BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 31

2021-06-16 7:41 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Vermont
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open
Hi all!
Before I forget, I’m Triandfly802 on MFP and Jenn H on Strava. On Strava my picture is a front shot of me on a bike in case there are many Jenn H’s.
I managed some good training last week at home which I’ll fill in (still trying to sleep out here in Boise, ID). I did manage to find a gym around the corner from my hotel yesterday that’s part of my “traveling membership” so I ran for 45 minutes then jumped in their pool and did 1050 yards. My plan was for more yardage but the pool was so warm I felt so icky trying to swim. I was literally sweating in the pool. I’m still in Boise and have a brick today.
When I actually get up for the day I’ll post some goals for this week based off my traveling which sometimes modifies things.
I attached a photo below from flying out here. I take dozens of pictures but only posted one since it’s not a bike or beer. I did have a local beer and two samples with dinner last night!

Edited by aviatrix802 2021-06-16 7:50 AM

Attachments
----------------
6BD80C1F-A2B0-4696-B7E3-1E1C402C7D56.jpeg (2945KB - 12 downloads)

2021-06-16 8:43 AM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Originally posted by aviatrix802

Hi all!
Before I forget, I’m Triandfly802 on MFP and Jenn H on Strava. On Strava my picture is a front shot of me on a bike in case there are many Jenn H’s.
I managed some good training last week at home which I’ll fill in (still trying to sleep out here in Boise, ID). I did manage to find a gym around the corner from my hotel yesterday that’s part of my “traveling membership” so I ran for 45 minutes then jumped in their pool and did 1050 yards. My plan was for more yardage but the pool was so warm I felt so icky trying to swim. I was literally sweating in the pool. I’m still in Boise and have a brick today.
When I actually get up for the day I’ll post some goals for this week based off my traveling which sometimes modifies things.
I attached a photo below from flying out here. I take dozens of pictures but only posted one since it’s not a bike or beer. I did have a local beer and two samples with dinner last night!

Wow, what a view!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the hot pool. Do you know what the temp was?
2021-06-16 8:52 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Vermont
Nicole, I don’t know. Maybe I can find out when I go back today for the brick. Part of it could have been me too - just hot from the run and not hydrated. I forgot to bring nutrition for in between run and swim as well.
Tomorrow I’ll be in NJ and I love the location of our hotel there - right next to the convention center and around the corner from a LA Fitness Elite (or whatever they call it). It has a pool too so I’ll hit a spin bike there and a swim after. (Pending my sleep all goes well).

Edited by aviatrix802 2021-06-16 8:54 AM
2021-06-16 8:53 AM
in reply to: bulfrog

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Originally posted by bulfrog

So far my week has not gone to plan.

After a good Monday, we had very heavy rain Tuesday morning, so I decided to make it a non run day. And today I slept through my alarm, so missed my run. So I'm behind schedule here.

I have foam rolled after every run, and before bed every night tho. On track for this one.

Logging, I have logged pretty well. But I have not been hitting my target. Logging is good, but planning is better. I need to do more of that.

Nicole: Nice set of goals for the week. Good luck with your juice cleanse. How's the training coming?

You can make it up later this week!! And nice job getting the foam rolling in.
Also, that's the beauty of tracking your food. It makes you aware of what you put in your body when you're not planning, so if you stick to it it's motivation to plan going forward! I will sometimes think about my day and plug it in to see what it would look like, and then I'll be like, welp, guess I'm not having that peanut butter cup or something like that as a snack later.

I've stuck to my juice cleanse really well. It's definitely harder not having someone to do it with, and tonight is the pride themed axe potluck, which I'm certain will be torture. I'm gonna bring some tupperware and bring some stuff home as motivation The hardest part of the cleanse for me is that everything is sweet, and I am a savory person, so every now and then I will just eat a little salt to get that satisfaction (I'm weird, I know).

