BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2022-01-14 6:16 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022
Originally posted by mtnbikerchkHint:
Am i the only ine who doesn't know who this is?

2022-01-14 8:14 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
So sorry to hear this! Praying for you and your mom.
2022-01-15 4:41 AM
in reply to: 0

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Just getting caught up on posts! Looks like there are lots of fun races on everyone's race schedules this year! Cannot wait to read our race reports!

Edited by canadarn2001 2022-01-15 4:43 AM
2022-01-15 8:05 AM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

Jan 15-16
No know racers this week.

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

We were going to go to Texas for the long weekend with my in-laws to see D1. The with Covid numbers are so bad and we have strong desire not to kill them, we went to their house.
2022-01-16 9:24 AM

User image

Remember way back to yesterday when I said that my mom was cancer free (endometrial cancer).  Well, it appears that is not true. She saw her oncologist on Wednesday. The doctor ordered a chest x-ray (same day) and full body CT scan (1/26) and follow up (2/4). The x-ray shows "innumerable nodules" in her lungs. The doctor said that she expects to find more cancer via the CT scan. This is terrible news.

So sorry to hear about your mom. Sending hugs to all of you.
2022-01-16 9:39 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

NAME: Robin

OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA: FB: Robin Krening-Capra Strava: Robin Krening-Capra IG: fortissimo_15.

STORY: I'm a retired teacher who thought they would have way too much time on her hands when she finally really retired. Hahaha.

FAMILY STATUS: Married, and we have two cats and two puppies and an air fryer. Cats: Caesar is almost 19 and Lilo is almost 9. Puppies are Makana, almost 10 months, and Allie the Alligator is 4 months. The air fryer is probably a year old. The two puppies are gogogogogo, crash, then gogogogogo again. Hopefully one day Allie will not go potty outside and then come in and go potty in the house 5 seconds later.

CURRENT TRAINING: Keeping up my base and building into longer sessions. As well as walking the puppies twice a day and cleaning the kitchen floor several times a day.

THIS YEAR'S RACES/EVENTS: Oregon 70.3 as a relay with a friend. I'm swimming and biking, Tim is running. I will also do Harvest Moon 70.3 again because I have my title to uphold.

GOALS/OBJECTIVES/DESIRES: My first goal is to get my swim back. That actually may be my only goal.

WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD MANATEE: I'm a horrible Manatee on paper, but I do read the boards and send mental hugs to those in need and kudos for everyone's achievements.

2022-01-16 11:18 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by ceilidh

it's Roz from monsters inc. My cousin went as Sully and our friend went as Mike
2022-01-16 12:30 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Welcome back, Robin!

2022-01-16 2:27 PM

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by fortissimo

NAME: Robin

OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA: FB: Robin Krening-Capra Strava: Robin Krening-Capra IG: fortissimo_15.

STORY: I'm a retired teacher who thought they would have way too much time on her hands when she finally really retired. Hahaha.

FAMILY STATUS: Married, and we have two cats and two puppies and an air fryer. Cats: Caesar is almost 19 and Lilo is almost 9. Puppies are Makana, almost 10 months, and Allie the Alligator is 4 months. The air fryer is probably a year old. The two puppies are gogogogogo, crash, then gogogogogo again. Hopefully one day Allie will not go potty outside and then come in and go potty in the house 5 seconds later.

CURRENT TRAINING: Keeping up my base and building into longer sessions. As well as walking the puppies twice a day and cleaning the kitchen floor several times a day.

THIS YEAR'S RACES/EVENTS: Oregon 70.3 as a relay with a friend. I'm swimming and biking, Tim is running. I will also do Harvest Moon 70.3 again because I have my title to uphold.

GOALS/OBJECTIVES/DESIRES: My first goal is to get my swim back. That actually may be my only goal.

WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD MANATEE: I'm a horrible Manatee on paper, but I do read the boards and send mental hugs to those in need and kudos for everyone's achievements.

