Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 74

2021-05-07 2:53 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by ceilidh Happy FriYAY. Anyone racing or just playing?

No racing for me til September unless I add something last minute   So, typical weekend of running Saturday and gravel ride Sunday. I also may be painting my workout room.   

2021-05-07 4:10 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Final Trail Work Day of the season for me on Saturday. Sunday is a trip to a park outside of Tampa for Mother's day. DD1 and her husband are coming over from O-Town and we are heading up with DD2 and her husband and the kids. Ann asked and the kids came through! 

Actually have a plan for the Idiot Ride (50 miles of bad decisions) and I am looking at something on the SouthEast Gravel calendar for early July in SC. I have to see if any of the Grupetto de Gravel wants to go up, one of the guys has a summer place an hour away from the starting line. 

2021-05-08 7:10 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by cdban66

Final Trail Work Day of the season for me on Saturday. Sunday is a trip to a park outside of Tampa for Mother's day. DD1 and her husband are coming over from O-Town and we are heading up with DD2 and her husband and the kids. Ann asked and the kids came through! 

Actually have a plan for the Idiot Ride (50 miles of bad decisions) and I am looking at something on the SouthEast Gravel calendar for early July in SC. I have to see if any of the Grupetto de Gravel wants to go up, one of the guys has a summer place an hour away from the starting line. 

Where in SC? That all sounds fun. Good for the kids for your kids doing right for Mother's Day?
2021-05-08 7:12 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by amd723

No racing for me til September unless I add something last minute   So, typical weekend of running Saturday and gravel ride Sunday. I also may be painting my workout room.   

When you get done with the workout room, come here and paint some
2021-05-08 7:13 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by melbo55

Yard and garden work this weekend, weather permitting.  Racing next weekend!

I can't wait to hear all about your race!
2021-05-09 7:47 AM

User image

Expert
Happy Mother's Day, to all of our mothers.

2021-05-09 10:40 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella Happy Mother's Day, to all of our mothers.

Yes, Happy Mother's Day!

2021-05-10 9:07 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Chris, are you thinking of doing Valhalla on July 10th?  I have it on my calendar but I haven't actually registered for it yet.

Nancy and Anne-Marie, what do you think?

BTW, if you are interested in the Southeast Gravel series, you might want to listen to The Gravel Ride podcast dated May 4th

http://thegravelride.libsyn.com/website

Edited by jmkizer 2021-05-10 9:07 AM
2021-05-10 9:32 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by jmkizer

Chris, are you thinking of doing Valhalla on July 10th?  I have it on my calendar but I haven't actually registered for it yet.

BTW, if you are interested in the Southeast Gravel series, you might want to listen to The Gravel Ride podcast dated May 4th

i want to ride all of their races. Dammit! Next year, I swear!
2021-05-10 9:40 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh

i want to ride all of their races. Dammit! Next year, I swear!

Sounds fun!

2021-05-10 12:48 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Hmm, it's interesting. I just don't know that it is in my wheel house with over 4500 feet of climbing over 46 miles (short course). I had about 1/10th of that yesterday on my 28 miler! Something to think about though...

2021-05-10 1:22 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Hmm, it's interesting. I just don't know that it is in my wheel house with over 4500 feet of climbing over 46 miles (short course). I had about 1/10th of that yesterday on my 28 miler! Something to think about though...

Yeah.  I was thinking Greenwood might be more Claremont-like.  Maybe we can do the short course in October or next April?  I only suggested that one because someone said Southeast Gravel July and Valhalla would be that event.

2021-05-10 2:04 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Yeah.  I was thinking Greenwood might be more Claremont-like.  Maybe we can do the short course in October or next April?  I only suggested that one because someone said Southeast Gravel July and Valhalla would be that event.

yeah, I was bummed that Valhalla is their hardest event bc it’s pretty good timing. April could possibly work as a tune up to Choo . October would probably depend upon whether I do the November Cades Cove race I’m signed up to do Since I have harvest half in September,. Phew! Look at all these race possibilities this year!

