User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by Micawber
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

June 12-13
Janyne - Loudoun 1725 Gravel Grinder on Sunday
Anne - Ride the Rockies, Durango CO (June 12-18)

Dooo eeettt!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

Good luck racers! My area's restrictions eased up this week and I have a lane booked tomorrow at the local pool, for the first time in well over a year. Turns out my swimsuit has shrunk in the drawer while waiting, so I'm shopping this evening. :D

Swimming, hooray!  No doubt the lack of chlorine is what caused your suit to shrink, it couldn't be anything to do with you.     Enjoy re-chlorination!

2021-06-12 2:18 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by Micawber

Racing Manatees!!!

June 12-13
Janyne - Loudoun 1725 Gravel Grinder on Sunday
Anne - Ride the Rockies, Durango CO (June 12-18)

Dooo eeettt!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

Good luck racers! My area's restrictions eased up this week and I have a lane booked tomorrow at the local pool, for the first time in well over a year. Turns out my swimsuit has shrunk in the drawer while waiting, so I'm shopping this evening. :D

Swimming, hooray!  No doubt the lack of chlorine is what caused your suit to shrink, it couldn't be anything to do with you.     Enjoy re-chlorination!

Thanks!

Sidenote: I noticed your quote from Maya Angelou. She was one of the speakers at a conference I was at in Philly some years back. She was quite an amazing lady!
2021-06-13 8:47 AM
in reply to: Micawber

User image

Expert
A little late, but hey. GOOD LUCK RACERS!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.
2021-06-13 10:56 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

I hope everyone had a good race!

Sorry I've been a slacker. We went to WDW for our vacation last week and yesterday was puppy day! Please meet Makana:

(Makana.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Makana.jpg (280KB - 5 downloads)
2021-06-13 5:21 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Awwww.....Too cute!
2021-06-13 5:46 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Too cute!

2021-06-14 12:48 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by fortissimo I hope everyone had a good race! Sorry I've been a slacker. We went to WDW for our vacation last week and yesterday was puppy day! Please meet Makana:

New puppy!!!    Adorable!

2021-06-14 5:09 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

Originally posted by fortissimo I hope everyone had a good race! Sorry I've been a slacker. We went to WDW for our vacation last week and yesterday was puppy day! Please meet Makana:

New puppy!!!    Adorable!

Totally adorable!!!
2021-06-14 5:40 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Expert
Makana is adorable. Thank you for living up to our social contact of sharing pictures of pets and bikes.
2021-06-15 11:46 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by Hot Runner I don't have nearly enough time or energy to say what I'd like to on this topic, but it's been an issue I've felt strongly about all my life... I could say a lot more but no time....too busy working myself to death. Three more weeks of school!

Awesome...I love this. 

2021-06-15 12:22 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Cypress, Texas

Racing Manatees!!!

May 29-30
Happy Memorial Day to the US-based Manatees!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun?

A little late on this, but yes I did the CAP TEX TRI in Austin, TX on Memorial Day.  My ranks were the following:

1500M Swim:  115th (2:00 min/100)

24.3 Bike: 21st (23.0 MPH)

10K Run: 6th (38:13

That was good enough for 15th place overall and 3rd place in the M40-44 AG. 

Both the guys that beat me in the AG had win margins that were smaller than our difference on the swim.

I am happy that I am now keeping up with the top guys on both the bike and run.  Two down one to go.

I didn't think I would ever be a top cyclist in a Triathlon but I have proved myself wrong.  I don't think I will ever be a top swimmer in a triathlon either, but the progress on the bike and then doing a 10K off-the-bike that was faster than some of my open 10K times was pretty inspiring and made me feel like I can do anything.  

Edited by BlueBoy26 2021-06-15 12:26 PM

2021-06-15 2:00 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Racing Manatees!!!

May 29-30

A little late on this, but yes I did the CAP TEX TRI in Austin, TX on Memorial Day.  My ranks were the following:

Both the guys that beat me in the AG had win margins that were smaller than our difference on the swim.

I am happy that I am now keeping up with the top guys on both the bike and run.  Two down one to go.

