BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 74

2021-04-07 9:05 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by glfprncs Racing (well, riding) my 1st gravel race on Saturday (Greenwood Gravel Grinder in SC). Apparently there's a section of single track and 2 big creek crossings. It's supposed to rain Thurs and Fri. Hope those creeks aren't too full!
That sounds like a whole lot of fun!!

2021-04-07 9:57 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

Jim - I just ready Michigan is now the epicenter of COVID.  Glad you are vaxed and safe(r)!

2021-04-07 12:15 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
2021-04-07 1:39 PM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by fortissimo
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by JBacarella

Racing Manatees!!!

Ann-Marie - Gateway to the Smokies half marathon

Dooo eeettt!!!

Is anyone else racing?

Good Luck Ann-Marie!

Ann-Marie CRUSHED IT, winning her age group by over a minute!

Congrats, Ann-Marie!

Thanks all! It was a beautiful, challenging course.

BIG congratulations!!

Way late to the party but this is worthy of Congratulations!
2021-04-07 7:25 PM

User image

Expert

Jim - I just ready Michigan is now the epicenter of COVID.  Glad you are vaxed and safe(r)!

It is insane here. The hospital here had to re-open its COVID wing. Our Walmart had 40 employees either positive or quarantined, they shut down for two days and did a deep cleaning. The friend of the court had to completely shut down. Plus I am seeing a lot of people from our area in Florida, in crowds and no facemasks.
I appreciate the well wishes, I am happy we are all vaxed too. Even D3's boyfriend who is going to OK with us next month.

Very cool story about D3's boyfriend. A man tried to rob him on Sunday. During the robbery he asked the man "are you okay, you don't seem to be doing well." They then started talking about the man's mental health. He talked to him for about 15 minutes and at the end wished him well and they went their separate ways with the robbery aborted.
2021-04-08 5:13 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Expert
Illinois

It is insane here. The hospital here had to re-open its COVID wing. Our Walmart had 40 employees either positive or quarantined, they shut down for two days and did a deep cleaning. The friend of the court had to completely shut down. Plus I am seeing a lot of people from our area in Florida, in crowds and no facemasks.
I appreciate the well wishes, I am happy we are all vaxed too. Even D3's boyfriend who is going to OK with us next month.

Very cool story about D3's boyfriend. A man tried to rob him on Sunday. During the robbery he asked the man "are you okay, you don't seem to be doing well." They then started talking about the man's mental health. He talked to him for about 15 minutes and at the end wished him well and they went their separate ways with the robbery aborted.

That's a great story about D3's boyfriend --- glad it had a happy ending

2021-04-08 6:20 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

It is insane here. The hospital here had to re-open its COVID wing. Our Walmart had 40 employees either positive or quarantined, they shut down for two days and did a deep cleaning. The friend of the court had to completely shut down. Plus I am seeing a lot of people from our area in Florida, in crowds and no facemasks.I appreciate the well wishes, I am happy we are all vaxed too. Even D3's boyfriend who is going to OK with us next month.Very cool story about D3's boyfriend. A man tried to rob him on Sunday. During the robbery he asked the man "are you okay, you don't seem to be doing well." They then started talking about the man's mental health. He talked to him for about 15 minutes and at the end wished him well and they went their separate ways with the robbery aborted.
that is wonderful that he could remain so cool and so caring. Life goals. Not to get robbed but to be so calm and looking ouyward.
2021-04-08 10:59 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

It is insane here. The hospital here had to re-open its COVID wing. Our Walmart had 40 employees either positive or quarantined, they shut down for two days and did a deep cleaning. The friend of the court had to completely shut down. Plus I am seeing a lot of people from our area in Florida, in crowds and no facemasks. I appreciate the well wishes, I am happy we are all vaxed too. Even D3's boyfriend who is going to OK with us next month. Very cool story about D3's boyfriend. A man tried to rob him on Sunday. During the robbery he asked the man "are you okay, you don't seem to be doing well." They then started talking about the man's mental health. He talked to him for about 15 minutes and at the end wished him well and they went their separate ways with the robbery aborted.

Wow, how cool to know that your daughter found someone that caring.

