Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 74

2021-03-01 5:23 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

After a bit of conversation with Janyne and a review of the spreadsheet, it appears that we are DONE!!! I hope it went well for everyone or as well as can be hoped for. I do recall reading a few comments here and there which lead me to believe that the challenge can be a good thing, sometimes from the results, sometimes from the process, and sometimes it is something we realize about ourselves. My challenge to me will continue through the year, as I now have a foundation for my yearly goal for hours on the bike.

Enjoy the week!

2021-03-01 6:09 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by lisac957

Marathon #13 is in the books! While it was certainly different (odd, confusing and boring course), it was a race and I'm so grateful to have finished. Also my sister and brother in law pulled off the biggest surprise and drove up from Tallahassee to cheer me on! They texted me 10 minutes before I arrived at the race site saying they were 15 minutes away. It was simply the best! 

Race report is up

Congrats!

2021-03-01 8:09 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by JBacarella After 4 tries and a crazy story involving the National Guard, the police, a senator, the emergency management coordinator and the head of the local health department, I was given my first Dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Chris this will take an entire chapter of my crazy little town novel, so I will spare the details.

Congratulations!!!  But now of course you have whet all of our appetites for the crazy story!

x3 - it sounds very dramatic

2021-03-01 9:18 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Expert
Originally posted by lisac957

Marathon #13 is in the books! While it was certainly different (odd, confusing and boring course), it was a race and I'm so grateful to have finished. Also my sister and brother in law pulled off the biggest surprise and drove up from Tallahassee to cheer me on! They texted me 10 minutes before I arrived at the race site saying they were 15 minutes away. It was simply the best! 

Race report is up

Congratulations! This is the perfect time of year to race in Atlanta. It's nice to have something sort of normal happen.
2021-03-02 2:32 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by jmkizer

RACING MANATEE!!!

Lisa - Publix Atlanta Marathon on Sunday

In addition, Chris is helping his club, SCORR, host Piggy's Revenge.

Go Lisa!

Go Chris!

Is there any other race/event news?

Awesome!

2021-03-04 6:42 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Thinking of Robin P today. Sending good bionic knee thoughts her way.

2021-03-04 7:13 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

X2!
2021-03-04 10:38 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Originally posted by amd723

X2!

X3!

And remembering some recent mention of the non-native English speakers among us: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/568043/tricky-1920s-poem-english-pronunciation-inconsistencies though in the YouTube video attached, he does use what I would call a British accent.
2021-03-05 9:07 PM
in reply to: Micawber

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Micawber

X2!

X3!

And remembering some recent mention of the non-native English speakers among us: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/568043/tricky-1920s-poem-english-pronunciation-inconsistencies though in the YouTube video attached, he does use what I would call a British accent.

X4
2021-03-05 9:14 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Expert
I'm going to try to become a "Knight of Sufferlandria" tomorrow. It means riding 10 preapproved videos back to back, with no more than a 10 minute break between each video. Progress will be on Strava. Wasn't planning it, but Michelle and the dog went to her parents this weekend. I am only a week into my vaccine, so decided it would be better if I stayed home. It should be about 8.5 hours of ride time. We will see how it goes, I was supposed to do a long ride tomorrow anyway.
2021-03-06 3:19 AM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by JBacarellaI'm going to try to become a "Knight of Sufferlandria" tomorrow. It means riding 10 preapproved videos back to back, with no more than a 10 minute break between each video. Progress will be on Strava. Wasn't planning it, but Michelle and the dog went to her parents this weekend. I am only a week into my vaccine, so decided it would be better if I stayed home. It should be about 8.5 hours of ride time. We will see how it goes, I was supposed to do a long ride tomorrow anyway.
Wow! I’m always in awe when I see people going for Knighthood. Good luck!!

