BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-05-03 5:01 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Originally posted by jmkizer

I did well at the National Duathlon meet.  I was 2nd place in my age group. 

Woo hoo!

Does this mean that you are going to Ibiza, Spain???

I went ahead and claimed my spot so I would have the option, but at this point, I don't know.  My only time to the Mediterranean Sea was in 1997 when I traveled to Italy with my Humanities teacher on an Art Trip.  I loved the area and wanted to go back someday.  Also, when I got my Spanish Degree I was going to treat myself to a graduation gift and make a Trip to Spain.  I didn't have a job when I graduated and thought I better get the job before I took the trip.  Well...when I found a Job they wanted me to start the next week, so I still owe myself a trip to Spain. Ibiza would fit a lot of the bucket list items. 

My Teammate (also from NC, I see that you two both ride in Umstead on the same routes) has done Duathlon Worlds that past couple of years.  She was 6th overall in the Women's field and will be going to Ibiza.  She has filled me in on some of the details of making a Worlds trip and so if I do go I will have the built-in support of a teammate in-the-know to make everything go smoothly.  

Sounds like fate and the universe want you to go back to Spain!

2022-05-04 6:13 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by lisac957

Roll call for Chatty 70.3? Who else will be there with me? 

I'm supposed to be there - still having a hard time getting psyched up to do it! 

You two will both rock it!

2022-05-04 9:51 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Cypress, Texas

Originally posted by JBacarella

Woo hoo!

I went ahead and claimed my spot so I would have the option, but at this point, I don't know.  My only time to the Mediterranean Sea was in 1997 when I traveled to Italy with my Humanities teacher on an Art Trip.  I loved the area and wanted to go back someday.  Also, when I got my Spanish Degree I was going to treat myself to a graduation gift and make a Trip to Spain.  I didn't have a job when I graduated and thought I better get the job before I took the trip.  Well...when I found a Job they wanted me to start the next week, so I still owe myself a trip to Spain. Ibiza would fit a lot of the bucket list items. 

My Teammate (also from NC, I see that you two both ride in Umstead on the same routes) has done Duathlon Worlds that past couple of years.  She was 6th overall in the Women's field and will be going to Ibiza.  She has filled me in on some of the details of making a Worlds trip and so if I do go I will have the built-in support of a teammate in-the-know to make everything go smoothly.  

Very exciting stuff! It's super fun that it's even a possibility!

Super Cool! My vote that does not could says Do it!

Oh...every vote counts.  :-)

2022-05-04 9:52 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Woo hoo!

In that case Doooo Eeeetttt!!!!!

2022-05-04 1:14 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Woo hoo!

In that case Doooo Eeeetttt!!!!!

+3!
2022-05-06 6:29 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Today is Judi Z's last day working full time.  Yup, QueenZipp is retiring!  Please stop by her training blog and wish this Manatee alum well!

2022-05-06 7:54 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Today is Judi Z's last day working full time.  Yup, QueenZipp is retiring!  Please stop by her training blog and wish this Manatee alum well!

Super Jelly! How awesome for her!
2022-05-06 8:01 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Amazing - wishing her the best! Though her blog is restricted Hope you see this Judi! 

2022-05-06 8:07 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

It's been a tough few years to work in a hospital.  I wish her the best.

2022-05-06 10:52 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

May 7-8
Leanne - White Lake Sprint trip on Sunday

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2022-05-07 10:45 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Nope, just trying to keep from getting hailed on. No decent weather (dry, 60+) forecast until next Saturday! ETA I just went back and looked at my log in Training Peaks, where I usually comment on the weather. It seems we have had exactly 15 "nice" days (as in fairly sunny, not freezing cold) so far in 2022.

Edited by Hot Runner 2022-05-07 10:52 AM

2022-05-07 5:33 PM

User image

nope just working since it rained all weekend. My next race is a sprint du in June. Training wise as some of you have seen on strava, I have been getting in the pool. Swim is progressing. It is still not pretty, but coming along. I have been on the bike a couple times and actually had a brick planned this weekend.

Is anybody coming to Tulsa in two weeks for the Ironman? If so let me know. I have several friends in that race and I will be there to cheer them on.
2022-05-08 8:02 PM
in reply to: scoty

User image

Expert
I doubt I will use tri-bike transport again. My bike came back beat up. The hanger was bent, there was rub damage on one of the stickers and handle bars and my breaks were twisted. Mostly cosmetic but I'm not happy and sent them a strongly worded email. It cost me $20.00 to have the bike shop straighten the hanger. The mechanic said he always checks the bikes, because tri-bike is not gentle with the bikes. I would have been better off buying my daughter a bike carrier for her car (that she will never use again) and flying it with me.
2022-05-09 6:27 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella I doubt I will use tri-bike transport again. My bike came back beat up. The hanger was bent, there was rub damage on one of the stickers and handle bars and my breaks were twisted. Mostly cosmetic but I'm not happy and sent them a strongly worded email. It cost me $20.00 to have the bike shop straighten the hanger. The mechanic said he always checks the bikes, because tri-bike is not gentle with the bikes. I would have been better off buying my daughter a bike carrier for her car (that she will never use again) and flying it with me.

