BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-07-01 12:46 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022

Originally posted by JBacarella I paid the money, so it looks Like I'm doing the Paul Bunyon Challenge on Sunday Oly distance tri.
Have fun, be fast!

2022-07-01 12:47 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk I saw this today....

Ha ha ha, cute!

2022-07-01 1:03 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by juniperjen

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Originally posted by marysia83 I hope everyone will have a great long weekend! I'll be gone for a while, thus, wanted to say HI and wish everyone a nice and sunny 4th

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

Happy long weekend to all in North America! We gloriously have no real plans after a crazy May and June full of lovely socializing and plenty of kid activities. 

Now that the weather has improve and races are back I am having some FOMO - I have primarily doing at home strength workouts and enjoying it a lot. The last few weeks i've gotten up early and gotten out to casually ride with a friend. I got a SUP for my birthday and have taken that out for a cruise on the river near me. So life is good. But what about tri??? 

I've been having lots of ongoing conversations with myself about what i want. Today i am about to register for a sprint-ish distance at the end of the summer but also trying figure out a reasonable training load while still managing all the life stuff including 3 weeks of vacation. I am sure i keep my expectations low I can do it. I just really haven't been doing ANY of the trisports with any sort of regularity in several months but i am excited by the prospect. Can I do it? Probably. Should I??

If you are excited about it, why not?

2022-07-01 1:20 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

July 2-4
Jim - Paul Bunyan Oly distance tri on Sunday
Janyne - Firecracker 100k on Monday

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2022-07-01 3:25 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by marysia83 I hope everyone will have a great long weekend! I'll be gone for a while, thus, wanted to say HI and wish everyone a nice and sunny 4th

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

Happy long weekend to all in North America! We gloriously have no real plans after a crazy May and June full of lovely socializing and plenty of kid activities. 

Now that the weather has improve and races are back I am having some FOMO - I have primarily doing at home strength workouts and enjoying it a lot. The last few weeks i've gotten up early and gotten out to casually ride with a friend. I got a SUP for my birthday and have taken that out for a cruise on the river near me. So life is good. But what about tri??? 

I've been having lots of ongoing conversations with myself about what i want. Today i am about to register for a sprint-ish distance at the end of the summer but also trying figure out a reasonable training load while still managing all the life stuff including 3 weeks of vacation. I am sure i keep my expectations low I can do it. I just really haven't been doing ANY of the trisports with any sort of regularity in several months but i am excited by the prospect. Can I do it? Probably. Should I??

DOOO EEETT!

2022-07-01 3:26 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

July 2-4

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Go Jim and Janyne! Have fun!

2022-07-01 3:29 PM

User image

Expert

Racing Manatees!!!

July 2-4

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Janyne, have a great 100k on Monday! Just to blow up. haha
2022-07-01 3:31 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Expert
Originally posted by amd723

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

DOOO EEETT!

If you are excited about the prospect then you have to DOOO EEETT!
2022-07-03 5:23 PM

User image

Expert
2022-07-03 6:28 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella Race report is up https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid... I got a flat and lost 10 minutes

Oh geez! I'm sorry to hear that

2022-07-03 9:07 PM

User image

Expert
Here are the finisher's medal and age group award.

(Finisher's medal.jpg)

(Age group award.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Finisher's medal.jpg (53KB - 6 downloads)
Age group award.jpg (50KB - 5 downloads)

2022-07-04 8:38 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella Here are the finisher's medal and age group award.

Congrats on the AG placement -even with a 10 minute time out -woo hoo!

2022-07-04 2:57 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

DOOO EEETT!

Thanks everyone - i am going to DOOOO EEETTT! My specific task will be to not overcomplicate and do just enough to be trained for the day but not so much that it feels like a burden ... this is a task. I love training but i really need to find the love again and this may just work! 

As i decided i started looking up all the swim info and thinking about doing club swim but for a 750m swim I really don't need to do that. We have a little pool in my backyard good for short tethered swims, i live near Lake Ontario for OWS and can hit up community swim a bunch of times. Will be good enough. 

2022-07-04 2:58 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by JBacarella Here are the finisher's medal and age group award.

Congrats on the AG placement -even with a 10 minute time out -woo hoo!

Congrats! Great medals! :D

2022-07-05 12:23 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Congratulations! Awesome medal! And a podium finish even with a flat!

2022-07-05 12:24 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

DOOO EEETT!