2021-03-06 1:52 PM

User image

Expert
I had to stop after the 6th video. We had a home owner issue and I like my house my than I like my ADHD driven impulses.
2021-03-06 2:05 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella I had to stop after the 6th video. We had a home owner issue and I like my house my than I like my ADHD driven impulses.

wow, your power was breaking your house, beast-mode  6 of those videos back to back is amazing too. My booty hurts for you

2021-03-08 11:12 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JBacarella I had to stop after the 6th video. We had a home owner issue and I like my house my than I like my ADHD driven impulses.

6 sounds like an accomplishment of its own, wow!

2021-03-08 12:10 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

wow, your power was breaking your house, beast-mode  6 of those videos back to back is amazing too. My booty hurts for you

What AM said!  You crushed it and broke your house in the process!

2021-03-09 8:44 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

What AM said!  You crushed it and broke your house in the process!

I am in awe of 6 hours of suffefst. Way to kill your first attempt.

2021-03-09 8:49 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by JBacarella

X2!
X3!And remembering some recent mention of the non-native English speakers among us: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/568043/tricky-1920s-poem-english-pronunciation-inconsistencies though in the YouTube video attached, he does use what I would call a British accent.
X4
All your good thoughts must have helped, my surgery went well and recovery is going well. I am doing some PT and continuing with PT for my back. I am making the arrangements for my spinal fusion surgery now. It makes me sad to be completely out of all the fun things for several months (or maybe just a few, fingers crossed). It also makes me happy to get this mess fixed and be able to have all the fun when it is all said and done. Nothing but surgery will help and the chance of doing more, permanent damage will always be there if I don't. I have to make a trip to Fla in April to pick my Mom up for the summer. I hope to schedule the surgery immediately after that.Other good news: i got my first vaccine yesterday! I am ecstatic!!!!

Edited by ceilidh 2021-03-09 8:58 AM
2021-03-09 8:57 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by ceilidh

X2!
X3!And remembering some recent mention of the non-native English speakers among us: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/568043/tricky-1920s-poem-english-pronunciation-inconsistencies though in the YouTube video attached, he does use what I would call a British accent.
X4
All your good thoughts must have helped, my surgery went well and recovery is going well. I am doing some PT and continuing with PT for my back. I am making the arrangements for my spinal fusion surgery now. It makes me sad to be completely out of all the fun things for several months (or maybe justa few). It also makes me happy to get this mess fixed and be able to have all the fun when it is all said and done. I have to make a trip to Fla to pick my Mom up for the summer. I hope to schedule the surgery immediately after that.Other good news: i got my first vaccine yesterday! I am ecstatic!!!!

First shot: YAY!!!!  Glad to hear the surgery went well and they have you in PT getting stronger.  Yes, get fixed up so you can play with friends and pick up Miz Gloria come summer!!

2021-03-09 9:00 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

X2!
X4
All your good thoughts must have helped, my surgery went well and recovery is going well. I am doing some PT and continuing with PT for my back. I am making the arrangements for my spinal fusion surgery now. It makes me sad to be completely out of all the fun things for several months (or maybe just a few, fingers crossed). It also makes me happy to get this mess fixed and be able to have all the fun when it is all said and done. Nothing but surgery will help and the chance of doing more, permanent damage will always be there if I don't. I have to make a trip to Fla in April to pick my Mom up for the summer. I hope to schedule the surgery immediately after that.Other good news: i got my first vaccine yesterday! I am ecstatic!!!!

So happy to read that your surgery went well and you are healing nicely. Also YAY to the first shot!  Before the end of the year/end of summer(?) I expect you will be a new, not hurting anymore person!!

2021-03-09 10:54 AM

User image

Cypress, Texas

So...I have gone completely AWOL on the Tri training. 

I quit the TriDot plans about 3 weeks into it after my second injury.  I haven't hurt myself in 6 years with the sport other than one sprained ankle and races.  Races don't count because I am trying to kill myself there and ankles are just bad luck. So with pulling things twice in three weeks I pulled the plug and went back to the beginning to start over at day 1 of another plan. 

