General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Is there a way to see day-by-day comparison of watts in Garmin Connect? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2021-11-03 10:42 PM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: Is there a way to see day-by-day comparison of watts in Garmin Connect?
I use Zwift to ride indoors on Wahoo Kickr Core. So that provides power data that is pretty accurate, and sends it to Garmin at the end of the ride.
I can see the workout details in the app.
But it seems like the only way to look at my power and see if it's better or worse than yesterday or last week is to open up each individual workout and click through to the correct data display and look. I'd love to see a read-out of each of the last 14 days and its average power.

Has anyone solved this?

2021-11-05 1:53 PM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Is there a way to see day-by-day comparison of watts in Garmin Connect?

Hi, Alice.  If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to find it under Reports > Cycling > Average Power.  It lets you show 7 days, 4 weeks, 6 months or a year.  That's on the web site...I'll check later on the app.

I'm not sure average power is particularly useful as not all watts are equal.  I use Normalized power to track progress, unless you're talking about specific interval testing like an FTP test.

2021-11-10 6:15 PM

User image

Franklin, TN
Subject: RE: Is there a way to see day-by-day comparison of watts in Garmin Connect?

You can look at your power curve in Strava using whatever time frame you want.  I think the default values are last 6 weeks vs all year.

2021-11-16 1:56 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
South Windsor, CT
Alice

go to Garmin Connect dashboard
click 'activities'
click 'cycling'--the icon of a bike at the top column

at the right side, there is a little up/down/up arrow like thingy-when you hover over that, it will say 'edit metrics'-
click that

drag whatever power metric you want to compare-ie NP, AP

then you can look at your activities, cycling only, and see the power data listed by activity and scroll up and down to see

if you click on the power metric directly, it'll sort by lowest>highest or opposite if you do it again

you can also go into 'advanced' and limit the date range or distance...

GL

Edited by dtoce 2021-11-16 1:58 PM
2021-12-01 2:56 PM
in reply to: dtoce

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Originally posted by dtoce

Alice

click 'activities'

at the right side, there is a little up/down/up arrow like thingy-when you hover over that, it will say 'edit metrics'-
click that

then you can look at your activities, cycling only, and see the power data listed by activity and scroll up and down to see

if you click on the power metric directly, it'll sort by lowest>highest or opposite if you do it again

GL

OK, this seemed like it was going to work.
Here's what happened.
I logged into Garmin Connect on the web. I could see today's workout, so I know it's the right account and there is data in it.
Then I clicked on Activities and there's a blank white screen.
I clicked on All Activities for good measure and same thing. Attaching image. Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

(Garmin_Connect Activities.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Garmin_Connect Activities.jpg (419KB - 15 downloads)
2021-12-15 11:46 AM

User image

Veteran
South Windsor, CT
That’s odd…it’s as if there are no stored activities in garmin connect. Maybe reload it?

When I click on activities in garmin connect, I get a complete list of activities

2021-12-26 10:39 PM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
If I click "Steps" or "Floors" there is data there, but if I click "All Activities" there is nothing, even if I reload, resync, etc.
:-(
2021-12-27 8:19 AM

User image

Veteran
South Windsor, CT
not 'reload' but 'reinstall' the garmin connect ap-the data won't be deleted
2021-12-28 10:01 AM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member

not 'reload' but 'reinstall' the garmin connect ap-the data won't be deleted

I'm looking at it in my browser, so I'm not sure what re-installing would look like. Do you mean delete my watch and reconnect it? Log out and log in?

I tried downloading the app on my computer, but it says it's only for phones. I have it on my phone of course, but I can't see the screen you are referencing on the phone. It's not big enough.
2021-12-28 4:42 PM

User image

Veteran
South Windsor, CT
huh?

I have garmin connect on my PC at work and at home. That may well be the problem. It is the 'main location' for all the activities to store.

Try to figure out the correct way to load it on your computer.

LMK

2021-12-30 11:39 AM

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by alicefoeller

Alice

click 'activities'

click that

GL

Here's what happened.
I logged into Garmin Connect on the web. I could see today's workout, so I know it's the right account and there is data in it.
I clicked on All Activities for good measure and same thing. Attaching image. Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

Which browser is that you're using? I'm using Mozilla Firefox and it loads all my activities when I click the same menu item. Maybe clear the cache and reconnect?

Roland

2022-01-12 2:24 AM

User image

Comprehensive
2022-02-15 9:51 PM
in reply to: kloofyroland

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Yes, this was the problem. Works great in Firefox. For some reason doesn't work at all in Chrome on a Mac.
Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

Originally posted by kloofyroland

Originally posted by alicefoeller

Alice

click 'activities'

click that

GL

Here's what happened.

Which browser is that you're using? I'm using Mozilla Firefox and it loads all my activities when I click the same menu item. Maybe clear the cache and reconnect?

Roland
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Is there a way to see day-by-day comparison of watts in Garmin Connect? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Nutrition provided on race day

Started by Hankmoon
Views: 821 Posts: 1

2021-09-23 5:18 PM TriMyBest

Garmin Vector 2 pedals calibration

Started by Greedo100
Views: 551 Posts: 3

2021-06-11 6:55 AM Greedo100

Am I Able to Become a Decent Swimmer?

Started by Cap0414
Views: 874 Posts: 6

2021-05-17 5:09 PM Micawber

First Back to Back races one day after the next?

Started by Jeff Maule
Views: 1094 Posts: 5

2021-03-31 5:38 PM frenzers

how do you factory reset the garmin 920xt?

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 4839 Posts: 5

2021-04-24 5:34 AM karrjmece9