Training is going well so far this week too. I've not pushed it too hard since I haven't been eating a ton, but I played some vball Monday, got a 3 mile run in yesterday, and went to my gym this morning to get a good HIIT workout in. I'm aiming to do my long run tomorrow, but that may depend on how I feel since I still will not have consumed anything other than juice by tomorrow morning. I am feeling really great overall though. No bloat, still have energy and I feel cleansed, so that's a plus! My skin also looks fantastic, so added bonus
2021-06-16 8:57 AM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by nicole14e
Originally posted by aviatrix802 Hi all! Before I forget, I’m Triandfly802 on MFP and Jenn H on Strava. On Strava my picture is a front shot of me on a bike in case there are many Jenn H’s. I managed some good training last week at home which I’ll fill in (still trying to sleep out here in Boise, ID). I did manage to find a gym around the corner from my hotel yesterday that’s part of my “traveling membership” so I ran for 45 minutes then jumped in their pool and did 1050 yards. My plan was for more yardage but the pool was so warm I felt so icky trying to swim. I was literally sweating in the pool. I’m still in Boise and have a brick today. When I actually get up for the day I’ll post some goals for this week based off my traveling which sometimes modifies things. I attached a photo below from flying out here. I take dozens of pictures but only posted one since it’s not a bike or beer. I did have a local beer and two samples with dinner last night!
Wow, what a view!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the hot pool. Do you know what the temp was?

Yuck, I hate hot pools.  Our recent trip to Florida had warmer pools and the one at the gym closest to me is like bath water.  I don't mind it for a short swim after a workout, but it's awful for a 2k swim or anything like that.

Indoor bike for me today,  probably 20 miles or so worth.

2021-06-16 9:36 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Hi all! Before I forget, I’m Triandfly802 on MFP and Jenn H on Strava. On Strava my picture is a front shot of me on a bike in case there are many Jenn H’s. 

You are being followed. 

There are like 1,000,000 Jenn H's on Strava!  I found you knowing you lived in VT.

That's a great picture from the best seat on the plane.  I'd love to fly with that front view vs. the porthole we get in steerage. 

2021-06-16 3:48 PM
in reply to: #5274075

User image

, Vermont
Hey, is anyone galvinnat on MFP? Someone is trying to friend me (or whatever it’s called) and want to make sure it’s one of you guys!

Mike, yeah, it’s warm, they have “baby swim” earlier in the day so the temp is much warmer than the pools I usually swim in. @ Nicole, I forgot to ask about the temp today but it’s definitely a bit warm.

Got my brick in! :45 on the spin bike here and :20 on the treadmill. Hope to score a quick power nap before I head to work all night. Finishing in Newark tomorrow morning.
2021-06-16 3:51 PM
in reply to: #5276632

User image

, Vermont
@ Nicole, way to crush it! - and with a cleanse going on too!

@ Dave, way to get that ride in.

@Nathalie, I love golf. I have only played once this year but training is priority right now.. maybe on my “rest day.”

Ack, phone’s ringing, ttyl!
2021-06-16 6:16 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Hi all! Before I forget, I’m Triandfly802 on MFP and Jenn H on Strava. On Strava my picture is a front shot of me on a bike in case there are many Jenn H’s. 

You are being followed. 

There are like 1,000,000 Jenn H's on Strava!  I found you knowing you lived in VT

And I found you by looking for Jenn H's that Mike is following, after seeing this post
2021-06-16 7:17 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Ran this morning. So that's 2 out of 4 mornings, getting better. The I.T. band felt pretty good, so hopefully that means that the short evening foam rolls are working.

Keep up the good work team
2021-06-17 12:49 AM

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Originally posted by aviatrix802

Hey, is anyone galvinnat on MFP? Someone is trying to friend me (or whatever it’s called) and want to make sure it’s one of you guys!

Yeah, that’s me, I wrote nathalie rollergirl BT as my name, I thought you’d see that and I wouldn’t have to write anything in the message field. Sorry!

Managed a short ride yesterday followed by a 2 min run to see what happens (I ran too fast off the bike and while the legs Didn’t seem to mind, I got out of breath instantly, that’s what happened)

To

2021-06-17 4:59 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Rollergirl
Originally posted by aviatrix802 Hey, is anyone galvinnat on MFP? Someone is trying to friend me (or whatever it’s called) and want to make sure it’s one of you guys!
Yeah, that’s me, I wrote nathalie rollergirl BT as my name, I thought you’d see that and I wouldn’t have to write anything in the message field. Sorry! Managed a short ride yesterday followed by a 2 min run to see what happens (I ran too fast off the bike and while the legs Didn’t seem to mind, I got out of breath instantly, that’s what happened) To

What's MFP?  I can't keep track of all the places I'm supposed to track stuff.  

