of life and death ? Very interesting. We could speculate about the underlying reasons people feel this way and I suspect it's mostly finding excuses/unjust criticism for the presidents handling.

This thing ain't over. October is going to be interesting

2020-08-28 9:14 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Pelosi stepped on Biden’s d*** yesterday saying Biden shouldn’t debate Trump. She was in the news this morning trying to “clarify” her comments.

Trump has pushed for an earlier debate as many will have voted before the first debate. That may be a red herring though as I would guess people who vote that early have already made up their mind and the debates likely would not change that. The undecided voters (both of them) might use the debates to decide.

RE covid...the number of cases and deaths seem to over the hump. Two possibilities- 1. As the temps cool off and people get colds there could be a second wave. Or 2. The effect of herd immunity will begin to show up and numbers will drop significantly. I guess we just have to wait and see.
2020-08-28 9:37 AM

User image

Pro

Covid came to my family.  One daughter had it, wife likely but didn't get tested.  I never got it.  Meh. 

If there was no TV they would have all said they had summer colds.  I suppose I've been exposed to so much crap over the years that a virus just avoids me.

2020-08-28 2:45 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
RE covid...the number of cases and deaths seem to over the hump. Two possibilities- 1. As the temps cool off and people get colds there could be a second wave. Or 2. The effect of herd immunity will begin to show up and numbers will drop significantly. I guess we just have to wait and see.

I think there will be a seasonal uptick as has been expected for a long time. Schools, back to "normal"...it's inevitable.
Concern here is it will hit with the Flu season and it will be hard to figure what is what.
On the other hand, we have 5 deaths a day, not 1000 like you guys.

Edited by marcag 2020-08-28 2:49 PM

2020-08-29 8:18 AM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by marcag Concern here is it will hit with the Flu season and it will be hard to figure what is what. 

Hasn't  been difficult at all so far.

1) If one has tested positive for C-19 and dies from it, that's a C-19 death.

2) If one has tested positive for C-19 (whether before or after death) and dies, that's a C-19 death. Doesn't matter if it's been from a car accident, gun shot wound, or falling off a cliff, that's a C-19 death.

3) If one has died exhibiting symptoms typically associated with C-19, that's a C-19 death.

Take a look at the numbers for flu and pneumonia deaths this year. They fell off a cliff. Why? They're all being counted as C-19. Why is the average age of death from C-19 the same as the average age of death from all causes?

I'm tired of the panic, and I'm tired of the politicizing of this.

2020-08-29 8:51 AM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by briderdt

Take a look at the numbers for flu and pneumonia deaths this year. They fell off a cliff. Why? They're all being counted as C-19. Why is the average age of death from C-19 the same as the average age of death from all causes?

Here is another explanation of why flu deaths fell off a cliff when Covid started in end of March beginning of April : every year at the end of March beginning of April, flu deaths fall off a cliff.

If you guys were a little less into saying this is just political, lots of people, not millions but certainly thousands wouldn't have died.

2020-08-29 10:15 AM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

, Arizona
Originally posted by briderdt

And yet ironically, here you are, furthering the fake politicized narrative of a countrywide conspiracy that physicians and coroners are lying en masse about cause of death. All the while risking lawsuits and being stripped of their medical license, and for what exactly? Not to mention the medical examiners responsible for reviewing medical records (and also tend to be independent officials who work for counties/cities) to ensure the cause of death was indeed legitimately due to covid are also all in cahoots to spread panic and fear. Creating shameful lies like these result in unnecessary deaths. This is a global event, we aren't some outlier who has it way worse than every other country, though it's bad here BECAUSE of thinking like this.
2020-08-29 10:41 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I think there will be a seasonal uptick as has been expected for a long time. Schools, back to "normal"...it's inevitable.
Concern here is it will hit with the Flu season and it will be hard to figure what is what.
On the other hand, we have 5 deaths a day, not 1000 like you guys.

My guess is we want have much of a flu season due to the number of people wearing masks now. In theory, the masks should also reduce the flu.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Biden gaff du jour Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Biden gets on board Pages: 1 2

Started by Rogillio
Views: 1602 Posts: 42

2020-07-08 5:31 PM Left Brain

Joe Biden

Started by Left Brain
Views: 487 Posts: 5

2020-02-16 9:18 AM Left Brain

Joe Biden takes on "Cornpop" with a chain.....

Started by Left Brain
Views: 307 Posts: 1

2019-09-16 4:34 PM Left Brain

In defense of Joe Biden....

Started by Left Brain
Views: 650 Posts: 10

2019-08-09 5:28 PM CBarnes