of 74

2021-09-16 9:55 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Hey kids! IMCHOO is this coming weekend - the buzz is air temps in the high 70s, dew point in the 50s and a wetsuit legal float down the river. How come when Janyne, Ann Marie and I do it - it's 100 degrees, humid and bacteria-cancelled swim?! Anyone doing it this year?

I guess we are just lucky.  Maybe they'll get some of TS Nicholas and will make it more EPIC for these poor souls.

i don’t think it counts unless the temps are upper 90s, so this year’s participants better hope the forecast is wrong!

2021-09-16 10:46 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Hey kids! IMCHOO is this coming weekend - the buzz is air temps in the high 70s, dew point in the 50s and a wetsuit legal float down the river. How come when Janyne, Ann Marie and I do it - it's 100 degrees, humid and bacteria-cancelled swim?! Anyone doing it this year?

I guess we are just lucky.  Maybe they'll get some of TS Nicholas and will make it more EPIC for these poor souls.

Nope, no Nicholas for them.

So not epic. What a let down for them

2021-09-16 10:53 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Hey kids!

IMCHOO is this coming weekend - the buzz is air temps in the high 70s, dew point in the 50s and a wetsuit legal float down the river.

How come when Janyne, Ann Marie and I do it - it's 100 degrees, humid and bacteria-cancelled swim?!

Anyone doing it this year?

IM website shows it is the 26th. Maybe they moved it a week to give it more time to get really hot?
2021-09-16 11:58 AM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alaskatri
IM website shows it is the 26th. Maybe they moved it a week to give it more time to get really hot?

So wait, Randee lied to us?!

2021-09-17 9:54 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

September 18-19
Ann-Marie - Cherokee Harvest HM on Saturday
Melanie - Steelman Endless Summer Swim

Dooo eeettt!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2021-09-17 11:12 AM

User image

Racing Manatees!!!

September 18-19

Dooo eeettt!!!

Good luck racers! Have a blast!

If anyone gets bored, I actually did a race report: https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

2021-09-17 11:50 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Cypress, Texas

Racing Manatees!!!

September 18-19

Curtis - 10 for Texas - Saturday

Dooo eeettt!!!

I am doing a 10-mile run in the Woodlands, TX on Saturday.  That is where they do IM Texas 140.6. I don't have to swim or cycle tomorrow.  That is a good thing since I have been battling some type of sickness most of the week.

Edited by BlueBoy26 2021-09-17 11:51 AM
2021-09-17 11:53 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Racing Manatees!!!

September 18-19

Curtis - 10 for Texas - Saturday

Dooo eeettt!!!

I am doing a 10-mile run in the Woodlands, TX on Saturday.  That is where they do IM Texas 140.6. I don't have to swim or cycle tomorrow.  That is a good thing since I have been battling some type of sickness most of the week.

Have a great race!

2021-09-17 1:15 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

No I just can't read a calendar
2021-09-17 5:13 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

2021-09-18 11:20 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I'd planned to do a local Oly today but decided to pull out for a number of reasons:

* Rainy season started with a bang in the wee hours of the morning with 6 hours straight of steady rain and more forecast for later. Hilly course through trees on rough road and a bit worried about standing water and bike handling.

* Didn't want to make Mom wait in the rain or the car for several hours.

* My feet and legs are trashed after being back in the classroom for the first time in 18 months and really doubt the bike or run would have been too impressive.

* And, last but not least, after only six days of school (actually, it happened on the second day of school), I have one confirmed Covid case and one suspected in my class, and several kids in quarantine. Between sickness, quarantine, and parents being cautious, only half my class showed up yesterday. Have been told I don't need to quarantine since I'm vaccinated and have no symptoms, and everyone was masked (we have a mandate here and I'm super-strict about it in my room). I'm fine except for losing my voice every afternoon, which always happens in the first week of school, so no way to know without testing if that's a Covid symptom! I've been doing easy workouts and feel good. But still, given that it's possible I could be carrying the virus, decided it would be better for everyone if I sat this one out.

Just sayin', all this talk of Covid funds, and I have not been given or offered a single piece of PPE, even a cloth mask (of course, I buy my own), nor access to free testing. It's going to be a long, long year.

2021-09-19 9:16 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Hot Runner

I'd planned to do a local Oly today but decided to pull out for a number of reasons:

* Rainy season started with a bang in the wee hours of the morning with 6 hours straight of steady rain and more forecast for later. Hilly course through trees on rough road and a bit worried about standing water and bike handling.

* Didn't want to make Mom wait in the rain or the car for several hours.

* My feet and legs are trashed after being back in the classroom for the first time in 18 months and really doubt the bike or run would have been too impressive.

* And, last but not least, after only six days of school (actually, it happened on the second day of school), I have one confirmed Covid case and one suspected in my class, and several kids in quarantine. Between sickness, quarantine, and parents being cautious, only half my class showed up yesterday. Have been told I don't need to quarantine since I'm vaccinated and have no symptoms, and everyone was masked (we have a mandate here and I'm super-strict about it in my room). I'm fine except for losing my voice every afternoon, which always happens in the first week of school, so no way to know without testing if that's a Covid symptom! I've been doing easy workouts and feel good. But still, given that it's possible I could be carrying the virus, decided it would be better for everyone if I sat this one out.

Just sayin', all this talk of Covid funds, and I have not been given or offered a single piece of PPE, even a cloth mask (of course, I buy my own), nor access to free testing. It's going to be a long, long year.

Rough. It will get better.