2021-06-17 6:20 AM

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Juice cleanse is done! I feel great, although I did eat a couple small things at the pride potluck last night. Either way, I feel awesome and hope to keep the healthy eating going. My CSA just started (you get a share in a farm's crops so every other week I get a basket full of farm fresh, local veggies), so need to plan with those foods to make sure I'm not wasting them and I'm getting creative with recipes.

I came in to work super early because I'm WAY behind, so may not get a run in today. I have tomorrow off for Juneteenth, so although I will likely work a bit, I'm going to try to do both gym and long run tomorrow as well. Wish me luck!

2021-06-17 11:29 AM
in reply to: #5276633

User image

, Vermont
@ Mike; MFP is My Fitness Pal. It’s an app to track your food intake. If you’re truly honest when filling it out it’s remarkable to see where extra calories sneak in. During race season, particularly during build and peak stages I use it to make sure I’m actually eating enough and not cannibalizing my muscles. I have mine linked to Garmin Express so my workout deficit feeds into the app.
2021-06-17 11:31 AM
in reply to: #5276649

User image

, Vermont
@ Nathalie; I thought that was you!
2021-06-17 11:37 AM
in reply to: #5276650

User image

, Vermont
I’m in Newark, arrived this morning.. got about 3.5 hours of interrupted sleep so far (I truly love kids, even have a couple of my own)… but argh on behalf of day sleepers everywhere! Parents, please keep a handle on this!

I’m trying to finish drying my bike shorts (washed them in the sink yesterday after my workout and they’re still wet) then I guess I’ll head to the gym and pray I sleep this afternoon before working tonight. Builds character they say..

2021-06-17 11:46 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by aviatrix802 I’m in Newark, arrived this morning.. got about 3.5 hours of interrupted sleep so far (I truly love kids, even have a couple of my own)… but argh on behalf of day sleepers everywhere! Parents, please keep a handle on this! I’m trying to finish drying my bike shorts (washed them in the sink yesterday after my workout and they’re still wet) then I guess I’ll head to the gym and pray I sleep this afternoon before working tonight. Builds character they say..

On behalf of the cargo, crew, and/or passengers going with you, we hope so, too. 

Hotel room sleep is so hit or miss.  I went to a conference in Orlando a few years ago and some high school kids on a band trip were partying in the hallway until 2 AM every night.  I called down several times before going out into the hallway myself and asked them to quiet down and get into their rooms.

2021-06-17 4:27 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Another early morning run today. Had quite the discussion with myself at 5:30am about whether to get up or not. In the end I know that once I've got up, I never finish a run and wish I had stayed in bed. So despite the miserable weather this morning it's a win.

I am tired tho.

Nathalie Good job on the bike and short brick run. I always run too fast off the bike. I'm sure its because my legs want to continue at my cycling cadence rather than running one. Slowing down for the start of a brick run is always something I have to work on.

Nicole Congratulations on completing your juice cleanse. Good luck with your gym/run double tomorrow.

Jenn I know exactly what you mean about kids interrupting sleep. Although at the moment, it's my own kids causing the problems... only 18 years or so to go. How do you find the Garmin calories synced to MFP? I have my account set to sedentary, and add in workouts and activity monitoring as synced from Garmin. But I'm sure it over estimates how many calories to add.

Have a good weekend team.

Ohh, and the cricket test match world championship final between NZ and India is starting this evening. For any Americans who want to better themselves and enjoy a more civilized sport. Haha. Game time is 10pm - 5am NZ time... No sleep for me for the next week.
2021-06-19 2:59 AM

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Whohooo! It’s official, my local tri IS happenings, it was announced yesterday!!!!

So, time to start proper tri training (in between rounds of golf of course).

I need a training plan to follow but first I have to decide if I’ll do the sprint or the oly....

Happy days
2021-06-20 12:10 AM
in reply to: #5276653

User image

, Vermont
Nathalie, that’s great!!! I’m so glad some races are starting to happen!
2021-06-21 7:12 AM

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Nathalie, awesome about the tri!!