2021-04-08 11:24 AM
in reply to: abake

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by abake

It is insane here. The hospital here had to re-open its COVID wing. Our Walmart had 40 employees either positive or quarantined, they shut down for two days and did a deep cleaning. The friend of the court had to completely shut down. Plus I am seeing a lot of people from our area in Florida, in crowds and no facemasks. I appreciate the well wishes, I am happy we are all vaxed too. Even D3's boyfriend who is going to OK with us next month. Very cool story about D3's boyfriend. A man tried to rob him on Sunday. During the robbery he asked the man "are you okay, you don't seem to be doing well." They then started talking about the man's mental health. He talked to him for about 15 minutes and at the end wished him well and they went their separate ways with the robbery aborted.
That's a great story about D3's boyfriend --- glad it had a happy ending

agreed!

2021-04-09 9:35 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Wow, just wow!!  Does he work in the mental health field or has he had training?  Amazing outcome for both men.

2021-04-09 9:47 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Well, I guess I will share my sad news here rather than in my log.  Wednesday evening I had to put down my sweet, beloved 17 year old dog Coco.  She had been dealing with chronic kidney disease for a while but it took a sudden plummet for the worse.  She was at the point of near renal failure, her kidneys were not processing much of anything.  As any pet owner knows, it's a painful and difficult decision to end your pet's life. 

The only thing that made the decision any easier is we had bloodwork done at the visit just to know for sure where her numbers stood and to help know what direction to take.  They had taken an incredible jump since her last bloodwork in Nov. and made it very clear that her CKD was end stage and there was nothing more to be done for improvement.  Her absence is palpable, she had such a big presence and personality, so much love.  We still have our other dog, but the house feels very different without my precious Coco.

2021-04-09 10:37 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Well, I guess I will share my sad news here rather than in my log.  Wednesday evening I had to put down my sweet, beloved 17 year old dog Coco.  She had been dealing with chronic kidney disease for a while but it took a sudden plummet for the worse.  She was at the point of near renal failure, her kidneys were not processing much of anything.  As any pet owner knows, it's a painful and difficult decision to end your pet's life. 

The only thing that made the decision any easier is we had bloodwork done at the visit just to know for sure where her numbers stood and to help know what direction to take.  They had taken an incredible jump since her lastbloodwork in Nov. and made it very clear that her CKD was end stage and there was nothing more to be done for improvement.  Her absence is palpable, she had such a big presence and personality, so much love.  We still have our other dog, but the house feels very different without my precious Coco.

i am so glad you got to be by her side and she knew your love. Sending you all sorts of hugs. I am so very, very sad for you
2021-04-09 11:16 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

The only thing that made the decision any easier is we had bloodwork done at the visit just to know for sure where her numbers stood and to help know what direction to take.  They had taken an incredible jump since her last bloodwork in Nov. and made it very clear that her CKD was end stage and there was nothing more to be done for improvement.  Her absence is palpable, she had such a big presence and personality, so much love.  We still have our other dog, but the house feels very different without my precious Coco.

Ugh, I'm so sorry!Even though we know that when we make these decisions they are the right ones, it still hurts like heck. How's your other dog dealing with Coco's absence?

2021-04-09 12:50 PM

User image

Expert

I'm sorry.
2021-04-09 12:59 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Pennsylvania

Ugh, I'm so sorry!Even though we know that when we make these decisions they are the right ones, it still hurts like heck. How's your other dog dealing with Coco's absence?

I think she's a bit confused and wonders where her 'sister' is.  Sometimes she'll let out a single soft cry for no apparent reason.  It's heartbreaking to see her alone when she's always had Coco with her (well, as long as Dobie lived here which is all but 4 months of her life).  She'll sniff Coco's belongings: her leash/harness, her shirt, some of her toys.

2021-04-09 1:11 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I think she's a bit confused and wonders where her 'sister' is.  Sometimes she'll let out a single soft cry for no apparent reason.  It's heartbreaking to see her alone when she's always had Coco with her (well, as long as Dobie lived here which is all but 4 months of her life).  She'll sniff Coco's belongings: her leash/harness, her shirt, some of her toys.

Oh dear! I know they know, but don't understand what has happened. Poor Puppy. Extra pe5s and hugs to her, too.

2021-04-09 2:38 PM

User image

I am sorry for your loss. Hugs for you all!
2021-04-09 7:30 PM
in reply to: #5273965

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Melanie, I am SO sorry to hear of Coco's passing. What a gift you gave to her though...years of love and adventures and a dignified end of life.

