Other Resources The Political Joe » Thank you! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2020-11-11 6:50 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: Thank you!
John Stuart Mills said, "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unlessmade and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."I never forget....and I remain grateful to all who served....especially you combat vets, today on Veterans Day, and every other day!Semper Fi!

2020-11-12 6:48 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Thank you!
Originally posted by Left Brain

John Stuart Mills said, "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unlessmade and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."I never forget....and I remain grateful to all who served....especially you combat vets, today on Veterans Day, and every other day!Semper Fi!

I hope we manage to transmit this message to future generations without them having to live through the hell that war is.

2020-11-12 8:07 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro

Not likely.  War has been part of the human condition since the beginning of our time on the planet.  It'll end when we are gone.

2020-11-12 8:27 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Left Brain

Not likely.  War has been part of the human condition since the beginning of our time on the planet.  It'll end when we are gone.

Agree. It will always be.

But our kids need to be taught on why people gave their lives, the horror of war and why we need to do everything to avoid it.

I live 2 miles from Canada's National war museum. I am do for a visit. I'll grab a kid and go :-)

2020-11-12 8:35 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro

We live 3 miles form a large National Cemetery.  My grandfather and father, both war veterans, are buried there.  For 15 years we took our kids there every Memorial Day.  When they were little we played games with them to keep them interested.....like finding the oldest grave, counting the most "unknown" graves, etc.  As they got older we told them about their Great Grandfather and his service in WW2.  They eventually helped with the placing of flags on each grave for the Memorial Day services.  They eventually learned that every grave was part of the price paid for them to live free.

They are adults now, and we don't always agree on politics, but at the end of the day they are fiercely patriotic and willing to protect what was given to them.

You are right.....it's work that we MUST do.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Thank you! Rss Feed