Friday, I managed to wake up early even though it was a holiday and get in both a longish run (50 minutes) and a gym workout. My shorts caused some chafing during my run, so the end was a bit painful, but I was still able to go to the gym and not be in too much pain.
Saturday I played a few hours of beach volleyball.
Sunday I was up at my parents' in PA and ran a bit of the Appalachian Trail (it basically goes through their neighborhood). Ended up doing 6.2, a nice little 10k to start the day. I made sure to clear the trail of spiderwebs (ick) for anyone coming after me. I'm supposed to have the qualifier for the Ragnar this weekend, so am hopefully ready for it. My pace was about 10 1/2 minute miles, but there wasn't a ton of elevation (about 400 ft). Gonna try to do some hills tomorrow morning before PT.

As for my goals this past week:
Nutrition
1. Log everything every day - DONE!
2. Stick to my juice cleanse - DONE!
3. Once the cleanse ends, make my own meals for the remainder of the week/eat clean. - Not done :-( Unfortunately my cleanse ended and I went back to my convenience over planning method. I didn't eat horribly, just need to get more fruits and veggies.
Training
1. 3-4 runs this week, including a long (60 minute) run - DONE! I ran Tuesday, Friday and Sunday, and got in 2 longer runs (50-65 min)
2. Try to get to swim practice Saturday morning - I chose vball over swimming this week
3. Do all my PT every day and do yoga (at least 20 minutes) twice - FAIL - I did not do my PT OR yoga :-/ at all. I'm the worst.

Goals for this week:
Nutrition
1. Continue tracking daily
2. Make good food choices! Plan my meals and eat clean at least 2/3 meals per day
Training
1. 3 runs (Tuesday (hills), Thursday, Friday) in advance of the qualifier on Sunday
2. PT (daily) and yoga (2x for 20 minutes minimum)
3. Potentially swim Saturday, although I don't want to wear myself out too much before the qualifier.

2021-06-21 9:05 AM
in reply to: #5276688

User image

, Vermont
@ Nicole: great job on hitting almost all of your goals! I’m so with you on the PT piece. Haha. I have PT Friday and haven’t really been doing my exercises for over a week now. She’s going to beat me with a wet noodle. I’ve plateaued and totally know it’s my own doing.
Good luck on the qualifier! Looks like the heat will break so temps should be nicer to run in!
2021-06-21 9:09 AM
in reply to: #5276701

User image

, Vermont
Got home midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning. Hubby and kids were at camp so theoretically I could have slept in but my body clock is all jacked up. I woke up feeling like I got kicked in the face. I was supposed to do a long bike of almost 4 hours but I hate riding late in the day so I did what I was supposed to do on Friday - an hour run. It was hot and muggy and I felt yucky. My stomach was already off in the morning and some GI distress didn’t allow me out early. I got through the run but it was ugly with cramping and everything. Blech. Hubby and kids got home while I was out for the run. Kids helped grocery shop and grill a big dinner for Father’s Day (happy Father’s Day!).
Today I hope to get my ride in though with storms coming through and it being 86 degrees it will be another trainer ride - maybe I’ll break it up into 2 2 hour rides. Tonight we go out for a belated anniversary dinner.
2021-06-21 9:12 AM
in reply to: #5276702

User image

, Vermont
Oh, I’ve been watching the IMMT Facebook page and the race is looking not so great. The border is closed until at least July 21st and they just canecelled the Montreal marathon in September. I wish Ironman would make a call so I can cancel my hotel but understand they want the city and province to make the call likely for insurance reasons.
2021-06-21 3:33 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
So how did I do? Miserable failure

Goals for last week were:

Nutrition
1. Log everything every day. No, did 6 days
2. Average under 2000 Cal/day for the week No, closer to 2,500 cal. sad face
Training
1. 5-6 runs this week No, 4 runs
2. 3-4 hours total running. No, 2 hr 42 min (although that was the most running since Ironman)
3. 10+ foam roll/stretching sessions for the week. Yes. Foam rolled every night, and stretched after 3 out of 4 runs. 10 total

Goals for next week:

Nutrition.
1. Log everything!
2. No post work snacking from the bakery on the drive home... One of my big weak points.
Training.
1. 5 runs
2. 1 run with some quality in it (tempo/interval etc.)
3. 1 run 60 min plus
4. 10+ Foam roll/stretching sessions
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open Rss Feed  

of 31