Robin -> your post made me laugh out loud. Your air fryer must mean a lot to you! I sort of feel that way about my vitamix!
2022-01-16 2:55 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by fortissimo NAME: Robin OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA: FB: Robin Krening-Capra Strava: Robin Krening-Capra IG: fortissimo_15. STORY: I'm a retired teacher who thought they would have way too much time on her hands when she finally really retired. Hahaha. FAMILY STATUS: Married, and we have two cats and two puppies and an air fryer. Cats: Caesar is almost 19 and Lilo is almost 9. Puppies are Makana, almost 10 months, and Allie the Alligator is 4 months. The air fryer is probably a year old. The two puppies are gogogogogo, crash, then gogogogogo again. Hopefully one day Allie will not go potty outside and then come in and go potty in the house 5 seconds later. CURRENT TRAINING: Keeping up my base and building into longer sessions. As well as walking the puppies twice a day and cleaning the kitchen floor several times a day. THIS YEAR'S RACES/EVENTS: Oregon 70.3 as a relay with a friend. I'm swimming and biking, Tim is running. I will also do Harvest Moon 70.3 again because I have my title to uphold. GOALS/OBJECTIVES/DESIRES: My first goal is to get my swim back. That actually may be my only goal. WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD MANATEE: I'm a horrible Manatee on paper, but I do read the boards and send mental hugs to those in need and kudos for everyone's achievements.

Lol, glad you are part of the air fryer group!

2022-01-17 8:59 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by ceilidh
it's Roz from monsters inc. My cousin went as Sully and our friend went as Mike

It's an older Pixar but a really great one if you've never watched it 

2022-01-17 9:50 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

We've gotten walloped with snow today - hope everyone is staying cozy at home if you are in it's path! 

We haven't had this much snow in a few years. We went to bed with nothing and now have it drifting up past the tail lights on our car. Snow day for the kids - the first snow day our school board has had since 2011. Yes, i live in Canada - they are common around us but it's funny how the city often misses the big snows plus many schools don't have buses (we are only 400m away, if that). 

Glad it's a rest day on my training plan! Would definitely be hitting the treadmill otherwise! 

2022-01-17 2:32 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Remember way back to yesterday when I said that my mom was cancer free (endometrial cancer).  Well, it appears that is not true. She saw her oncologist on Wednesday. The doctor ordered a chest x-ray (same day) and full body CT scan (1/26) and follow up (2/4). The x-ray shows "innumerable nodules" in her lungs. The doctor said that she expects to find more cancer via the CT scan. This is terrible news.

Janyne, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.  Cancer sucks.  Sucks, sucks, sucks.  Hugs to you, middle finger to cancer.

2022-01-17 2:44 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

We got some of the snow, actually a few inches but then it warmed up and gradually morphed from snow to sleet to rain and winds, so today is now a wet compacted inch or so and still windy but above freezing for now.

It looks like tomorrow evening I'll work my first day at my 'perk' lifeguard job, watching over a high school meet.  For those not in the know, I've been part-time guarding at the local Y since June and as of last week have finally been made official at the lifeguard job at F&M College.  I'm mainly in the F&M job for the perk of getting to swim in their wonderful pool (Olympic size and they do switch it to LCM during late spring/summer which I LOVE) and the indoor track.  Oh yeah, and to keep pool users safe.  Of course.   

Yes, I'm keeping both guard jobs and also working my regular full time job.  The good thing about the lifeguard jobs is they are flexible and I can pretty much work when able as little or as much as I choose.

Janyne - last week when I was on campus getting set up and working with the IT person, she really reminded me of you.  Similar stature, glasses, hair, and clothing choices, plus she knew her stuff.

2022-01-17 4:25 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Just looked at my training log and am embarrassed to say I have spent more time swimming so far this year than biking or running. Not sure why.....I'll admit I'm not at a real high point of training motivation right now. It goes beyond tri--just find myself unable to make plans for the future beyond a few days out or, if forced to make them, to sustain any belief that they'll come to anything and not get derailed by events beyond my control.

On the plus side, my swim is getting speedier. Probably the best swim shape I have been in post high school, at least for freestyle.

But need to remind myself that not only have I paid for swim workouts (coaching/pool fee), I've also indirectly paid for bike and run ones too by buying the treadmill and trainer setups!
2022-01-17 5:20 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by juniperjen

We've gotten walloped with snow today - hope everyone is staying cozy at home if you are in it's path! 

We haven't had this much snow in a few years. We went to bed with nothing and now have it drifting up past the tail lights on our car. Snow day for the kids - the first snow day our school board has had since 2011. Yes, i live in Canada - they are common around us but it's funny how the city often misses the big snows plus many schools don't have buses (we are only 400m away, if that). 

Glad it's a rest day on my training plan! Would definitely be hitting the treadmill otherwise! 

Snow days - what a foreign ( to me) concept! Enjoy the rest.

2022-01-17 5:23 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

We got some of the snow, actually a few inches but then it warmed up and gradually morphed from snow to sleet to rain and winds, so today is now a wet compacted inch or so and still windy but above freezing for now.

