BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-01-13 10:01 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022
Hint:

(Roz.png)

Attachments
----------------
Roz.png (177KB - 17 downloads)

2022-01-13 10:05 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by jmkizer

Randee, when you get back to CT, I'd love to hear about the Disney half marathon! We want to see that castle picture!

Well I am back. Had a great time. Weather was 50s in the am and got into the 70s by mid day. Land at 11:30pm Sunday night so Monday was rough. Can't believe it's Thursday already. You would never know we're in the middle of a pandemic with 13,000 finishers in the half. I feel fine but got tested yesterday anyway (no results yet) as I'm trying to do the right thing and I haven't gone to the office yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I've attached the castle pic and a pic of me and my cousin. Can you tell what my costume is?

I'm glad to hear that you had fun. Thanks for sharing the castle pic :-)

Yeah, I get tested all the time. NC State processes covid tests in house at the vet school. My mom's immune system is kinda non-existent right now. She is still run down her cancer treatment and although she is cancer-free, she has not been well since her diagnosis. I could not live with myself if I were the one to give her covid so I get tested like all the time.

2022-01-13 10:10 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Randee, when you get back to CT, I'd love to hear about the Disney half marathon! We want to see that castle picture!

Well I am back. Had a great time. Weather was 50s in the am and got into the 70s by mid day. Land at 11:30pm Sunday night so Monday was rough. Can't believe it's Thursday already. You would never know we're in the middle of a pandemic with 13,000 finishers in the half. I feel fine but got tested yesterday anyway (no results yet) as I'm trying to do the right thing and I haven't gone to the office yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I've attached the castle pic and a pic of me and my cousin. Can you tell what my costume is?

Yeah, I get tested all the time. NC State processes covid tests in house at the vet school. My mom's immune system is kinda non-existent right now. She is still run down her cancer treatment and although she is cancer-free, she has not been well since her diagnosis. I could not live with myself if I were the one to give her covid so I get tested like all the time.

I wouldn't mind getting tested more often but it's so hard to find a test! CVS is scheduling 2 weeks out. We're going skiing at the end of the month so I have time to schedule a test for when I get back but what about the people who NEED IT?! It's insane.

Also the positivity rate in Orange County when I left was 40%. FORTY?! I don't know how I get away with NOT getting it!

Chris, how are you doing?
2022-01-13 10:16 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I wouldn't mind getting tested more often but it's so hard to find a test! CVS is scheduling 2 weeks out. We're going skiing at the end of the month so I have time to schedule a test for when I get back but what about the people who NEED IT?! It's insane. Also the positivity rate in Orange County when I left was 40%. FORTY?! I don't know how I get away with NOT getting it! Chris, how are you doing?

I guess that's a good thing about working at a university, we have walk up testing.  Usually there is no line (last week there were lines due to start of semester test-in requirements).

The positivity rate where I live is 27% and for the state it's 31%.  As you can imagine, I am glad to be on the edge of campus and I am happy to not have to interact with either students for the general public.  Most everything that I do can be done online, although I am in the office half time (working from home half time as well).

2022-01-13 10:16 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Orlando

The weather for the half the day before was a tiny bit cooler, too bad you didn't have it for your race. It's hard to believe that the last time I ran Disney it was sleeting and when I volunteered a few years later it was in the 30s! Our winter has become basically a light fall, so Disney the last x number of years has not been the best running weather - you lucked out!

Our governor and state doctor's position is if you don't test for Covid it doesn't exist, so we have absolutely no mandates of any kind. Theref9re, you will be fine, you just have to pretend the 40+ % positivity rate for the area doesn't exist 

ETA: My agency has/had about 50% of its employees out with Covid and we are still peaking! We may have just passed the 50% vaccination to some degree (e.g., 1st shot, 2 doses, boosted) rate. If i don't get it it will be a miracle!

Edited by amd723 2022-01-13 10:21 AM
2022-01-13 10:23 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by amd723

Our governor and state doctor's position is if you don't test for Covid it doesn't exist, so we have absolutely no mandates of any kind. Theref9re, you will be fine, you just have to pretend the 40+ % positivity rate for the area doesn't exist 

That is totally our position

for some reason I thought you were further South - forgot you were in Orlando too. If we go in 2023 we're doing Dopey. You'll have to come run with us!

Edited by mtnbikerchk 2022-01-13 10:24 AM

2022-01-13 10:29 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

That is totally our position for some reason I thought you were further South - forgot you were in Orlando too. If we go in 2023 we're doing Dopey. You'll have to come run with us!

In 2012 I considered running Goofy, that thought lasted about 5 minutes! Running Dopey has never even made it that long as an idea

2022-01-13 10:35 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

That is totally our position for some reason I thought you were further South - forgot you were in Orlando too. If we go in 2023 we're doing Dopey. You'll have to come run with us!