When we said goodbye to out boy TC 5 years ago, a friend, who is a vet tech, said to me, "If love could have saved him, he would have lived forever."

Such fitting words. How lucky are we to be blessed with one who loves so unconditionally in return.

We, too, are nearing that time for James. He has a lung carcinoma, so we're on borrowed time & he's surpassed his oncologist's timeline. I'm grateful for each day.

Much love to all of you who loved your dear Coco.
2021-04-10 4:48 PM
in reply to: #5275603

User image

Greenwood Gravel "Race" in the books.

Gravel is so civilized! We had a 9:00 a.m. start.

The forestry service roads near Greenwood, SC are just lovely. The 3/4 mile of single track at mile 4 was just a lot of fun.

I was as slow as Methuselah, but what an enjoyable morning.

I also sold my "old" gravel bike (Salsa Journeyman) this afternoon.
2021-04-11 1:18 PM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by glfprncsGreenwood Gravel "Race" in the books. Gravel is so civilized! We had a 9:00 a.m. start. The forestry service roads near Greenwood, SC are just lovely. The 3/4 mile of single track at mile 4 was just a lot of fun.I was as slow as Methuselah, but what an enjoyable morning.I also sold my "old" gravel bike (Salsa Journeyman) this afternoon.
well done. How was the race overall? Would you do it again?
2021-04-11 7:26 PM
in reply to: #5275609

User image

Robin, absolutely! Southeast Gravel puts on a great event. This was only my 1st, but several friends have raced with them over the past 3 years, and all share their accolades.

2021-04-13 12:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Janyne, Ann Marie, Melanie, i just got a deferral opportunity for IMCHOO 70.3. I took it. My request for the "refund" of $75 never went through.I feel your complaint to the attorneys General may have helped. I am fairly sure I won't be able to do it,and probably wouldn't anyway.

Edited by ceilidh 2021-04-13 12:55 PM
2021-04-13 1:07 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh Janyne, Ann Marie, Melanie, i just got a deferral opportunity for IMCHOO 70.3. I took it. My request for the "refund" of $75 never went through.I feel your complaint to the attorneys General may have helped. I am fairly sure I won't be able to do it,and probably wouldn't anyway.

Yep, got it too. Apparently, b/c of the deferrals from last year's races no "refunds" were offered. So now it's race it this year, defer it to next year and do not race any IM branded races this year or you will lose the deferral, or just say, "here, take my entry fee you bastards!".  I was sort of trying to wait until closer to race day to see if the race would be rescheduled which would open up more opportunities ( could pick a race other than choo), but it seems they foresaw that strategy when they put an April xx deadline to request the deferral. Again, bastards. So now they can open up the waitlist and get someone else's entry fee.

ETA:Did you do the deferral or are you just absorbing the entry fee?

Edited by amd723 2021-04-13 1:09 PM
2021-04-13 1:19 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh Janyne, Ann Marie, Melanie, i just got a deferral opportunity for IMCHOO 70.3. I took it. My request for the "refund" of $75 never went through.I feel your complaint to the attorneys General may have helped. I am fairly sure I won't be able to do it,and probably wouldn't anyway.

Yep, got it too. Apparently, b/c of the deferrals from last year's races no "refunds" were offered. So now it's race it this year, defer it to next year and do not race any IM branded races this year or you will lose the deferral, or just say, "here, take my entry fee you bastards!".  I was sort of trying to wait until closer to race day to see if the race would be rescheduled which would open up more opportunities ( could pick a race other than choo), but it seems they foresaw that strategy when they put an April xx deadline to request the deferral. Again, bastards. So now they can open up the waitlist and get someone else's entry fee.

I still think that they charged for a service that that they did not provide in 2020.  Giving you a "choice" to defer or lose your money is not really a choice. 

I totally understand that it is not free to keep race directors, etc. on staff and that some of the money from our entry fees has already been spent.  I do think that it is reasonable to refund something.

2021-04-13 1:32 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

I still think that they charged for a service that that they did not provide in 2020.  Giving you a "choice" to defer or lose your money is not really a choice. 

I totally understand that it is not free to keep race directors, etc. on staff and that some of the money from our entry fees has already been spent.  I do think that it is reasonable to refund something.

I totally agree! 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74