General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin Vector 2 pedals calibration Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2021-06-08 7:15 AM

Subject: Garmin Vector 2 pedals calibration
when i want to calibrate the vector 2 pedals (on the trainer), i go to the sensor option, choose the power meter and select calibrate. it instructs you to unclip from the pedals and select 'calibrate' , the pedals/crank is in vertical position. it takes a few seconds and then tells me calibration is successful, most of the time there is no value but sometimes it will give a number. Is that all there is to it ?

I ask this because if i insert a new battery and start cycling outside it asks you to pedal until you reach 90 rpm, however i cant do that until im in an area free of traffic, by that time the option do to do that is over and for some reason it wont give you that option again
so for a proper calibration, is it a necessity to perform the 90 rpm cadence to calibrate? or is unclipping from pedals leaving them in a vertical position and calibrating sufficient ?

2021-06-09 4:48 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Garmin Vector 2 pedals calibration
There are two types of calibration :

There is a first step that you do after installation (or moving one bike to the other). That involves spinning the cranks at 90rpm as you saw. They refer to this as "Setting install angles". This is a necessary step to get accurate power numbers.

When you change the batteries, it forces you to redo this step

Then, every session you can do a second type of calibration, also known as "zeroing", and you do this from your head unit. This is what you are seeing.

There is a way to re-initiate the "Setting install angles". I could try and find it. Removing and replacing the battery will do it as well. You can do it on the trainer if you want.

Edited by marcag 2021-06-09 4:49 AM
2021-06-11 6:55 AM
in reply to: marcag

Subject: RE: Garmin Vector 2 pedals calibration
thank you
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin Vector 2 pedals calibration Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Garmin and Ransomware

Started by nickster
Views: 590 Posts: 5

2020-07-27 9:01 AM juniperjen

how do you factory reset the garmin 920xt?

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 4839 Posts: 5

2021-04-24 5:34 AM karrjmece9