In 2012 I considered running Goofy, that thought lasted about 5 minutes! Running Dopey has never even made it that long as an idea

5K? LOL

I..... have time to talk you into it.
2022-01-13 10:36 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

I wouldn't mind getting tested more often but it's so hard to find a test! CVS is scheduling 2 weeks out. We're going skiing at the end of the month so I have time to schedule a test for when I get back but what about the people who NEED IT?! It's insane. Also the positivity rate in Orange County when I left was 40%. FORTY?! I don't know how I get away with NOT getting it! Chris, how are you doing?

I guess that's a good thing about working at a university, we have walk up testing.  Usually there is no line (last week there were lines due to start of semester test-in requirements).

The positivity rate where I live is 27% and for the state it's 31%.  As you can imagine, I am glad to be on the edge of campus and I am happy to not have to interact with either students for the general public.  Most everything that I do can be done online, although I am in the office half time (working from home half time as well).

We got a nice stash of rapid tests from our neighbours who started an asymptomatic testing program for the school when we had a bunch of cases at the beginning of the school year. It feels like a nice extra precaution but it's funny because here in Ontario Canada we are extremely cautious. We've had virtual school for the last two weeks (they are going back on Monday - relieved because kindergarten is so not fun to do virtually but it's still a risk ), indoor dining at restaurants is closed, no gyms or pools open, etc. But we have all the same issues in that it's impossible to find PCR appointments (they've changed the eligibility anyway), all the rapid tests are gone, etc. It sucks big time. 

2022-01-13 2:21 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Noooo!!! Now my March 6 half marathon is going virtual. The RD is being told with the current situation they can't host an in-person event. 

Ugh. I am so not into virtual. Such a bummer. I've been so consistent and building up. 

A friend who was planning to do it is going to see if a group might want to do a mock race that day on the site. Only issue then is traffic and having to stop at stop lights and such. 

2022-01-13 2:23 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by juniperjen

Noooo!!! Now my March 6 half marathon is going virtual. The RD is being told with the current situation they can't host an in-person event. 

Ugh. I am so not into virtual. Such a bummer. I've been so consistent and building up. 

A friend who was planning to do it is going to see if a group might want to do a mock race that day on the site. Only issue then is traffic and having to stop at stop lights and such. 

Oh poo! I am not into virtual either.  That super sucks.  A mock race sounds like a better idea and a lot more fun.  I hope that works out for you.

2022-01-13 2:47 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Oh poo! I am not into virtual either.  That super sucks.  A mock race sounds like a better idea and a lot more fun.  I hope that works out for you.

Agreed, virtual is no fun!

2022-01-13 3:25 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

We've done that - turn cancelled races into our own.

You could always do it at the crack of dawn to avoid most of the traffic.

Maybe you can change the route. Loops suck BUT when I have to run 20 miles in the heat of summer I set up a tent around a 2.3 mile loop with little traffic and then you can put out an aid station - so that's an idea.

My husband did the virtual boston last year and we made a 4 mile loop and I was the aid station. It happened to be near a soccer field and when the kids and coaches realized what we were doing they cheered every time he went by. It turned out to be really fun.

So I hope it works out for you!
2022-01-13 5:29 PM

User image

Expert

That stinks. I've done a couple of virtual races and not as much fun. Feels like a regular run, but I get a T-shirt in the mail.
2022-01-14 6:19 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Remember way back to yesterday when I said that my mom was cancer free (endometrial cancer).  Well, it appears that is not true. She saw her oncologist on Wednesday. The doctor ordered a chest x-ray (same day) and full body CT scan (1/26) and follow up (2/4). The x-ray shows "innumerable nodules" in her lungs. The doctor said that she expects to find more cancer via the CT scan. This is terrible news.

2022-01-14 6:44 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Remember way back to yesterday when I said that my mom was cancer free (endometrial cancer).  Well, it appears that is not true. She saw her oncologist on Wednesday. The doctor ordered a chest x-ray (same day) and full body CT scan (1/26) and follow up (2/4). The x-ray shows "innumerable nodules" in her lungs. The doctor said that she expects to find more cancer via the CT scan. This is terrible news.

Oh I am so, so sorry Janyne.

Edited by ceilidh 2022-01-14 6:45 AM

2022-01-14 6:46 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh

Thanks, Robin. As I said yesterday, I knew that she was not well, I just didn't think that it was cancer since her results were good a few months ago.

2022-01-14 6:51 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by ceilidh

Thanks, Robin. As I said yesterday, I knew that she was not well, I just didn't think that it was cancer since her results were good a few months ago.

Oh no. i am so sorry. Cancer is so unpredictable. Sending many hugs. 

2022-01-14 7:01 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Ugh! I'm so, so sorry. Cancer sucks.Sending all the positive vibes possible.

2022-01-14 8:02 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Sorry J.

Best to you and mom.
2022-01-14 9:02 AM

User image

Expert

I am sorry to hear this.

2022-01-14 11:42 AM

Terrible news Janyne, so very sorry to hear this.
2022-01-14 11:49 AM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Thanks, everyone.

2022-01-14 12:29 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

Jan 15-16
No know racers this week.

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2022-01-14 2:20 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Oh no. Speaking from experience, this is the fear all cancer survivors have for the rest of our lives. Hoping for the best prognosis and outcome. Prayers up. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 27040 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93