General Discussion Triathlon Talk » under pronation Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2021-04-21 10:58 AM

User image

Subject: under pronation
Hii everyone! It's been quite a few years since I posted. I have been keeping up with the running and swimming but not so much the biking lately. My question has to do with my running gait, which wears down the bottom of my left shoe, only on the outer side and only in one area of it (mid to forefoot). I think I may be a supinator as I have very high arches and that might be causing this pattern of wear. Is there any way to minimize this issue? I don't have any foot pain, although sometimes my left knee has some soreness.

2021-04-21 7:36 PM
in reply to: Caroleena

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: under pronation

Hello and welcome back.  I'd talk to a physio or PT about it and see if it's actually something to worry about.

I get some weird wear patterns on my shoes but I think everyone just has a natural running style (over/under pronator, heel striker, toe striker, whatever) and the more we mess with it the worse we wind up.

2021-04-21 8:30 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Subject: RE: under pronation
good point. I've kind of been thinking about that myself. Why fix if it ain't broke? If I knew that many people get inconsistent wear patterns on their shoes it would reassure me that it might be normal... at least, for me!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » under pronation Rss Feed