BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-05-13 7:09 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

May 14-15
Anne - Vino Fondo, Defiance, MO

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

Have a great Race!

2022-05-13 7:19 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by marysia83

Racing Manatees!!!

May 14-15
Anne - Vino Fondo, Defiance, MO

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Have a great time, Anne! What kind of race is it?

Go Anne!

The exciting thing I'm planning Saturday is my first OWS and first time in a wetsuit in 3 years

2022-05-18 3:56 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

Have been pretty busy this past week with a packed house of relatives, but got my daughter graduated last night. It's crazy to think I produced a valedictorian. She had a great week, and ended up with about 1.5 years of college paid for in local scholarships (she applied for over 50 of them).

Also wanted to wish Lisa and Melanie good luck this weekend at Chattanooga. You are both going to kill it!!!! Will be tracking you on the IM app, can't wait to see you get through!!!!
2022-05-18 10:12 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Congrats on the valedictorian.  That is pretty impressive.  Scholarship money is nice too.  I am sure it will all be a good investment for the donors.

2022-05-19 6:17 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by alaskatri Have been pretty busy this past week with a packed house of relatives, but got my daughter graduated last night. It's crazy to think I produced a valedictorian. She had a great week, and ended up with about 1.5 years of college paid for in local scholarships (she applied for over 50 of them). Also wanted to wish Lisa and Melanie good luck this weekend at Chattanooga. You are both going to kill it!!!! Will be tracking you on the IM app, can't wait to see you get through!!!!

Congratulations to your daughter!

2022-05-19 6:29 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alaskatri Good luck this weekend to anyone racing. I am entertaining my parents and in-laws. Daughter graduates high school on Tuesday, so we've been busy with all that goes with that.

Congratulations to your daughter -- and her proud parents!

2022-05-19 6:30 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alaskatri Have been pretty busy this past week with a packed house of relatives, but got my daughter graduated last night. It's crazy to think I produced a valedictorian. She had a great week, and ended up with about 1.5 years of college paid for in local scholarships (she applied for over 50 of them). Also wanted to wish Lisa and Melanie good luck this weekend at Chattanooga. You are both going to kill it!!!! Will be tracking you on the IM app, can't wait to see you get through!!!!

Valedictorian! Congrats! You may have won the weekend!

2022-05-19 8:14 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by alaskatri

Have been pretty busy this past week with a packed house of relatives, but got my daughter graduated last night. It's crazy to think I produced a valedictorian. She had a great week, and ended up with about 1.5 years of college paid for in local scholarships (she applied for over 50 of them).

Also wanted to wish Lisa and Melanie good luck this weekend at Chattanooga. You are both going to kill it!!!! Will be tracking you on the IM app, can't wait to see you get through!!!!

How awesome! Thanks great Congrats!!

Also good luck Lisa and Melanie in CHOO!!
2022-05-19 8:54 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
How awesome! Thanks great Congrats!! Also good luck Lisa and Melanie in CHOO!!

I believe that it's Ann-Marie and Lisa who are going to Chattanooga. 

Ann-Marie is doing the 70.3 and 144.6 in September!

Lisa is doing the 70.3 and then heading to Des Moines for her full in June!

Doooo Eeeetttt!!!!

2022-05-19 9:28 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Doooo Eeeetttt!!!!

I am more than willing to let Melanie take my spot!

2022-05-19 9:34 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Doooo Eeeetttt!!!!

I am more than willing to let Melanie take my spot!

You've got this! 

2022-05-19 3:00 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Chatty is going to be fun! Heat and storms will make it one to remember 
I'm using it as a training day and will be riding the bike course Saturday to split my long bike ride. 

2022-05-20 12:29 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Have a great time in Chattanooga, Ann-Marie and Lisa!!!  So great to get to race again :D 

2022-05-20 2:35 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by juniperjen

Have a great time in Chattanooga, Ann-Marie and Lisa!!!  So great to get to race again :D 

Thanks!
In town now and it is windy! It’s giving me PTSD from Louisville- though 50* warmer, so no hypothermia this race! In fact, pre-race briefing info said water is already above 76.1, so no wetsuit if this holds. RD said something about the race officials taking the temp at an appropriate spot race morning which I take to mean they will look for cooler water. Fingers crossed bc I am not in race shape and need all the help I can get! Hoping we get some rain tomorrow and none Sunday til the run. Should be interesting.

Lisa, it’s amazing that you are riding the course tomorrow! what great training for your IM! Good luck and have fun.

2022-05-20 2:40 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by juniperjen

Thanks!
In town now and it is windy! It’s giving me PTSD from Louisville- though 50* warmer, so no hypothermia this race! In fact, pre-race briefing info said water is already above 76.1, so no wetsuit if this holds. RD said something about the race officials taking the temp at an appropriate spot race morning which I take to mean they will look for cooler water. Fingers crossed bc I am not in race shape and need all the help I can get! Hoping we get some rain tomorrow and none Sunday til the run. Should be interesting.

Lisa, it’s amazing that you are riding the course tomorrow! what great training for your IM! Good luck and have fun.

Wizard of Oz bike

2022-05-20 2:50 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

May 22
Lisa - IM Chattanooga 70.3
Ann-Marie - IM Chattanooga 70.3

Remember to track them on the Ironman app!