Thanks everyone - i am going to DOOOO EEETTT! My specific task will be to not overcomplicate and do just enough to be trained for the day but not so much that it feels like a burden ... this is a task. I love training but i really need to find the love again and this may just work! 

As i decided i started looking up all the swim info and thinking about doing club swim but for a 750m swim I really don't need to do that. We have a little pool in my backyard good for short tethered swims, i live near Lake Ontario for OWS and can hit up community swim a bunch of times. Will be good enough. 

Great plan! Love it!

2022-07-05 1:19 PM
in reply to: #5279172

User image

Expert
2022-07-05 1:22 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella https://twitter.com/predamame/status/1544133598256717824?s=21&t=... Just a reminder about what is important Haha

Follow Jim!!!

2022-07-05 1:47 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella https://twitter.com/predamame/status/1544133598256717824?s=21&t=... Just a reminder about what is important Haha

lol, I need to come up with better names on Strava!

2022-07-05 2:07 PM

Originally posted by JBacarella

Here are the finisher's medal and age group award.

Great job Jim. And even with a flat? That is outstanding.
2022-07-06 12:49 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Congratulations! Awesome medal! And a podium finish even with a flat!

Yeah, what Janyne said!    Nice work!

2022-07-07 8:33 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Hey manatees,
I have been absent for some time and I apologize for that. I will try and bring you up to speed. A couple of you have been watching me on Strava and seen my progress. I went for my first open water swim last night and had fun. I swam 787 yards which I think is good as I still struggle on the swim.

Last weekend I ran a 5k in my hometown, first time in that race, and ran a 24:52, 1/6 in age group, 15/64 for men and 18/167 overall. I am pretty impressed for an old guy! lol

I have a sprint tri coming up this weekend in Joplin, MO. My team will have a strong representation at this event. Joplin is only about 80 miles north of us so it is considered local and we race it evey year. I am thinking a finish time around 1:10/15, My bike and run is strong. Just gotta get my butt out of the water.
2022-07-07 12:17 PM
in reply to: scoty

User image

Cypress, Texas

Good luck in Joplin Scot.  Tulsa is my home town and Joplin was always "local" to us too.  I never did any Triathlons in Joplin, but did the Tri Fest in Bentonville once and took my kids to it once when I wasn't racing so they would feel that had to compare themselves to me.    I live in Houston now and think my next "local race" will be in Texas City, TX in October which is around a 70 mile drive. 

Congrats on the 5K.  This time of year races times are 1-2 minutes slower so a 24 minute run is really solid.  Most of the 5K I was doing in the 30 miles radius of  McAlester, OK from 2015-2021 I could have won with anything under a 21-22 minutes.    

2022-07-07 12:55 PM
in reply to: scoty

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by scoty

Hey manatees,
I have been absent for some time and I apologize for that. I will try and bring you up to speed. A couple of you have been watching me on Strava and seen my progress. I went for my first open water swim last night and had fun. I swam 787 yards which I think is good as I still struggle on the swim.

Last weekend I ran a 5k in my hometown, first time in that race, and ran a 24:52, 1/6 in age group, 15/64 for men and 18/167 overall. I am pretty impressed for an old guy! lol

I have a sprint tri coming up this weekend in Joplin, MO. My team will have a strong representation at this event. Joplin is only about 80 miles north of us so it is considered local and we race it evey year. I am thinking a finish time around 1:10/15, My bike and run is strong. Just gotta get my butt out of the water.

Wow! that's an awesome time for 5K!
Great job on your swim, I think that's fantastic!

I am looking forward to learn how your sprint goes this weekend, fingers crossed ))
2022-07-07 2:10 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Good luck in Joplin Scot.  Tulsa is my home town and Joplin was always "local" to us too.  I never did any Triathlons in Joplin, but did the Tri Fest in Bentonville once and took my kids to it once when I wasn't racing so they would feel that had to compare themselves to me.    I live in Houston now and think my next "local race" will be in Texas City, TX in October which is around a 70 mile drive. 

Congrats on the 5K.  This time of year races times are 1-2 minutes slower so a 24 minute run is really solid.  Most of the 5K I was doing in the 30 miles radius of  McAlester, OK from 2015-2021 I could have won with anything under a 21-22 minutes.    

I live just south of Bentonville and have been involved in trifest for several years. Raced the Olympic last year. Not sure if I will race it this year.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 26560 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93