General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who is snowed or frozen in? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2021-02-15 1:08 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas
Subject: Who is snowed or frozen in?

If you are snowed in are you completing, modifying, or skipping your workout?

2021-02-15 1:44 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Who is snowed or frozen in?
We’re having a proper Swedish winter for the first time in years and I am making the most of it. Replacing swimming with cross country skiing, running with ice skating and biking with, well, biking but on ice/snow. Doesn’t go fast but it’s a hell of a workout.

Then again I am not training for any particular race, just enjoying myself.

2021-02-15 5:43 PM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Cypress, Texas

My wife is from Wyoming, which is very snowy region of the country, and I am from Oklahoma which is much further south.  When my wife moved to Oklahoma I told her to expect a good snowstorm every year with temperatures down to about -15 deg C for a week then things would warm up all the snow and ice would melt and we would it would be around 4-5 deg C for the rest of the winter.  Well she has lived in Oklahoma for 8 years now and this is the first good snow storm we have had here.  Today I was wishing I had cross country skis.  THe snow is amazing right now and the day was really nice at about -10 deg C and sunny.  I didn;t swim/bike/or run but FitBit logged 125 minutes of exercize from the time I spent shoveling the driveway.  I still might do my 60 min. bike trainer workout tonight, but I am not training for anything specific either so I am focusing on having fun and shoveling the driveway probably filled that category for me today.

2021-02-16 12:30 AM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Fun fact: -40C is the same temperature as -40F, and we've been very close to that a number of nights over the last week or so. Some days weren't warming up to any better than mid -20s C either. The cold snap is supposed to be breaking over the next few days though. At least when it's that cold, the air is dry and the little snow we did have was light powder that hardly took more than a broom to clear away most days.
2021-02-16 1:00 AM

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Originally posted by BlueBoy26

My wife is from Wyoming, which is very snowy region of the country, and I am from Oklahoma which is much further south.  When my wife moved to Oklahoma I told her to expect a good snowstorm every year with temperatures down to about -15 deg C for a week then things would warm up all the snow and ice would melt and we would it would be around 4-5 deg C for the rest of the winter.  Well she has lived in Oklahoma for 8 years now and this is the first good snow storm we have had here.  Today I was wishing I had cross country skis.  THe snow is amazing right now and the day was really nice at about -10 deg C and sunny.  I didn;t swim/bike/or run but FitBit logged 125 minutes of exercize from the time I spent shoveling the driveway.  I still might do my 60 min. bike trainer workout tonight, but I am not training for anything specific either so I am focusing on having fun and shoveling the driveway probably filled that category for me today.

Oh yeah, I forgot that, shoveling the driveway instead of strength training at the gym!
2021-02-16 1:04 AM
in reply to: Micawber

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Originally posted by Micawber

Fun fact: -40C is the same temperature as -40F, and we've been very close to that a number of nights over the last week or so. Some days weren't warming up to any better than mid -20s C either. The cold snap is supposed to be breaking over the next few days though. At least when it's that cold, the air is dry and the little snow we did have was light powder that hardly took more than a broom to clear away most days.

Brrr, that’s cold! Snot-freezing cold! We’ve had -18 C as the coldest night/morning. Warmer now (-5 C or so at night, 0 C during the day) and the forecast is predicting + temperatures from the end of the week. Oh well, we had a good one, Some Spring weather will be nice too.

2021-02-16 6:15 AM
in reply to: Micawber

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Micawber Fun fact: -40C is the same temperature as -40F, and we've been very close to that a number of nights over the last week or so. Some days weren't warming up to any better than mid -20s C either. The cold snap is supposed to be breaking over the next few days though. At least when it's that cold, the air is dry and the little snow we did have was light powder that hardly took more than a broom to clear away most days.

I can't imagine living in that.

We've had the usual mid-Atlantic winter (well, it used to be usual, the last 3-4 have been pretty warm): chilly rain, some sleet, then snow, then some freezing rain on top of it, all making a really nice wet heavy gray slurry to push around and shovel.  Haven't seen the sun in almost a week for like the 2nd or 3rd time this season.  So never rally snowed or frozen in, but just bleh. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who is snowed or frozen in? Rss Feed