Other Resources 2021 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 35

2021-05-14 1:32 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!!

Originally posted by alaskatri It's good to see everyone's race plans in here. I haven't been on here much the last couple of weeks. I mostly check in during the work day when I have some down time. Our court system had a cyber attack a bit ago, however, and so we have been without internet service at work for a couple weeks. It has been a mess. We can finally send and receive e-mails from outside the system as of just a couple days ago, but still no general internet. That makes legal research a touch difficult, so I've been doing more work from home at night. The e-mail issue created huge problems because most of our filings by parties are done electronically, and most of our court orders are distributed through e-mail. Then we had a whole series of hearings that, due to COVID, are scheduled by Zoom. No internet, no zoom. They are just starting to figure out what races we'll have up here this summer (our numbers have been going up again). We have some family trips planned for the summer as well, so hopefully my calendar will all come together here soon.

Eek! Sorry to hear about the computer woes   No fun at all.

2021-05-14 2:34 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

May 15-16
Melanie - Steelman Racing Open Water Classic on Sunday

Dooo eeettt!!!

Is anyone else racing or having fun adventures this weekend?

Good Luck Melanie!

Woo Hoo, a race! Have fun and don't freeze!!

2021-05-14 2:36 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by alaskatri It's good to see everyone's race plans in here. I haven't been on here much the last couple of weeks. I mostly check in during the work day when I have some down time. Our court system had a cyber attack a bit ago, however, and so we have been without internet service at work for a couple weeks. It has been a mess. We can finally send and receive e-mails from outside the system as of just a couple days ago, but still no general internet. That makes legal research a touch difficult, so I've been doing more work from home at night. The e-mail issue created huge problems because most of our filings by parties are done electronically, and most of our court orders are distributed through e-mail. Then we had a whole series of hearings that, due to COVID, are scheduled by Zoom. No internet, no zoom. They are just starting to figure out what races we'll have up here this summer (our numbers have been going up again). We have some family trips planned for the summer as well, so hopefully my calendar will all come together here soon.

So, no 5 million dollar ransom paid by your court system?   It's amazing how stuck we are without computers, hope everything is fixed soon!

2021-05-14 3:23 PM
in reply to: amd723

Originally posted by amd723

So, no 5 million dollar ransom paid by your court system?   It's amazing how stuck we are without computers, hope everything is fixed soon!

I consider myself lucky to have enough budget for internet access in normal times. No way could we afford a ransom fund too. Haha. I'm a judicial conference today on zoom, so just working from home.
2021-05-14 3:32 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!!!

May 15-16

Dooo eeettt!!!

Good Luck Melanie!

Ha ha ha, they announced today's water temp was just under 60*F, like 58-59.  It might hit 60 by race day but regardless I will be squishing myself into my wetsuit.  They took out the 3 mile race and it will only be 1 or 2 miles (I'm doing the 1 miler for this race) and changed the course to be a little safer (read: shorter - 1/4 mile out and back done as many times as needed for your distance) in case they do need to rescue someone racers aren't as spread out and far from shore.  They held a nice athlete briefing on FB Live last night.

2021-05-14 9:02 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Originally posted by melbo55

Racing Manatees!!!

May 15-16

Dooo eeettt!!!

Good Luck Melanie!

Ha ha ha, they announced today's water temp was just under 60*F, like 58-59.  It might hit 60 by race day but regardless I will be squishing myself into my wetsuit.  They took out the 3 mile race and it will only be 1 or 2 miles (I'm doing the 1 miler for this race) and changed the course to be a little safer (read: shorter - 1/4 mile out and back done as many times as needed for your distance) in case they do need to rescue someone racers aren't as spread out and far from shore.  They held a nice athlete briefing on FB Live last night.

that is cold water!!! It isn't colder than a Scottish Loch, though. Have a fantastic race!

New Thread
Other Resources 2021 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatees Dooo Eeeet!!! Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 35