I didn't stick to that either.  We have a cold snap that made it hard to get out for a week then I moved which threw me off for another week.  So I now have been in the new home for almost two weeks.  I don't have a place to swim yet and I don't have a place to ride my bike map out yet other than the indoor trainer.  Every time I see a trainer ride on my "plan" I find myself wishing I was running outside in the beautiful weather that we are having.  So I keep skipping my bike ride to go running.  I was justifying that to keep motivated I have to do what I enjoy and right now it is running.  So my running is going great but my bike fitness is going down the drain and I have never had any swim fitness.  So..I guess I need to decide if I want to race this spring or not.  If not I will keep running like an antelope and ride and add cycling and swimming back in when I get tired of running every day.   

If I decided to race the Cap Tex Tri in Austin, TX on Memorial Day in 12 weeks is looking like a good option.  I forgot how much races cost though.  $150 for an Olympic race.  Last year I was doing no-frills duathlons that had about 30 people participating and they were only $45.  No Tee shirt, not metal, but we got great support on the course, chipped timing, USAT certified results, etc.  The past 5-6 years I got free 5K races through the Choctaw Nation Community Wellness plan.  It looks like running events are about $45 here too. 

So...I am a little gun shy on racing because I am in a new area and don't know what races are good, I am not at the top of my game with training, big races are still being canceled, and I haven't figured out where to get race discount codes and sweetheart deal on registrations pricing yet. So...just training for the fun of training is where I am at right now.  

2021-03-09 12:43 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

X2!
X4

Great news! I have been so happy to see you PT-ing on Strava.  I'm tickled that you have started down the vaccine path.  Has Gloria had any luck in that area?

2021-03-09 12:47 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

I quit the TriDot plans about 3 weeks into it after my second injury.  I haven't hurt myself in 6 years with the sport other than one sprained ankle and races.  Races don't count because I am trying to kill myself there and ankles are just bad luck. So with pulling things twice in three weeks I pulled the plug and went back to the beginning to start over at day 1 of another plan. 

I didn't stick to that either.  We have a cold snap that made it hard to get out for a week then I moved which threw me off for another week.  So I now have been in the new home for almost two weeks.  I don't have a place to swim yet and I don't have a place to ride my bike map out yet other than the indoor trainer.  Every time I see a trainer ride on my "plan" I find myself wishing I was running outside in the beautiful weather that we are having.  So I keep skipping my bike ride to go running.  I was justifying that to keep motivated I have to do what I enjoy and right now it is running.  So my running is going great but my bike fitness is going down the drain and I have never had any swim fitness.  So..I guess I need to decide if I want to race this spring or not.  If not I will keep running like an antelope and ride and add cycling and swimming back in when I get tired of running every day.   

If I decided to race the Cap Tex Tri in Austin, TX on Memorial Day in 12 weeks is looking like a good option.  I forgot how much races cost though.  $150 for an Olympic race.  Last year I was doing no-frills duathlons that had about 30 people participating and they were only $45.  No Tee shirt, not metal, but we got great support on the course, chipped timing, USAT certified results, etc.  The past 5-6 years I got free 5K races through the Choctaw Nation Community Wellness plan.  It looks like running events are about $45 here too. 

So...I am a little gun shy on racing because I am in a new area and don't know what races are good, I am not at the top of my game with training, big races are still being canceled, and I haven't figured out where to get race discount codes and sweetheart deal on registrations pricing yet. So...just training for the fun of training is where I am at right now.  

Maybe embrace the "running is my jam" situation this spring and do a few running events?

I'm glad to hear that you are safely moved and I hope that you avoided that power outage mess.

2021-03-09 2:13 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

X2!
X4

Great news! I have been so happy to see you PT-ing on Strava.  I'm tickled that you have started down the vaccine path.  Has Gloria had any luck in that area?

Gloria got her first and ia due for her second shot in a week! Happy dance.
2021-03-09 2:14 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Maybe embrace the "running is my jam" situation this spring and do a few running events?

I'm glad to hear that you are safely moved and I hope that you avoided that power outage mess.

all of this!
2021-03-09 2:33 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

X2!
X4

Gloria got her first and ia due for her second shot in a week! Happy dance.

I imagine that your trip will be a lot better than it was last year!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74