Oh Jim, I am so sorry to hear this :-(

2022-05-09 6:47 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella I doubt I will use tri-bike transport again. My bike came back beat up. The hanger was bent, there was rub damage on one of the stickers and handle bars and my breaks were twisted. Mostly cosmetic but I'm not happy and sent them a strongly worded email. It cost me $20.00 to have the bike shop straighten the hanger. The mechanic said he always checks the bikes, because tri-bike is not gentle with the bikes. I would have been better off buying my daughter a bike carrier for her car (that she will never use again) and flying it with me.

Wow, that is terrible! Thank goodness it wasn't more severe and didn't happen on the way to the race! I hope they give an appropriate response to your e-mail. 

2022-05-09 4:32 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

I doubt I will use tri-bike transport again. My bike came back beat up. The hanger was bent, there was rub damage on one of the stickers and handle bars and my breaks were twisted. Mostly cosmetic but I'm not happy and sent them a strongly worded email. It cost me $20.00 to have the bike shop straighten the hanger. The mechanic said he always checks the bikes, because tri-bike is not gentle with the bikes. I would have been better off buying my daughter a bike carrier for her car (that she will never use again) and flying it with me.

Wow! Are you kidding me? Was it insured? Did they take responsibility for it?

2022-05-09 4:33 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by amd723

Wow, that is terrible! Thank goodness it wasn't more severe and didn't happen on the way to the race! I hope they give an appropriate response to your e-mail. 

So true that it didn't happen before the race!
2022-05-10 8:03 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Oh god please don't tell me this. We're both booked on TBT for Portland
2022-05-11 8:01 AM

User image

Expert

When you get there, just get an appointment with the on-site mechanic and do the tune up, just to make sure there are no issues. I was lucky, that the bike shop that does the pick-up and drop off always checks the bikes when they get back. It happened that I checked/washed my bike the morning of drop off and it did not have that damage in Texas.
Issues can happen in the airport or on the back of your car too. I'm sure your bikes will be okay, it's just a matter of diligence.
2022-05-11 8:08 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

When you get there, just get an appointment with the on-site mechanic and do the tune up, just to make sure there are no issues. I was lucky, that the bike shop that does the pick-up and drop off always checks the bikes when they get back. It happened that I checked/washed my bike the morning of drop off and it did not have that damage in Texas. Issues can happen in the airport or on the back of your car too. I'm sure your bikes will be okay, it's just a matter of diligence.

Good ideas here.  Clean bike before drop off. If it's "your" shop, ask them to do a quick inspection.  Make an appointment at pick up location for a quick tune up/once over.  Have your "home" shop check it on the return trip.

Honestly, even if I were flying with it, I think the appointment with the on-site mechanic might be a good plan.

Wrestling two bike carriers through and airport + finding a rental car to haul them around <<< does not sound fun!

2022-05-11 8:56 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

When you get there, just get an appointment with the on-site mechanic and do the tune up, just to make sure there are no issues. I was lucky, that the bike shop that does the pick-up and drop off always checks the bikes when they get back. It happened that I checked/washed my bike the morning of drop off and it did not have that damage in Texas. Issues can happen in the airport or on the back of your car too. I'm sure your bikes will be okay, it's just a matter of diligence.

Good ideas here.  Clean bike before drop off. If it's "your" shop, ask them to do a quick inspection.  Make an appointment at pick up location for a quick tune up/once over.  Have your "home" shop check it on the return trip.

Honestly, even if I were flying with it, I think the appointment with the on-site mechanic might be a good plan.

Wrestling two bike carriers through and airport + finding a rental car to haul them around <<< does not sound fun!

Thank you. I will definitely do this!

2022-05-11 6:11 PM

User image

Expert

Thank you. I will definitely do this!

I started paying for the tune up the first time I flew my bike. I liked riding knowing it was tuned up and in good shape.
Cleaning it before drop off was a new idea. I will leave it at my bike was disgusting!
2022-05-13 2:44 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

May 14-15
Anne - Vino Fondo, Defiance, MO

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

2022-05-13 5:27 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

Racing Manatees!!!

May 14-15
Anne - Vino Fondo, Defiance, MO

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Have a great time, Anne! What kind of race is it?
2022-05-13 6:04 PM
in reply to: #5279172

Good luck this weekend to anyone racing.

I am entertaining my parents and in-laws. Daughter graduates high school on Tuesday, so we've been busy with all that goes with that.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 26585 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93