It looks like tomorrow evening I'll work my first day at my 'perk' lifeguard job, watching over a high school meet.  For those not in the know, I've been part-time guarding at the local Y since June and as of last week have finally been made official at the lifeguard job at F&M College.  I'm mainly in the F&M job for the perk of getting to swim in their wonderful pool (Olympic size and they do switch it to LCM during late spring/summer which I LOVE) and the indoor track.  Oh yeah, and to keep pool users safe.  Of course.   

Yes, I'm keeping both guard jobs and also working my regular full time job.  The good thing about the lifeguard jobs is they are flexible and I can pretty much work when able as little or as much as I choose.

Janyne - last week when I was on campus getting set up and working with the IT person, she really reminded me of you.  Similar stature, glasses, hair, and clothing choices, plus she knew her stuff.

Congrats on getting your official lifeguard status! 

2022-01-17 5:24 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner Just looked at my training log and am embarrassed to say I have spent more time swimming so far this year than biking or running. Not sure why.....I'll admit I'm not at a real high point of training motivation right now. It goes beyond tri--just find myself unable to make plans for the future beyond a few days out or, if forced to make them, to sustain any belief that they'll come to anything and not get derailed by events beyond my control. On the plus side, my swim is getting speedier. Probably the best swim shape I have been in post high school, at least for freestyle. But need to remind myself that not only have I paid for swim workouts (coaching/pool fee), I've also indirectly paid for bike and run ones too by buying the treadmill and trainer setups!

Motivation is something I've been struggling with for the last 2 years. If you figure out how to get it back, let me know!

2022-01-17 6:55 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Haha....I'm motivated to do whatever I feel like doing at the moment! Clearly it's not a general lack of motivation to do anything (thus not really fitting a diagnosis of depression--I'm perfectly happy to swim my brains out and read years of unfinished spy novel series), just total disinterest in following an organized plan toward an end goal in pretty much anything but my job. (As a teacher, we're at least supposed to make a show of doing that, even if we don't actually know day to day if it's going to be in person, online, or home sick/quarantined and writing plans that a sub, assuming one shows up, will theoretically follow....)

My big issue with consistency is I'm no longer willing to get up at 4:XX to train. I just feel like with all the germs I'm exposed to, it would be better to come to school more rested than tired after early-morning workouts. But (and I'm sure this is true for other jobs than teaching as well), there tend to be way more unexpected demands on one's time between 4 and 6 PM than 4 and 6 AM!

2022-01-18 5:09 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Just looked at my training log and am embarrassed to say I have spent more time swimming so far this year than biking or running. Not sure why.....I'll admit I'm not at a real high point of training motivation right now. It goes beyond tri--just find myself unable to make plans for the future beyond a few days out or, if forced to make them, to sustain any belief that they'll come to anything and not get derailed by events beyond my control.

On the plus side, my swim is getting speedier. Probably the best swim shape I have been in post high school, at least for freestyle.

But need to remind myself that not only have I paid for swim workouts (coaching/pool fee), I've also indirectly paid for bike and run ones too by buying the treadmill and trainer setups!

I know the feeling. I have been doing mostly running these past few years. I am bring triathlon back in 2022! Pick a late season tri and just go for it! That gives you time to get back on your bike and get running again and gives you a goal!
2022-01-18 7:35 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by amd723

The news said you guys were in the 40s today! Don't worry, ice is coming your way eventually

2022-01-18 7:56 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

The news said you guys were in the 40s today! Don't worry, ice is coming your way eventually

haha, there was a little bit of frost on my windshield this morning and with the wind, the feels like temp was 37!  We haven't had a really cold day in years. We used to get into the 20s a few times in Jan and Feb and 30s was pretty normal. Now, we celebrate a day or 2 of 40* mornings. 

2022-01-18 8:05 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by melbo55

haha! Campus IT people have a look!

2022-01-18 8:07 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Just looked at my training log and am embarrassed to say I have spent more time swimming so far this year than biking or running. Not sure why.....I'll admit I'm not at a real high point of training motivation right now. It goes beyond tri--just find myself unable to make plans for the future beyond a few days out or, if forced to make them, to sustain any belief that they'll come to anything and not get derailed by events beyond my control. On the plus side, my swim is getting speedier. Probably the best swim shape I have been in post high school, at least for freestyle. But need to remind myself that not only have I paid for swim workouts (coaching/pool fee), I've also indirectly paid for bike and run ones too by buying the treadmill and trainer setups!

That's nothing to be embarrassed about.  Do what you love, right? 

√ Speedier swim

√ Best swim shape post high school

Edited by jmkizer 2022-01-18 8:07 AM
2022-01-18 8:08 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I heard that your wind chill is below freezing!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 26971 Posts: 1069

2022-12-30 6:00 AM jmhpsu93