of 4

2021-08-12 8:22 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Vaccine or not?

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by Left Brain

How many unvaccinated previously infected people are getting sick and hospitalized? 

Hint:  Almost none.

You're arguing a different point..  Unvaxed veterans of COVID infections have some immunity, but not as much as those vaccinated.  From the CDC study conducted in KY:

"Although laboratory evidence suggests that antibody responses following COVID-19 vaccination provide better neutralization of some circulating variants than does natural infection (1,2), few real-world epidemiologic studies exist to support the benefit of vaccination for previously infected persons. This report details the findings of a case-control evaluation of the association between vaccination and SARS-CoV-2 reinfection in Kentucky during May–June 2021 among persons previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020. Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated (odds ratio [OR] = 2.34; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.58–3.47). These findings suggest that among persons with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, full vaccination provides additional protection against reinfection. To reduce their risk of infection, all eligible persons should be offered vaccination, even if they have been previously infected with SARS-CoV-2.*"

You're not the low-hanging fruit, LB.  There are plenty of unvaxed, previously un-infected people filling up hospitals in the south right now.

We'll come after you later. 

Maybe.... go read the study that the Cleveland clinic just did.  Previously infected and unvaccinated fared the best and, obviously, unvaccinated folks fared the worst, with vaccinated people somewhere in between as far as contracting covid.  Anecdotally, I know quite a few people who have tested positive despite being vaccinated....I know NOBODY who was previously infected who has tested positive.  As of Monday, I still have the antibodies.  I'm good with my natural immunity....you won't come for me....I'm in a position in my life where I don't have to do anything I don't want to do.

Edited by Left Brain 2021-08-12 8:22 AM

2021-08-12 8:52 AM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Synon

Originally posted by Rogillio

Good point! Vaccinated people are like a religious cult….now, c’mon, drink some more koolade. Two glasses might not be enough….you might need a booster glass every so often.

On a related note, it has come out now that even if you are vaccinated you can still transmit the virus. Which means you are no safer around vaxed than you are around unvaxed. Go figure.

It's nothing more than "koolaid" to you?

Well, not Kool-ade per se……

CBS news:
Nurse suspected of giving thousands in Germany saline solution instead of COVID-19 vaccine.

2021-08-12 10:42 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Left Brain
Previously infected and unvaccinated fared the best and, obviously, unvaccinated folks fared the worst, with vaccinated people somewhere in between as far as contracting covid. 

They said the following

Interestingly, no significant difference in COVID-19 incidence was observed between previously infected and currently unvaccinated participants, previously infected and currently vaccinated participants, and previously uninfected and currently vaccinated participants.

The participants from these three groups exhibited a significantly lower incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection compared to previously uninfected and currently unvaccinated participants.

Your point that a previously infected person, that recovered, does not need the vaccine makes perfect sense.

We should not be saying "people with vaccines are safe", it should be "people with antibodies are safe". You can get the antibodies through vaccination or recovering from Covid.

Then we can argue what is a safer way to get the antibodies.

2021-08-12 10:47 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by Left Brain Previously infected and unvaccinated fared the best and, obviously, unvaccinated folks fared the worst, with vaccinated people somewhere in between as far as contracting covid. 
They said the following Interestingly, no significant difference in COVID-19 incidence was observed between previously infected and currently unvaccinated participants, previously infected and currently vaccinated participants, and previously uninfected and currently vaccinated participants. The participants from these three groups exhibited a significantly lower incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection compared to previously uninfected and currently unvaccinated participants. Your point that a previously infected person, that recovered, does not need the vaccine makes perfect sense. We should not be saying "people with vaccines are safe", it should be "people with antibodies are safe". You can get the antibodies through vaccination or recovering from Covid. Then we can argue what is a safer way to get the antibodies.

Agree 100% with that statement.

Fine, we'll leave you alone, LB.  Plus, you have guns, so there's that. 

Edited by jmhpsu93 2021-08-12 10:50 AM
2021-08-12 11:06 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Left Brain Previously infected and unvaccinated fared the best and, obviously, unvaccinated folks fared the worst, with vaccinated people somewhere in between as far as contracting covid. 
They said the following Interestingly, no significant difference in COVID-19 incidence was observed between previously infected and currently unvaccinated participants, previously infected and currently vaccinated participants, and previously uninfected and currently vaccinated participants. The participants from these three groups exhibited a significantly lower incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection compared to previously uninfected and currently unvaccinated participants. Your point that a previously infected person, that recovered, does not need the vaccine makes perfect sense. We should not be saying "people with vaccines are safe", it should be "people with antibodies are safe". You can get the antibodies through vaccination or recovering from Covid. Then we can argue what is a safer way to get the antibodies.