Our county received a significant amount of COVID money and instead of restoring services they are spending it like trailer park kings who won $1,000 in the lottery, while saying we don't know how we are supposed to spend it.
2021-09-19 9:17 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Expert
Today starts off-season training with an eye on IM Texas in April
2021-09-20 9:06 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner I'd planned to do a local Oly today but decided to pull out for a number of reasons: * Rainy season started with a bang in the wee hours of the morning with 6 hours straight of steady rain and more forecast for later. Hilly course through trees on rough road and a bit worried about standing water and bike handling. * Didn't want to make Mom wait in the rain or the car for several hours. * My feet and legs are trashed after being back in the classroom for the first time in 18 months and really doubt the bike or run would have been too impressive. * And, last but not least, after only six days of school (actually, it happened on the second day of school), I have one confirmed Covid case and one suspected in my class, and several kids in quarantine. Between sickness, quarantine, and parents being cautious, only half my class showed up yesterday. Have been told I don't need to quarantine since I'm vaccinated and have no symptoms, and everyone was masked (we have a mandate here and I'm super-strict about it in my room). I'm fine except for losing my voice every afternoon, which always happens in the first week of school, so no way to know without testing if that's a Covid symptom! I've been doing easy workouts and feel good. But still, given that it's possible I could be carrying the virus, decided it would be better for everyone if I sat this one out. Just sayin', all this talk of Covid funds, and I have not been given or offered a single piece of PPE, even a cloth mask (of course, I buy my own), nor access to free testing. It's going to be a long, long year.

I'm sure that you made the right call about the race. This is supposed to be fun and racing in the rain isn't often all that fun.

On top of that, it sounds like a very bumpy start to the semester. Hopefully, things calm down and you don't have many more covid positives to deal with.

Regarding PPE: We did get "surgical" masks for our office. I put that in quotes because they are the cheapest, most useless things and ill fitting that I've ever encountered.  I mean, I had might as well but a Kleenex over my face.  <<sigh>>

Take care!

2021-09-20 9:07 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella Today starts off-season training with an eye on IM Texas in April

Wow! Big plans! I love it!

2021-09-20 10:23 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

PSA

Clever Training is going out of business. They have a sitewide 30% off code.  Yes, even on Garmin stuff and other items that normally do not go on sale.  If you have your eye on anything for Black Friday, maybe take a look? 

(My finger may have slipped.  I may have a shipment coming this week.)

2021-09-20 12:06 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Those temps sound WONDERFUL and right up my alley!  mid-80s, 90s, and 100s: ugh, gross, not happy.

2021-09-20 12:07 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JBacarella Today starts off-season training with an eye on IM Texas in April
Wow!! 

2021-09-20 12:09 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Hot Runner I'd planned to do a local Oly today but decided to pull out for a number of reasons: * Rainy season started with a bang in the wee hours of the morning with 6 hours straight of steady rain and more forecast for later. Hilly course through trees on rough road and a bit worried about standing water and bike handling. * Didn't want to make Mom wait in the rain or the car for several hours. * My feet and legs are trashed after being back in the classroom for the first time in 18 months and really doubt the bike or run would have been too impressive. * And, last but not least, after only six days of school (actually, it happened on the second day of school), I have one confirmed Covid case and one suspected in my class, and several kids in quarantine. Between sickness, quarantine, and parents being cautious, only half my class showed up yesterday. Have been told I don't need to quarantine since I'm vaccinated and have no symptoms, and everyone was masked (we have a mandate here and I'm super-strict about it in my room). I'm fine except for losing my voice every afternoon, which always happens in the first week of school, so no way to know without testing if that's a Covid symptom! I've been doing easy workouts and feel good. But still, given that it's possible I could be carrying the virus, decided it would be better for everyone if I sat this one out. Just sayin', all this talk of Covid funds, and I have not been given or offered a single piece of PPE, even a cloth mask (of course, I buy my own), nor access to free testing. It's going to be a long, long year.
Smart move bailing out of the race.  Hugs to you for having to endure the COVID madness in all its forms.  Hope you are healthy and just scratchy from teaching.

2021-09-20 12:38 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

PSA

Clever Training is going out of business. They have a sitewide 30% off code.  Yes, even on Garmin stuff and other items that normally do not go on sale.  If you have your eye on anything for Black Friday, maybe take a look? 

do tell!
2021-09-21 9:06 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

2021-09-21 9:27 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I'm fine so far. My voice returned after two days of not needing to give instructions, feedback, and encouragement through a mask 8 hours a day! Should probably get a test to be sure but unless someone lets me know about free, easily accessible testing for those with occupational exposures, not going to do it unless I have symptoms. (I'm fully vaccinated.) It isn't required here for vaccinated staff.
2021-09-21 10:07 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Possible TVA-related drama...

TVA observes water levels of Tennessee River ahead of IRONMAN triathlon

2021-09-21 10:10 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

PSA

do tell!

Garmin Rally pedals for 30% off. I had my eye on the Favero Assioma pedals for Black Friday.  Not that they have been on sale the past two years anyway. Anyway, 30% off the Garmin ones brought them in line with what I was willing to shell out. 

I have PowerTap pedals but they have gotten wonky and since SRAM bought PowerTap (and discontinued the pedals), support has been literally nonexistent.  Like the barely acknowlegdge the product on their website.

2021-09-21 10:13 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner I'm fine so far. My voice returned after two days of not needing to give instructions, feedback, and encouragement through a mask 8 hours a day! Should probably get a test to be sure but unless someone lets me know about free, easily accessible testing for those with occupational exposures, not going to do it unless I have symptoms. (I'm fully vaccinated.) It isn't required here for vaccinated staff.

I'm glad that you are feeling better.  I had to do a presentation last week and wore a KN95 mask.  I got so hot and out of breath it was embarrassing.  Wearing the mask all morning while observing was easy but with a lot of nonstop talking, ridiculous.  On top of that, I got really thirsty.  I'm sure that you get used to it or learn how to pace your speaking or adapt in some other way.  I have all the respect for you!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  

of 74