User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by cdban66

Good day, I hope your weekend is going well. How is everyone doing on the JoGo? I think there is one week to go, although I have to admit that time is but a blur at this point. Enjoy the rest of the day, and I hope to see some of you on the Zoom call on Monday.

Thanks for posting this, Chris!

--

Monday the is the monthly Zoom call, if anyone is interested.

---

The last  Monday  of the month at 11:30am eastern (10:30 central, 9:30 mountain, 8:30 pacific).

Monday Meetup: https://bit.ly/RacingManatee

Password: manatee

Good to see you today, Janyne, and even better to know that you are whittling down the bike options

Enjoy the week everyone, Karen I hope that the good outweighs the bad!!!

Thanks for listening to my bike talk!  I did email the shop about the Niner. I have not heard back yet. When I hear back from Matt, I'll see if I can test the Niner and Cervelo back-to-back. The shops are pretty close to each other.

Kevin may go and "check the mail" this weekend and I might take that time see if I can get my eyes on a 3T Exploro and a Salsa Warbird.

Closer and closer to the big decision!

2021-02-23 10:38 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Triathlon Taren just had a very scathing response to IM as well. In any case, I am not giving them any more of my money this year, nor do I plan on getting back any of the $$ I've lost to them. In my case it predates Covid as I lost major $$ pulling out of 3 IM events in 2019 due to injury. On the plus side, I did get my stingy allotment of 8 swim slots booked. I guess that is still better pool access than in a lot of places. Plus in a month or two we will hopefully have a second outdoor facility back on line.
2021-02-24 6:21 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Triathlon Taren just had a very scathing response to IM as well. In any case, I am not giving them any more of my money this year, nor do I plan on getting back any of the $$ I've lost to them. In my case it predates Covid as I lost major $$ pulling out of 3 IM events in 2019 due to injury. On the plus side, I did get my stingy allotment of 8 swim slots booked. I guess that is still better pool access than in a lot of places. Plus in a month or two we will hopefully have a second outdoor facility back on line.

Good news re: pool access!

I'll have to check out that Tri Taren video.

2021-02-25 11:07 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Triathlon Taren just had a very scathing response to IM as well. In any case, I am not giving them any more of my money this year, nor do I plan on getting back any of the $$ I've lost to them. In my case it predates Covid as I lost major $$ pulling out of 3 IM events in 2019 due to injury. On the plus side, I did get my stingy allotment of 8 swim slots booked. I guess that is still better pool access than in a lot of places. Plus in a month or two we will hopefully have a second outdoor facility back on line.

Congrats on getting your pool time!
2021-02-26 5:25 AM
in reply to: Micawber

User image

Expert
Illinois
Originally posted by Micawber

Originally posted by Hot Runner

Congrats on getting your pool time!

I just update the Challenge spreadsheet -- I was in the weight loss challenge and while I didn't gain any weight, I didn't actually lose much either. But it's all good, if nothing else, it made me more aware of what I was munching on.
I don't do triathlons anymore but have been somewhat following the Ironman news and I watched some of the Triathlon Taren video --- this might be the year the small races make a comeback and I hope this happens. I used to help out a local director with graphic needs (flyers, web work, etc). and remember when WTC threatened a lawsuit for the use of the term "iron" in the name of their Olympic event, as well as modifying the colors used on their website. Not saying they were right or wrong to do that, but it altered my perception of the Ironman brand and what it stands for.
2021-02-26 7:14 AM
in reply to: abake

User image

Master
Orlando

I don't know who here has the strava premium account, but I saw a FB post that may interest those who do and may interest those who don't to get the paid version. Hopefully, I can attach the post to this post! Otherwise, you'll just have to guess what I'm talking about

Attachments
----------------
40B58C36-1F12-4926-AE18-FFBC43AC2A81_1_102_o.jpeg (172KB - 10 downloads)

2021-02-26 2:02 PM
in reply to: abake

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Originally posted by abake

...snip...

I just update the Challenge spreadsheet -- I was in the weight loss challenge and while I didn't gain any weight, I didn't actually lose much either. But it's all good, if nothing else, it made me more aware of what I was munching on.
...snip...

I'd never tried a set weight loss goal before so it was a learning experience for me too. I managed to lose a bit but couldn't hit the arbitrary goals made up at the beginning. As you say though, it's all good.
2021-02-26 2:17 PM
in reply to: Micawber

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

RACING MANATEE!!!

Lisa - Publix Atlanta Marathon on Sunday

In addition, Chris is helping his club, SCORR, host Piggy's Revenge.

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

Is there any other race/event news?

2021-02-26 3:11 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

RACING MANATEE!!!

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

WOOOO I'm so excited to cross a starting line!

2021-02-26 8:21 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
What is this thing called a "race"????
2021-02-26 9:58 PM

User image

RACING MANATEE!!!

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

Go Lisa and Chris!

I'm quarantined due to close contact to a person at work who tested positive on the rapid test but negative on the other test. Waiting to see what the test they did today says.

2021-02-27 8:11 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

RACING MANATEE!!!