Well, for the first year I didn't have a choice.  I was exposed numerous times per day, every day that I worked. I came to a realization that I didn't need to worry about contracting covid.  I had no comorbidities and I was obviously not easily infected.  I had lived with my daughter and wife while they had it,  rode in vehicles with people who had it, etc.  I decided that I would not get the vaccine in Feb when it was made available to me......I'm not anti-vax, but I am anti-medication-that-I-don't-think-I-need.  I finally got the virus in May....no idea where from.  It was nothing.  I lost my taste and smell, felt like I had a bit of a summer cold, and was able to work out my typical 4 days the week I was home from work.

I'm happy to be where I am with the anti-bodies.  My entire family has now had it, including the 90 year old mother-in-law.  No problems.  None of us will be vaccinated. (although I have tried to talk MIL into it because of her age....but that's going nowhere)

Again, we're not anti-vax and I have no problem with people being vaccinated....it's a nasty bug for some folks.  But, we don't take much medicine and we've never given our kids much medicine.  A robust and functioning immune system is a good thing.

2021-08-12 11:08 AM

User image

Pro

sorry....double post

Edited by Left Brain 2021-08-12 11:09 AM

2021-08-12 2:52 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by Rogillio Pushing fear and shame has a tendency to backfire.
Dunno Rog, it's been a pretty effective strategy for religion for quite some time.
Good point! Vaccinated people are like a religious cult….now, c’mon, drink some more koolade. Two glasses might not be enough….you might need a booster glass every so often. On a related note, it has come out now that even if you are vaccinated you can still transmit the virus. Which means you are no safer around vaxed than you are around unvaxed. Go figure.

Wrong.  Please the explain why 95+% of all hospitalizations and deaths are among the unvaccinated?  In Maryland it's closer to 100%.  If what you're saying were true, then the percentage would better reflect the vaxed vs. unvaxed population.

That data is from a time period when 90% of the population was not vaccinated. It's not current. Current US and international cases are NOT mostly in the unvaccinated population -- it's fairly evenly split, to even tipping toward the vaccinated representing the majority.
The characterization of the current state being "a pandemic of the unvaccinated" is simply to further a divide.

2021-08-12 3:24 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by briderdt

Originally posted by Rogillio Pushing fear and shame has a tendency to backfire.
Dunno Rog, it's been a pretty effective strategy for religion for quite some time.
Good point! Vaccinated people are like a religious cult….now, c’mon, drink some more koolade. Two glasses might not be enough….you might need a booster glass every so often. On a related note, it has come out now that even if you are vaccinated you can still transmit the virus. Which means you are no safer around vaxed than you are around unvaxed. Go figure.

Wrong.  Please the explain why 95+% of all hospitalizations and deaths are among the unvaccinated?  In Maryland it's closer to 100%.  If what you're saying were true, then the percentage would better reflect the vaxed vs. unvaxed population.

That data is from a time period when 90% of the population was not vaccinated. It's not current. Current US and international cases are NOT mostly in the unvaccinated population -- it's fairly evenly split, to even tipping toward the vaccinated representing the majority.
The characterization of the current state being "a pandemic of the unvaccinated" is simply to further a divide.

I said hospitalizations and deaths, not cases.  My data is from my governor's press conference about a week ago.

2021-08-12 3:24 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Exactly! I’ve been seeing the same thing and thinking the same thing! I see the talks heads say 98% of covid of deaths are from unvaccinated! And I’m thinking 98% of covid deaths occurred before the vaccine was fielded! So of course the majority of deaths are among the unvaccinated. Tell us the number of covid deaths among the vaccinated. Tell us the number of covid deaths without comorbidity. The CDC has lost all credibility. Case in point is them reporting daily total for Florida as record high when it was actually a 3 day total not daily.