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

2022-05-20 3:22 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

Racing Manatees!!!

May 22

May 21

Curtis - No Lable Sprint Triathlon Katy, TX

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

I was 9th place in this race last year (2nd masters).  The top 4 were all Junior Elites. 

The only person to go under an hour who had graduated from high school was a guy who sits three cubicles away from me at work. He was the only person I knew at the race last year.  This year my co-worker is doing the race again as well and a few people from my running group

(but no one from the CyTri triathlon club.  I wonder about them???  They are doing tacos and passing out club swag at 9:00AM, but not at the local Tri race???  There must be some type of bad blood between the city 15 minutes south of them where the event is at???).

Anyways...I am excited to have some of the running club doing the race this year.  It will be really fun.   

2022-05-20 7:05 PM

User image

Racing Manatees!!!

May 22

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Good luck racers! Have a blast!

I have a long ride tomorrow, but since it's snowing it looks like I will be riding to nowhere in the basement again.

At least I won't get stung by any flying things with stingers like I did last weekend. I do not feel bad that a bee and probably a wasp, that got me 5 times, died a painful death.
2022-05-20 9:49 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Haha....The year that 70.3 Worlds were at Chatt, they managed to find a cool spot in the water so it was wetsuit legal (at least for age-groupers, not sure about pros). Guessing they will probably do so for the regular race. One of the most memorable parts of that race was when a woman next to me yelled, "Hallelujah, praise the Lord!" as the wetsuit announcement was made. I found it a bit odd given that it was a World Championship, that she would feel so strongly about the wetsuit!

I was a bit baffled because at the time, I was pretty sick after a bout with food poisoning AND at the best of times I am super cold-blooded, but I did the swim in my sleeveless shortie (in a personal-worst time due to an upriver course and being sick) and wasn't a bit cold. I really doubt that the water was actually in the 70's, at least in the part of the river where we were actually swimming!

Anyway, good luck at the race! We are finally supposed to get some springlike weather here (I can probably count on one hand the number of days our highs have been much above 60 this year) so planning an outdoor bike ride for once.
2022-05-21 7:46 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner Haha....The year that 70.3 Worlds were at Chatt, they managed to find a cool spot in the water so it was wetsuit legal (at least for age-groupers, not sure about pros). Guessing they will probably do so for the regular race. One of the most memorable parts of that race was when a woman next to me yelled, "Hallelujah, praise the Lord!" as the wetsuit announcement was made. I found it a bit odd given that it was a World Championship, that she would feel so strongly about the wetsuit! I was a bit baffled because at the time, I was pretty sick after a bout with food poisoning AND at the best of times I am super cold-blooded, but I did the swim in my sleeveless shortie (in a personal-worst time due to an upriver course and being sick) and wasn't a bit cold. I really doubt that the water was actually in the 70's, at least in the part of the river where we were actually swimming! Anyway, good luck at the race! We are finally supposed to get some springlike weather here (I can probably count on one hand the number of days our highs have been much above 60 this year) so planning an outdoor bike ride for once.

yeah, somehow after a super hot day the river cooled down 3+ degrees per the official posting this morning! 
Hope you get that spring weather!

2022-05-21 1:22 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Hot Runner Haha....The year that 70.3 Worlds were at Chatt, they managed to find a cool spot in the water so it was wetsuit legal (at least for age-groupers, not sure about pros). Guessing they will probably do so for the regular race. One of the most memorable parts of that race was when a woman next to me yelled, "Hallelujah, praise the Lord!" as the wetsuit announcement was made. I found it a bit odd given that it was a World Championship, that she would feel so strongly about the wetsuit! I was a bit baffled because at the time, I was pretty sick after a bout with food poisoning AND at the best of times I am super cold-blooded, but I did the swim in my sleeveless shortie (in a personal-worst time due to an upriver course and being sick) and wasn't a bit cold. I really doubt that the water was actually in the 70's, at least in the part of the river where we were actually swimming! Anyway, good luck at the race! We are finally supposed to get some springlike weather here (I can probably count on one hand the number of days our highs have been much above 60 this year) so planning an outdoor bike ride for once.

yeah, somehow after a super hot day the river cooled down 3+ degrees per the official posting this morning! 
Hope you get that spring weather!

they used magic!

2022-05-21 5:16 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Racing Manatees!!!

May 22

May 21

Curtis - No Lable Sprint Triathlon Katy, TX

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

I was 9th place in this race last year (2nd masters).  The top 4 were all Junior Elites. 

The only person to go under an hour who had graduated from high school was a guy who sits three cubicles away from me at work. He was the only person I knew at the race last year.  This year my co-worker is doing the race again as well and a few people from my running group

(but no one from the CyTri triathlon club.  I wonder about them???  They are doing tacos and passing out club swag at 9:00AM, but not at the local Tri race???  There must be some type of bad blood between the city 15 minutes south of them where the event is at???).

Anyways...I am excited to have some of the running club doing the race this year.  It will be really fun.   

Great, Curtis!

2022-05-22 7:00 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Go racers!!!
2022-05-22 7:06 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Lisa and Ann-Marie are both in the water.

So far, it looks like the weather is holding…

2022-05-22 7:25 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Lisa and Ann-Marie are both in the water.

So far, it looks like the weather is holding…

Lisa is out of the water...

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 26580 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93