I didn't think I would ever be a top cyclist in a Triathlon but I have proved myself wrong.  I don't think I will ever be a top swimmer in a triathlon either, but the progress on the bike and then doing a 10K off-the-bike that was faster than some of my open 10K times was pretty inspiring and made me feel like I can do anything.  

Congrats Curtis! Good racing!
2021-06-15 2:02 PM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Makana looks really nice! What breed is that?
2021-06-16 11:29 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!!!

May 29-30

Wow, seriously speedy bike and run times, congratulations on 3rd AG!  

2021-06-16 11:32 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

After what felt like mountains of paperwork and training, I will finally begin the lifeguarding chapter of my life on Saturday!  I'm actually going to work a little both days just to get my feet wet, no pun intended.  Or maybe I do intend...  LOL.  I'm eager and excited to get started!

2021-06-16 12:39 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Welcome Makana!

2021-06-16 12:41 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

May 29-30

Congratulations on the PODIUM!!!

2021-06-16 12:42 PM
in reply to: Micawber

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Micawber Makana looks really nice! What breed is that?

GOLDEN RETRIEVER. 

2021-06-16 12:43 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

After what felt like mountains of paperwork and training, I will finally begin the lifeguarding chapter of my life on Saturday!  I'm actually going to work a little both days just to get my feet wet, no pun intended.  Or maybe I do intend...  LOL.  I'm eager and excited to get started!

Congrats! Is this at the Y? Prepping for your dream lifeguard gig at F&M?

2021-06-16 12:46 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

The Loudoun gravel grinder was fun.  I'll do a full report soon. I am hoping they have way cool pictures available soon (preview here).  We managed to visit a few wineries and Kevin and Zoe did a hike on the Appalachian Trail into West Virginia. Kevin said that he'd go back which is really good considering the traffic on the way there was, shall we say, Not Good.

2021-06-17 10:42 AM

User image

Denver, Colorado

The Loudoun gravel grinder was fun.  I'll do a full report soon. I am hoping they have way cool pictures available soon (preview here).  We managed to visit a few wineries and Kevin and Zoe did a hike on the Appalachian Trail into West Virginia. Kevin said that he'd go back which is really good considering the traffic on the way there was, shall we say, Not Good.

I was just going to ask how the ride went

Looking forward to your report, and also how Ann did on the Colo ride. I assume she's riding until tomorrow?

2021-06-17 11:33 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Yes, at the Y.  My goal is still to get a gig at F&M, too.  I spoke to Hope about it the other day and she mentioned she had put a bug in the swim director's ear (he knows me from our way back masters group there).  He sounded excited to potentially have me but it sounds like their hiring process is a bit disorganized.  I was originally told all jobs had to be posted online first (and I never saw it posted) but he made it sound like they needed people but hadn't posted.  *shrug*  I won't get too worried about it yet, they will be closing the college pool for cleaning for about a month and a half so they likely wouldn't use me until fall anyway.

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country but my area is desperate for lifeguards.  Some pools have reduced hours because they can't get guards.

2021-06-17 11:35 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

The photos in our preview look beautiful, what a nice area!  Wineries and hikes are a bonus!

2021-06-17 2:32 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

Yes, at the Y.  My goal is still to get a gig at F&M, too.  I spoke to Hope about it the other day and she mentioned she had put a bug in the swim director's ear (he knows me from our way back masters group there).  He sounded excited to potentially have me but it sounds like their hiring process is a bit disorganized.  I was originally told all jobs had to be posted online first (and I never saw it posted) but he made it sound like they needed people but hadn't posted.  *shrug*  I won't get too worried about it yet, they will be closing the college pool for cleaning for about a month and a half so they likely wouldn't use me until fall anyway.

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country but my area is desperate for lifeguards.  Some pools have reduced hours because they can't get guards.

Yes, that is the case at the YMCA where my daughter goes for summer camp.
2021-06-18 2:02 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yes, they are desperate for lifeguards here. To be honest, they are every summer. Then again, life guarding used to be a summer job for high school and college kids and I don't know anyone who has kids that age that have summer jobs. I mean, they don't babysit or work fast food or volunteer at the library either so it's not just not life guarding...

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74