Don’t pisz on my back and tell me it’s raining.
2021-08-12 3:30 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Exactly! I’ve been seeing the same thing and thinking the same thing! I see the talks heads say 98% of covid of deaths are from unvaccinated! And I’m thinking 98% of covid deaths occurred before the vaccine was fielded! So of course the majority of deaths are among the unvaccinated. Tell us the number of covid deaths among the vaccinated. Tell us the number of covid deaths without comorbidity. The CDC has lost all credibility. Case in point is them reporting daily total for Florida as record high when it was actually a 3 day total not daily. Don’t pisz on my back and tell me it’s raining.

What part of "every single death in the state of Maryland resulting from COVID during the month of June 2021 was an unvaccinated individual?"

And tell me the number of deaths in total from all causes without comorbidity?

2021-08-12 4:33 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Champion
Alabama

Exactly! I’ve been seeing the same thing and thinking the same thing! I see the talks heads say 98% of covid of deaths are from unvaccinated! And I’m thinking 98% of covid deaths occurred before the vaccine was fielded! So of course the majority of deaths are among the unvaccinated. Tell us the number of covid deaths among the vaccinated. Tell us the number of covid deaths without comorbidity. The CDC has lost all credibility. Case in point is them reporting daily total for Florida as record high when it was actually a 3 day total not daily. Don’t pisz on my back and tell me it’s raining.

What part of "every single death in the state of Maryland resulting from COVID during the month of June 2021 was an unvaccinated individual?"

Well of course you have to first believe the gubment numbers. The reporting and number fudging is well documented. Mainly with reporting no covid deaths as covid death. As in “he had a gunshot would to the head but tested positive for covid, covid death.”

Look, at this point my distrust of the gubment can’t get any lower. Their guidelines are about control.

The CDC banning evictions is totally unconstitutional! They do not make laws! But even is Congress passed the law it is unconstitutional. If I have a property that I own who are you to tell me I cannot collect rent? It’s called nationalization of housing. The gubment just took over your private property and gave it to the public. This just disgusts
me.

People need to WTFU and reliable what is going on in this country.

2021-08-12 6:45 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Current US and international cases are NOT mostly in the unvaccinated population -- it's fairly evenly split, to even tipping toward the vaccinated representing the majority.

Ontario is splitting all it's numbers between vaccinated and not
Today looked like every day for the last 2 weeks

"234 of the cases logged are in unvaccinated people. 32 were found in partially vaccinated people and 58 cases were logged in those who are fully vaccinated. Of the 108 people in hospital with the disease, six patients are fully vaccinated."

This mirrors pretty closely what the UK is seeing. Neither country cares about the political BS and divide going on in the US

2021-08-13 5:58 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Champion
Alabama

Current US and international cases are NOT mostly in the unvaccinated population -- it's fairly evenly split, to even tipping toward the vaccinated representing the majority.

Ontario is splitting all it's numbers between vaccinated and not
Today looked like every day for the last 2 weeks

"234 of the cases logged are in unvaccinated people. 32 were found in partially vaccinated people and 58 cases were logged in those who are fully vaccinated. Of the 108 people in hospital with the disease, six patients are fully vaccinated."

This mirrors pretty closely what the UK is seeing. Neither country cares about the political BS and divide going on in the US

To be diagnosed with covid one needs to be tested. I would guess vaxed people would be less inclined to be tested since they are vexed. The spike in the number of new cases is partially drive by the media pushing the fear of the delta variant. So if testing spikes, so will number of cases.

Seems like the only real benefit of the vax is to reduce the severity for some people. But remember, the vast majority, like 98%, of infected people do not go into the hospital.
2021-08-13 9:49 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Well of course you have to first believe the gubment numbers. The reporting and number fudging is well documented. Mainly with reporting no covid deaths as covid death. As in “he had a gunshot would to the head but tested positive for covid, covid death.” Look, at this point my distrust of the gubment can’t get any lower. Their guidelines are about control. The CDC banning evictions is totally unconstitutional! They do not make laws! But even is Congress passed the law it is unconstitutional. If I have a property that I own who are you to tell me I cannot collect rent? It’s called nationalization of housing. The gubment just took over your private property and gave it to the public. This just disgusts me. People need to WTFU and reliable what is going on in this country.

This is gonna end in a fiery crash.....watch and see.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Vaccine or not? Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Vaccine left/right

Started by Rogillio
Views: 1291 Posts: 18

2021-06-09 5:53 AM Rogillio

Will you get the vaccine shot? Pages: 1 2

Started by Rogillio
Views: 1988 Posts: 29

2020-12-31 11:58 PM chirunner134