General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Clydesdale Beginner Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2021-05-21 1:46 PM

Subject: Hello from Clydesdale Beginner
Hello everyone. I recently signed up at BT because I am doing my first spring Tri on August 7th at the Rose Bowl. I have never done a triathlon before but I have always loved riding my bike and I was on the swim team in high school. I played college football as an offensive lineman and then continued to eat like an offensive lineman for a long time after I stopped playing. In the last year, I have lost 75 lbs and I'm sitting at about 290. I know, I'm still a big dude. Running is going to be the hardest part for me. But honestly, its feeling much easier lately with 75 lbs less to haul around.

Any tips and recommendations for a complete novice in this sport is welcome! Also, if you live in the Inland Empire area of Southern California, reach out and lets chat/train. Thanks every one.
2021-05-24 7:20 AM
in reply to: asipes60

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Hello from Clydesdale Beginner
Hello and welcome!
Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! That's awesome!

What is the distance of the triathlon at the Rose Bowl?
I'd suggest grabbing one of our training plans for that distance, and paying attention to the details in it. Since I can see you are a Silver Member, you can get some of the training plans that have really specific coaching in each workout, such as riding the bike trying to maintain a certain pedal cadence, or doing your run/walk up and down a hill on certain days.

We also have a ton of well-researched articles you can read, and there are folks on the Triathlon Talk forum who will answer your specific questions as they come up.

Here is a link to a set of three articles that talk about what you REALLY need to buy, vs what are fun-to-have things:
https://beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=2950
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Clydesdale Beginner Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hello

Started by jbjune
Views: 493 Posts: 3

2020-12-02 11:21 PM davidr39

Hello Everybody!

Started by sefuller
Views: 842 Posts: 5

2021-04-08 3:11 AM carlSmith0