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

Thanks Janyne, Sunday will be an endurance test indeed. I'll start doing packet pickup at 6:00 am, move to manning the grill, and then cleanup around 3:00 PM. And in amungst that, I also need to do periodic checks and cleaning of the variety of facilities in the park.. We had to present a Covid plan to the county, we've reduced participants, we're encouraging folks to leave immediately upon completion, etc, etc. It has been an interesting year to do the event, without a doubt. And I agree with Anne, smaller events will be more popular, while larger events will struggle with all the protocols and such that need to be implemented. And the way WTC in particular has managed their business model, I am amazed that people are still in that market. I understand the cache of the brand, but the if I treated my customers like they treat theirs, I would expect to be out of business in short order.

Go Lisa!!!

2021-02-27 8:17 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

RACING MANATEE!!!

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

OMG, a race! Go Lisa!!

Good luck with all the stuff you have to do for Piggy's Chris!

2021-02-27 8:17 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by fortissimo

RACING MANATEE!!!

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

Go Lisa and Chris! I'm quarantined due to close contact to a person at work who tested positive on the rapid test but negative on the other test. Waiting to see what the test they did today says.

Oh boy, fingers crossed for another negative test!

2021-02-27 8:24 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

RACING MANATEE!!!

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

Thanks Janyne, Sunday will be an endurance test indeed. I'll start doing packet pickup at 6:00 am, move to manning the grill, and then cleanup around 3:00 PM. And in amungst that, I also need to do periodic checks and cleaning of the variety of facilities in the park.. We had to present a Covid plan to the county, we've reduced participants, we're encouraging folks to leave immediately upon completion, etc, etc. It has been an interesting year to do the event, without a doubt. And I agree with Anne, smaller events will be more popular, while larger events will struggle with all the protocols and such that need to be implemented. And the way WTC in particular has managed their business model, I am amazed that people are still in that market. I understand the cache of the brand, but the if I treated my customers like they treat theirs, I would expect to be out of business in short order.

Go Lisa!!!

I keep hoping Challange brings more races to the US to put some pressure/competition on WTC. WTC is definitely looking out solely for its investors. But, they've been doing that for years and people (guilty!)  keep going back to them. I think it's more than the cache of the brand, they do know how to put on a good event, there is more excitement -for lack of a better term, doing one of their races v one of the small independent races. I guess it's a happening not just a race.  

2021-02-27 9:34 AM

User image

Expert

RACING MANATEE!!!

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

Good Luck Racers! I was wondering when I would get to write that again!

2021-02-27 9:39 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Expert
After 4 tries and a crazy story involving the National Guard, the police, a senator, the emergency management coordinator and the head of the local health department, I was given my first Dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.
Chris this will take an entire chapter of my crazy little town novel, so I will spare the details.
2021-02-27 10:24 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella After 4 tries and a crazy story involving the National Guard, the police, a senator, the emergency management coordinator and the head of the local health department, I was given my first Dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Chris this will take an entire chapter of my crazy little town novel, so I will spare the details.

yay, glad it finally worked out!

2021-02-28 4:31 PM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Originally posted by JBacarella

RACING MANATEE!!!

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

Good Luck Racers! I was wondering when I would get to write that again!

Late to the party but I hope the racers, and races, went well today!
2021-03-01 7:07 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by JBacarellaAfter 4 tries and a crazy story involving the National Guard, the police, a senator, the emergency management coordinator and the head of the local health department, I was given my first Dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Chris this will take an entire chapter of my crazy little town novel, so I will spare the details.
That sounds like a good story.
2021-03-01 9:39 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Marathon #13 is in the books! While it was certainly different (odd, confusing and boring course), it was a race and I'm so grateful to have finished. Also my sister and brother in law pulled off the biggest surprise and drove up from Tallahassee to cheer me on! They texted me 10 minutes before I arrived at the race site saying they were 15 minutes away. It was simply the best! 

Race report is up

2021-03-01 10:04 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh
Originally posted by JBacarellaAfter 4 tries and a crazy story involving the National Guard, the police, a senator, the emergency management coordinator and the head of the local health department, I was given my first Dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Chris this will take an entire chapter of my crazy little town novel, so I will spare the details.
That sounds like a good story.

I know! I want to hear this story!

2021-03-01 10:06 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by lisac957

Marathon #13 is in the books! While it was certainly different (odd, confusing and boring course), it was a race and I'm so grateful to have finished. Also my sister and brother in law pulled off the biggest surprise and drove up from Tallahassee to cheer me on! They texted me 10 minutes before I arrived at the race site saying they were 15 minutes away. It was simply the best! 

Race report is up

Congratulations!  I think that it takes a lot of mental toughness to complete the "socially distanced" races.

It's so awesome that you had your own cheer squad!  Woo hoo!

2021-03-01 10:39 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JBacarella After 4 tries and a crazy story involving the National Guard, the police, a senator, the emergency management coordinator and the head of the local health department, I was given my first Dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Chris this will take an entire chapter of my crazy little town novel, so I will spare the details.

Congratulations!!!  But now of course you have whet all of our appetites for the crazy story!

2021-03-01 10:40 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by lisac957

Race report is up

Woooo hooooo!!  Congrats on racing, I'm off to read the report! 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74