2021-05-11 5:54 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

yeah, I was bummed that Valhalla is their hardest event bc it’s pretty good timing. April could possibly work as a tune up to Choo . October would probably depend upon whether I do the November Cades Cove race I’m signed up to do Since I have harvest half in September,. Phew! Look at all these race possibilities this year!

Valhalla wound up being the choice of the group, just due to timing and location. The elevation doesn't really fit my general riding, but it looks like there will be some preparation time in the sand and velcro grass. I need some sort of kick in the pants right now, so this should help with that. 

Some of there other events may be in our future as well. I listened to the podcast, which reminded me of their events. They sound like a good group of folks. And the events they run certainly do run a gamut of styles and terrains, so there is something out there for just about anyone. 

2021-05-11 5:59 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Valhalla wound up being the choice of the group, just due to timing and location. The elevation doesn't really fit my general riding, but it looks like there will be some preparation time in the sand and velcro grass. I need some sort of kick in the pants right now, so this should help with that. 

Some of there other events may be in our future as well. I listened to the podcast, which reminded me of their events. They sound like a good group of folks. And the events they run certainly do run a gamut of styles and terrains, so there is something out there for just about anyone. 

I'll decided for sure on Valhalla -- yay or nay -- next month.  Just trying to do one event at a time right now.

2021-05-12 4:07 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Hello friends - checking in after my surgery last week (see my log starting April 5 for context) and happy to report they got all the cancer, got clear margins and it had not spread. I'm still kind of in recovery mode with sore incisions, but am healing right on track. I should start radiation in about a month. I'm content with daily walks for now, but the surgeon said I could try to gently run in a couple of weeks if I wanted. We'll see.

I hope everyone is doing well and hope there will be some race reports to read this summer! 

2021-05-12 4:09 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by lisac957

Hello friends - checking in after my surgery last week (see my log starting April 5 for context) and happy to report they got all the cancer, got clear margins and it had not spread. I'm still kind of in recovery mode with sore incisions, but am healing right on track. I should start radiation in about a month. I'm content with daily walks for now, but the surgeon said I could try to gently run in a couple of weeks if I wanted. We'll see.

I hope everyone is doing well and hope there will be some race reports to read this summer! 

Oh that is fantastic news. The words "clear margins" are the best to hear. Take care and heal well.
2021-05-12 5:45 PM

User image

Expert

It's great to hear that surgery went so well. Heal well and we will keep praying for you.
2021-05-12 5:58 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Im glad to hear the surgery was a success and that you are healing well!

2021-05-13 6:07 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I'm so glad that your surgery wen well and that you feel well enough to drop in here.  Heal well!

2021-05-13 10:00 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Clear margins and no spreading - EXCELLENT!!!  Heal well, heal quickly, enjoy those Ellie walks.  Take care!

2021-05-14 10:20 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

May 15-16
Melanie - Steelman Racing Open Water Classic on Sunday

Dooo eeettt!!!

Is anyone else racing or having fun adventures this weekend?

2021-05-14 12:55 PM

User image

Expert

Racing Manatees!!!

May 15-16
Melanie - Steelman Racing Open Water Classic on Sunday

Dooo eeettt!!!

Is anyone else racing or having fun adventures this weekend?

Good Luck Melanie!
2021-05-14 1:05 PM

So glad to hear everything went well for you Lisa. Hang in there.
2021-05-14 1:13 PM

It's good to see everyone's race plans in here. I haven't been on here much the last couple of weeks. I mostly check in during the work day when I have some down time. Our court system had a cyber attack a bit ago, however, and so we have been without internet service at work for a couple weeks. It has been a mess. We can finally send and receive e-mails from outside the system as of just a couple days ago, but still no general internet. That makes legal research a touch difficult, so I've been doing more work from home at night. The e-mail issue created huge problems because most of our filings by parties are done electronically, and most of our court orders are distributed through e-mail. Then we had a whole series of hearings that, due to COVID, are scheduled by Zoom. No internet, no zoom.

They are just starting to figure out what races we'll have up here this summer (our numbers have been going up again). We have some family trips planned for the summer as well, so hopefully my calendar will all come together here soon.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74