General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weakness/Fatigue 2 Months after IM Wisconsin Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2021-11-10 12:15 PM

Subject: Weakness/Fatigue 2 Months after IM Wisconsin
Hi all, I finished IM Wisconsin about 2 months ago, and ever since I have been experiencing some minor cognitive issues and muscle weakness/fatigue throughout my body that has made it difficult to get back into training. I've read that this is normal for this to occur for a few weeks following an IM, but I'm now at 2 months with no apparent improvement even though I've spent most of that time resting. I haven't been able to swim farther than 1000 yds or bike longer than a half hour because my body will stop allowing me to move. I'm also eating not that much less than I was during my training, so I'm not sure if it's a dietary issue. Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience and/or has any advice before I jump the gun and see a neurologist. Thanks in advance.

2021-11-11 10:04 AM
in reply to: Lab_B203

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Weakness/Fatigue 2 Months after IM Wisconsin

I'd go see your primary care physician before a neurologist.  They'll probably want to do blood work so you might want to call them and let them know what's going on so you can get that done in advance. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weakness/Fatigue 2 Months after IM Wisconsin Rss Feed